PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts of You O GhanaShyAma SundarA Shri HarA

smaranam
01 March 2011, 07:16 AM
He is the Lotus-Eyed Sundar GhanaShyAm who herds the cows barefoot ~ People say His flute is most fortunate, but i think His shark-shaped earrings are fortunate, they constantly hit at His cheeks making Him the cutest for all devotees to see and what better devotional service can there be ? Therefore i bow down to those makarakundala (shark-shaped earrings).

NayaSurya
01 March 2011, 08:10 AM
What a beautiful post.<3

One of the Aumakua, or ancestral God for the Hawaiian people is the shark.

A Hawaiian friend with a shark tooth necklace once called Beloved Shyam a special name...it was Maka Alohi...Shining eyes.

smaranam
01 March 2011, 02:52 PM
That's quite interesting. What is Lotus in Hawaiian ? Bright shining Lotus Eyes.

praNAm

NayaSurya
01 March 2011, 03:43 PM
The word for lotus is līkao.<3

smaranam
02 March 2011, 11:10 AM
Thank You NayaSurya. Maka Likao Alohi (sans the grammar)

Lots of love and praNAm

smaranam
04 March 2011, 03:35 PM
THE LOVER

Designations of this mundane world 
O mind, do reject.
Identifying with AtmA  alone, will you any bliss get.

It was a beautiful place. 
There He was.  The most beautiful, full of Grace. 

He had the most expressive , loving , calm eyes 
which were the shape of Lotus buds so wise.    

Earrings the shape of  sharks dangled 
hitting against His cheeks  at an angle.

He looked so soft, that one would be afraid 
to touch Him. On strong shoulders curly thick hair cascade

His toe and finger nails  are pearls
That catch the gaze of cowherd girls

The most delicate and artistic fingers
On which sight from thousands of eyes lingers

His Lotus feet  so soft , one can tell  
Look at His anklets, they cast a spell

What is He doing .....  
Carelessly walking in the meadows, 
Forest and up a rough hill .... ouch !   
Stones , pebbles, twigs, parrots tweet:
"Oh no ! don't  tread those paths with Your bare feet."  
To which He simply laughs and smiles,
"My cows tread barefoot on the same rough isles"

He contains everything within Him, 
and all qualities that one can possibly skim.

Quiet and composed He smiles , glances  
Sending maidens into trances

Radiating compassion, aromas, valor
virtue  ,  causeless Love, humor

Causing His lovers to faint,  
Sending them into a dazed state,
In the middle of the road stops their gait
Stunned in stoney rapt silence - 
All by His mere existence.  

Let's not try to even think about 
What when He plays the flute,  
Glances at Radha,  plays with Her veil as parachute
Puts left arm around Her right shoulder,
presides over rAs, picks Govardhan like a boulder
Holds meetings at Dwarka dham,  
Kidnaps Rukmini ever so calm 

Drives Arjuna's chariot, sings the Gita, 
HE IS the subject of shruti , smriti, samhita

Negotiates matters in a voice so sweet, 
Honors Brahmins with an exemplary greet,

All reactions "from others" are for His pleasure and amusement all day.  
Everything is for Him, all settings and scenarios are stage for His play. 

Everything and everyone is 
of Him ,  for Him , by Him
within and without Him
and but Him 

Maakhan, mishri, ball, bat , 
monkeys, grass, calves, kush-mat
gopas , gopis, bugle , flute,  
Balram, Subala , bamboo shoot, 
Devis, Devas,  Arjun, rath, 
Dwarka, Mathura, Braj, Govardhan path....

Mundane attempts such as above

to glorify the Supreme Lord of Love
do not really strike a chord

His glories can silent mind alone drink

While it [mind] is still around,
in eternal honey let it sink

- VijayAdashmi (DasheherA) '09
(09/28/2009)

smaranam
05 March 2011, 04:31 PM
Saturday, March 5 2011

My heart cries at Your loneliness in MathurA at the tender age of eleven, and later, DwArakA. In fact, can relate to it.
Do we think RukmiNi, SatyabhAmA, Devaki, Vasudev were not aware of this ?
Everyone in DwArakA hovers around You, showering their love and attention, yet it does not quite reach You - well Your associates are exhalted, all glories to them, but ultimately there is that silence...
Radhe S S S ~ !

You make things straight for the PAndavs, for pavitra dharma, kula, rAshtra, jagat, mankind, humanity .... allow the war to take course as a last alternative, You gain nothing and lose nothing, You don't even look at You. Again there is that silence...
Radhe S S S ~ !

Just because Shri RAm and DwArkAdheesh, ShyAm is GOD, completely detached, PARAM YOGESHWAR and sanyAsi, does that mean He does not feel pain ? Parameshwar goes thru' all the extraordinary pain and hardships that come along with living in this world. In order to show the path of righteousness, He has to take on human ways and work hard - but only for them. When He could very well not do so. And to think He goes thru' all this just for the pleasure of the devotees !!

Twenty-eight days with no food and water to fight JAmbavAn for that gem that too when You had nothing to do with its presence or absence, but were labeled the thief.

This line: "All reactions "from others" are for His pleasure and amusement all day.  
Everything is for Him, all settings and scenarios are stage for His play. "
is applicable only in Gokul and VRundAvan, not DwArkA.... well not so much in Gokul either as you had to be on Your toes practically from day one - starting with PUtnA and then kicking the cart at three months, and all the Asurs - Your childhood wasn't spared either!

How could You do this to Yourself ! Just give give give give give and give. I know what You are going to say - that You had come here only to give. Even when in ignorance we think we are "offering" something to You, that haar and food and all gifts devotees gave You then and now, are all Yours. You smile and accept them for the devotee's sake, and the ignorant devotee thinks "i offered this to my Lord." The wise queens offered ratnAnjali knowing very well there is only so much they could do, that You hardly cared about any ratnas whatsoever.

You are simply too diligent when it comes to the devotees. Constantly at work, "catering" to the devotee's desire. That is why You are hardly with Shri, always attending to the bhakta's needs in vAtsalya.

HDF is a meeting place of wonderful souls, among them several bhaktas, AtmArAms and vedAntins to whom i offer many many praNAms. What am i doing here ? What spiritual path ? Existence at Your Lotus Feet and eternality with You is not a choice but the most beautiful Truth which You Yourself have shown, irrespective of any scripture or siddhAnta or Tattva. No philosophy can change that. I did not want to walk on any path to some unknown Supreme, just wanted to be with You eternally. Despite knowing this well, why was i looking for answers, again knowing at the back of this mind that i am not going to find any ? What was this silly one looking for anyway ? Verification of the Truth of existence with You ? Why was i trying Your infinite compassionate merciful Patience ? Well, there was a reason after all. The fact that i felt the need to look outside, was by itself the reason (a state of ignorance combined with some selfish possessiveness towards You).
The Path for me is the vast flowing ocean-like GangA, starts and ends at Your Lotus Feet - it is the source and the sink. When we don't hang on to Your feet, we flow away and start straying in ignorance, but You are so compassionate , always watching and pulling us out. Its my responsibility to not stray or worse - drown, not Yours to babysit.

The AchAryas say we must get rid of vAsanAs. They also teach that if that's hard, we should only fulfill Your vAsanAs, and if that's still hard, we should dovetail our vAsanAs to Your service. Well, i just thought of something... how about executing a global replace of any silly egoistic vAsanAs with items on Your TO DO list !

RAdhe !
Govinda GopAla RAdhe RAdhe
Jai SAchinandan Bol Hari
Hare KRushNa Hare KRushNa KRushNa KRushNa Hare Hare
Hare RAm Hare RAm RAm RAm Hare Hare

smaranam
10 March 2011, 05:36 PM
Namaste

Glories to Yamuna MahArAni
YamunA MahArANi ki jay

One fine morning sakhi sang to Govind: "SANwariyA, le chal parli paar..." He gave her a studied look for only a brief fleeting moment and said "Let's go." It took her a while to recover from the fact (shock) that He responded so promptly to her request in such a simple way. After all, are we not supposed to keep singing that all life long and pretend to be in seperation of the Dearmost and Closest to the heart ?

What must MadhusUdan have thought in that flashing moment when He gave her that studied look ? "I am with her, so what 'parli' does she want to cross now ? Perhaps she just wants to go for a boat ride ... " [Just as when Radha was with KRushNa and the bumblebee scared Radha. After the bumblebee was shooed away, Madhumangal (KrushNa's friend) declared "MAdhusUdan has gone!" Madhu (honey/nectar) sUdan (suck) = bumblebee. It also means the One who destroyed demon Madhu, as well as the KRushNa-bumblebee.
As soon as Radha heard those words She said "Oh my goodness! MadhusUdan has gone ?! What do I do now ? How can I continue to live ? How will I spend the next few moments ? ..." KrushNa looked at Her in surprise. "What kind of love is this ? She is right here with Me, but cannot see that , and merely hearing those words thinks I am not there!"]

The boat was ready. She said, "Wait, let me get some fruits You will be hungry later." Then she went back in again "Let me pack some warm shawls it can get windy on the waters..." ShyAmsundar laughed "What are you packing all these for ?" As though a few fruits, picnic lunch and a few blankets/shawls are all one needs to go "parli paar" (cross the ocean of neissance) ! She thought it was simply a boat ride.

What if Svayam HRushikesh Himself is the 'tArak' of the boat ? With PAraBrahman' on one's side, there is no "across" and nothing to cross. That makes it simply a joy ride in the Yamuna (river). A picnic !

I offer humble obeissances to that Devi YamunA, presiding deity of the Yamuna River, the fourth consort of Shri KRshNa, who serves Him constantly - letting Him and His comarades splash in Her waters in the summer heat.

YamunAshtakam - by Vallabhacharya :
Shloka 1

Namami Yamunamaham sakal-siddhi-hetum-muda

Murari-pad-pankaj-sfurad-amand-renutkatam I

Tatastha-nav-kanan-prakat-mod-pushpambuna

Sur-asur-supujit smarpitu shriyam bibhratim II1II
I (Shri Vallabh)bow joyfully to Shri Yamunaji,the giver of divine super natural powers for experiencing the bhagvadleela. Shri Yamunaji is loaded with the glistening sands emanating from the lotus feet of Murari Shri Krishna. The water of Shri Yamuna is scented with the perfumes of blossomed flowers from the forests located on the banks of Shri Yamuna,such Shri Yamuna is worshipped by gods and demons equally. II1II
And..
Who is capable of praising you, Krishna’s beloved Shri Yamunaji, co-wife of Laxshmi? If worshipped in conjunction with Hari, Shri Laxshmi can at best award the bliss of liberation. Your story, however, is far greater, for Your entire body is comprised of the beads of sweat that have dropped from Shri Krishna as He joins with the Gopis. (8)
http://www.pushtimarg.net/newPushti/eBooks/yamunashtakam%20english.pdf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g2CSiOCLiA&feature=related

guñjā madhurā mālā madhurā
yamunā madhurā vīcī madhurā |
salilaṁ madhuraṁ kamalaṁ madhuraṁ
madhur-ādhi-pater akhilaṁ madhuraṁ || 6 ||
His gunja-berry necklace is sweet, His flower garland is sweet, sweet is the Yamuna river, and sweet are her rippling waves, her water is sweet, and sweet are the lotus flowers also, Everything is completely sweet about the Emperor of Sweetness
- MadhurAshtakam Verse 6 - by Vallabhacharya

praNAm

smaranam
02 April 2011, 10:33 AM
SATURDAY, JANUARY 17, 2009

O Radha Kishori, Strange Indeed Is Your Love Story

[A dear devotee of Radha-Shyamsunder has just reported
that Radharani is not letting Shyam enter Barsana.
Hearing this news makes me write this message for Her.
(Please see English Translation below) ]

O Radharani, Ajab Tumhari Prem Kahani

O Radharani, kyon tarsati ho Shyamsunder ko apne ?
Aa jane do na Use Barsane
Kab se raaha dekh raha Shyam Jamuna kinare
Shyam ne Tumhe sandesha hai bheja :
"Agar nahi aane dogi Barsana
to Tumhare charan-chinnhon ko Murli sunakar
Vapas Nandagaon hai Muze jaana"

Phir kya karegi hamari Ladli Kishori ?
Ro Ro kar Uske paas daudegi
KishoriJi ki aisi baaton ke khatir
Jeete hai Sundar GhanaShyam
Unka 'Maan' dekhkar bhi harshit
ho jate hain Krshna Bhagwan.

Aur poch rahe ho Krshna kaise hain ?
Shabdon me kaise kehe sakti hun Unka haal
Jinka swaroop hi hai Bramhanand-may
Jo phailate hai apna MayaaJaal
Aur Jinhe pukarnewalon ko us jaal se
chhutkara bhi dilate hai ananta kaal

~ ~
Krushnali
Jan 17 2009

ENGLISH TRANSLATION

O Radha Kishori, Strange Indeed Is Your Love Story

O Radharani, why do You make Shyamsunder pine ?
Please let Him come to Barsana
Shyam waits for You since long by the banks of Jamuna
Shyam has sent a message for You
"If You will not let Me come to Barsana,
I shall play My Flute for Your Footprints
and return to Nandagaon"

What will our beloved Kishori do then ? huh ?
Crying pools of tears will She run to Him
For the sake of these very things about Radha
Lives the beautiful GhanaShyam
Seeing Her 'Maan' (anger) as well
He becomes blissful, our Krshna Bhagwan

And now you ask how is Krshna ?
How can i tell in mere words His state ?
He who is 'BrahmAnand' personified (or the most Blissful)
Who spreads His net of Maya (illusion)
And rescues those who surrender to Him
from this very net, for time eternal

~ ~

smaranam
17 April 2011, 09:25 PM
MONDAY, JULY 14, 2008
Lord Sings To The Soul

We are told that the material world is a perverted reflection of the spiritual world (The Tree). However, many, if not most, poetic and song compositions stem from the soul's search for the Divine. Hence, what looks like an ordinary, worldly or mundane [Hindi] movie song on the surface, can be a potential bhajan for the spiritually inclined. That includes not just romantic songs (Madhurya Ras), but those expressing parental love (Vatsalya), Friendship (Sakhya) or Servitorship (Dasya).

A Bhajan is usually the soul's song to the Lord.

Here is one where the Lord sings to the soul.

Guess the [original] song, and if you have guessed it, go find it yourself, i am not going to post it, but please look for the role of "SuperSoul" beyond the visible actor.

ROUGH TRANSLATION:

Beloved (literal translation - "my life"), look, the distances have melted
I am right here, right here, right here with you

What boundaries ? What helplessness are you talking about ?

I am that Secret you will not be able to hide
I am that Style you will not be able to forget

Why does My Voice echo in your heart ?
That's because I am the very Voice of your heart.

So listen if you can, to the language of the heartbeats

Its Me and only Me in your thoughts now
I am in your answers and in your questions
I am in each of your dreams
I am in each of your expression

Wherever you look you see only Me

Beloved, look, the distances have melted

---*----
Alright hint: The composer of this song is the great _ A _ E _ A _ _ T _ _.

If you have guessed it, congratulations ! Play the song what are you waiting for ?

Govind Govind Govind ~

smaranam
18 April 2011, 12:14 PM
Namaste,

Has anyone (or everyone who knows it) guessed the song yet ? It is very obvious. :)

Would like to hear what your guess is

praNAm
Radhe-Shyam

smaranam
02 May 2011, 01:15 PM
Hare KrushNa
Shat praNAm

What is my opinion ? No opinion. I just live with MohanA. I don't know what you say. Sometimes i am 9, sometimes 12, sometimes 14 like Lukmini, sometimes oldel but light now i am 5. So how can i undelstand all these big big worlds ? See when i was youngle i said "LAdhe" , She says, now you can plonounce the "R", why say "Ladhe", but i just like to continue saying Ladhe. Then all the sakhis think i am so cute and they blaid my hail and LAdhe gives mewa mithayi tho eat. But i don't let anyone else blaid my hail only MohanA ol Ladhe. That's it. But mostly i play with MohanA.

------

BhagvAn being superior to BrahmaN has to be understood in the right light. If butter gives more delight, it is superior. I'll give you homogenized full-fat milk to drink. It tastes like whole-milk, not like butter. How can you taste butter ?

Actually, butter to milk is not the right anology. In fact, if at all we want to look at it from jn~Ana POV, ghee is better - ghee is the Ultimate ESSENCE - it cannot get any purer. So KrushNa is the ghee, ESSENCE , ParamAtmA that pervades all. "GHEE - the highest sattva, is all-pervading in milk" (quote - NarayaN Maharaj) , and milk is the all-pervading BrahmaN.

sarvam idam khalvidam bramhaN'
and... the GHEE, the ESSENCE, the basis, the pratishthA of THAT bramhaN' is paramAtmA - Shri KrushNa.

bhahmANo hi pratishthA aham amrutasyAvyayasya cha
shAshvatasya cha dharmasya sukhasyaikAntikasya cha - BG 14.27

Verily I am the original foundation (prathishthhA) of the Ultimate Truth and of eternal righteousness; of imperishable immortality and absolute transcendental bliss.

http://www.bhagavad-gita.org/Gita/verse-14-24.html

Astonishingly beautiful is Madhavacharya's commentary (on this page). He says the impersonal brahmaN is Lakshmi - all pervading. When one has attained Lakshmi (Goddess of Fortune) they attain the Supreme Lord, KrushNa. Lakshmi is never seperated from Him and He is Her pratishthhA, abode, basis, foundation, shelter, prabhu.
The nature attained on transcending the three material guNa, is the nature of brahmaN i.e. eternal, imperishable, immortal.

This is very very very profound, more profound is the fact that i just discovered Madhavacharya's commentary on BG 14.27, even more profound is the fact that KrushNa made it so that i discovered it right now...

Let me explain:

I wrote this, and regretted later:

I am not exactly dying to meet Rangadevi, Tungavidya, Jatila or Mukhara, but wiping out everything is too much.

This is not true. I am in fact dying to meet all of them. Dearest Ones. Afraid to hold Them so close to hurt them as they are so gentle.

Is there a limit to KrushNa's Mercy ?! Last night MukharA Devi was my Grandmother - I was a little girl sleeping in her arms ! So was she missing grown up Radhe so much that she was treating me like i was Her ? Because *she* was missing her little Radhe ? When the loving Gopis and my Grandma included , wanted me to eat breakfast, i meditated on GopAl eating His breakfast away in Gokul... they kept coaxing me to eat but i wouldn't ...because He hadn't... they knew, but they pretended they didn't...

I try to be just a jiva. I have tried. Everytime i consciously seperate myself from Dearest Radha or Lakshmi as Her child, i slip back into being Her. This is involuntary, KrushNa makes it happen. He shows things that the outer world contradicts. I guess i am simultaneously one with and different from Her, as are all the sakhis, Yashoda, Devaki, and everyone. That is the only explanation to

simultaneous inconceivable (because KrushNa shows things contradictory to what the world says) oneness and difference.

Otherwise, my Dearest Lord, how can it always be that ...

When You are MadhusUdan KrsuhNa i am Radha
When You are Shyamsundar Dwarkadheesh i am Rukmini
When You are ShrimAn NArAyaN i am Lakshmi
When You are NarsimhaDev i am Lakshmi and You are tenderness personified, granting protection to everyone
When You are Shri RAm i am Sita
When You were Hayagriv i was Lakshmi

And all this is perceived thru the jiva and each jiva will have their own experience...

A shower of golden pearls
Vibhuti-full Brimming Urns
Parijat of Your Love
Golden chariot aristrocatic boat
raft on black waters
priceless moments
Your Ved is abstract, not rote

A h a m .... B r a m h A s m i

smaranam
21 July 2011, 12:31 PM
Hare KrushNa

A philosophical discussion including the purpose of bhakti, instigates me to post this. How can an infinitesimal jiva "please" the Infinite BhagvAn who is the possessor of Knowledge Wealth Fame Strength Beauty and Renunciation in infinite amounts ? He does not need our service or food or attention. How about Love ? The purpose of bhakti is not mukti either. Then what is it ?

What is the fine line
Between desire and need ?

An adult has desires

An infant has needs

Spiritually i am like an infant,

O my sweet, kind, gentle Lord
KRUSHNAA, I NEED YOU !!!

You know this too well

More so that I do

So You will never abandon me
'Cause an infant needs the Parent

To hold her every moment

An infant is oblivious to praise or blame,
Stone or gold, knows no pride, all are same

She is unaware of her existence

As seperate from the Mother

Does she know the letter "I" ?

Any more than stars in the sky ?

I feel like a toddler with a play kitchen set

You graciously accept "treats" from your pet

No matter how turns out the food

"Mmmm", You say, "This is good!"

How could i ever be Your Flute ?

How about Your Earrings or Staff ?

Will You let me be Your calf ?
Your baby deer ? the grass ?

The long Chariot ride
All the while

In the cool breezy night

Your moonlike smile

And the quiet Boat 

On deep dark waters

Of the river afloat

Please let me serve You

All eight folds of the day

Sprinkle Fragrant flower petals
Along Your way

Whatever happens in future

Is Your own sweet Will

However there is ONE NEED

You must fulfill

Whether You take me to Golok

Place me in GandharvaLok

Let me continue on BhuLok

Or in some other Lok

Please live in my heart always

And make sure that i

Will remember You
birth after birth
and ETERNALLY.

Entirely and Eternally Yours,

K r u s h n a l i

February 2008

-----

KrushNa is known as hungry for our Love (bhavanA bhukelA). What about the devotee ? Can they exist independent of each other ? Is this not contradictory to the fact that He is independent and desireless ? It is contradictory only as long as the devotee is not in the picture.
As long as the devotee has one foot in the material world, KrushNa wouldn't care, but He is bound to a pure devotee. That is why we want to be pure devotees, not just devotees. A pure devotee has many qualities, but the prominent ones are described in shastra e.g. Gita and Chaitanya CharitramRta.

SB 9.4.63: I am completely under the control of My devotees, indeed, I am not at all independent. Because My devotees are completely devoid of material desires, I sit only within the cores of their hearts. What to speak of My devotees, even those who are devotees of My devotee are very dear to Me.

KrushNa to the Gopis:
SB 10.32.22: na pāraye 'haḿ niravadya-saḿyujāḿ
sva-sādhu-kṛtyaḿ vibudhāyuṣāpi vaḥ
yā mābhajan durjara-geha-śṛńkhalāḥ
saḿvṛścya tad vaḥ pratiyātu sādhunā

I am not able to repay My debt for your spotless service, even within a lifetime of Brahmā. Your connection with Me is beyond reproach. You have worshiped Me, cutting off all domestic ties, which are difficult to break. Therefore please let your own glorious deeds be your compensation.

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya ~

NayaSurya
21 July 2011, 02:39 PM
Is there a limit to KrushNa's Mercy ?! Last night MukharA Devi was my Grandmother - I was a little girl sleeping in her arms ! So was she missing grown up Radhe so much that she was treating me like i was Her ? Because *she* was missing her little Radhe ? When the loving Gopis and my Grandma included , wanted me to eat breakfast, i meditated on GopAl eating His breakfast away in Gokul... they kept coaxing me to eat but i wouldn't ...because He hadn't... they knew, but they pretended they didn't...

I try to be just a jiva. I have tried. Everytime i consciously seperate myself from Dearest Radha or Lakshmi as Her child, i slip back into being Her. This is involuntary, KrushNa makes it happen. He shows things that the outer world contradicts. I guess i am simultaneously one with and different from Her, as are all the sakhis, Yashoda, Devaki, and everyone.

A h a m .... B r a m h A s m i

A Beloved Mother once say in my writing that each of us is a Beloved Portion of Her...sent down here to play out that very same role as best we can.

You are such a beautiful Portion of Her<3

NayaSurya
21 July 2011, 03:05 PM
Hare KrushNa

A philosophical discussion including the purpose of bhakti, instigates me to post this. How can an infinitesimal jiva "please" the Infinite BhagvAn who is the possessor of Knowledge Wealth Fame Strength Beauty and Renunciation in infinite amounts ? He does not need our service or food or attention. How about Love ? The purpose of bhakti is not mukti either. Then what is it ?

Beautiful post, as always...and here is this portions answer.
Being that I have been born away from the Light of SD it may be very simple...and so I do apologize.

At first, very long ago...I come at Beloved with flowers and my own dinner...and a song of course. I was a child hidden under the trees knelt to the earth praying...and this Love was so strong...so wonderful that it changed me...from someone who once sought Beloved in the sky...to one who saw Him in every single Beloved Face.

Then everything I did became bhakti...the cleaning and nurturing...every child in my home Loved so fully and with every portion of this heart that they become as Beloved Baby Krishna. In every Beloved Eye I see this! I do...and I can't change it now...nor would I...even if I could turn back time and undo this forward movement.

So as I clean the dirty foot and remove the thorn today, with so much care and compassion...and I look up the that child's eye and see Him shining back at me....with such great Love this world turns...and I am just so glad to serve. A life of service is a life of such simple beauty.

Bhakti is Love to me.

Not the selfish love a child feels for a girl he is dating(that young puppy love)...not the love of a new flavor of ice cream....

It is the love within your own Beloved Husband's eyes...it is the love within your Beloved Children's eyes...everlasting...without pretense...and so wonderful.

As the laundry pile is finished, I come today...I just come from Bhakti you see...humble service...filled with such great Love.

It is sweaty...beautiful...gritty....wonderful...hard labor... breaking my very vessel to bear these Beloved Portions...it is humble cleaning in the wee hours of morning when a child is ill...and not one to see these acts but Beloved. In silence I work. With no motivation other than to bring Love to Beloved with every opportunity.

I was still deeply entrenched in my nightly duties (I was making rice:P)and could not give this proper time so i come back to add a few things<3

smaranam
22 July 2011, 04:09 PM
Dear NayaSurya

You are Bhakti or Live Seva personified, and always an inspiration for all.
Yours is an extraordinary case, ~*~hats off to you~*~, and i do hear you.
Resonates with this verse:
Please let me serve You
All eight folds of the day
Sprinkle Fragrant flower petals
Along Your way
Which was originally:
Keep house, tend the garden
Fragrant flowers Your way

i edited the last 2 lines at the last moment before posting yesterday - thought it was too descriptive.

However, this is what i think in general:

My little star who is also my Baal KrushNa and will remain so into teenage and adulthood, means the world to me, i was his first window into the world, and my life always revolved around him since before KrushNa became the centre of everything.
In Indian culture children - especially crawlers and toddlers are Baal KrushNa by default. Serving our Baal KrushNas is something automatic - the least spiritually literate and also the most atheistic mothers would do the same. I would not even think of calling it seva. Perhaps an honor.
My focus on family, relatives, guests, neighbors, colleagues was at least the same BEFORE KrushNa turned a switch. Before any active mention of Bhakti Yoga or KrushNa's presence.
Just an ordinary mundane material life.

The POINT: There is a lot more to bhakti or God than our default seva. Now this can seem very contradictory - do not want to send a misleading msg...

So what is it ? (next post)

smaranam
22 July 2011, 04:11 PM
KrushNa comes and turnes a switch
- picks up the jIva out of the desert called illusory material world literally

These are internal changes but pertaining to functioning in this world.

Except, now paramAtmA is in all of them, so they are all dear now that you have stepped out of the world and onto the other side of the fence.

Some may want to add : complete abandonment of ego and service to community, country, world...

However, this is also not the ultimate conclusion of where it ends. Then what is it ? (next post) ...

smaranam
22 July 2011, 04:17 PM
OK. Here is my personal conclusion of what it is all about (may not be in accordance with shastric conclusion, Rupa Goswami may frown) :
What is the fine line
Between desire and need ?
An older one has desires
An infant has needs

Spiritually i am like an infant,
O my sweet, kind, gentle Lord
KRUSHNAA, I NEED YOU !!!
You know this too well
More so that I do
So You will never abandon me
'Cause an infant needs the Parent
To hold her every moment

An infant is oblivious to praise or blame,
Stone or gold, knows no pride, all are same
She is unaware of her existence
As seperate from the Mother
Does she know the letter "I" ?
Any more than stars in the sky ?

You are my Dearest One, Lord and Beloved, then we change or switch roles, sometimes i get to be the mother and You are the baby, but the reality is the other way around.
I cannot live without You. I don't know which which is which, You, me, they, selfish Vs selfless, premika Vs hard work, nectar Vs service, i know not. All i know is i was suffocating, drowning, gasping for "air" without You. All i know is that You make me happy. This happiness is lasting and constant.

The soul gets her real food only and only from the Lord. Till then she goes around eating junk food - chips, crackers, candy ... but never feels like she has had food.
From TrushNA (thirst) to Trupti (fulfillment).

NayaSurya
22 July 2011, 05:18 PM
You post so very touching, they are a window into Love and Devotion<3

You are very right I do not normally say all the things I do....but I was long before these ones soley given to me, my own children...I was the little mother to my world...and still am.
Every child who come will be fed...and clothed...to this day we send out everything we can not use to another to help share the burden...and before I was old enough to drive I was a clown for children's birthdays and special occasions and to this day I make balloon animals for anyone who wants...and more than this...every single time I step out of my home I do care for these animals dwelling amongst us in the same way.

Mother sent me here...I am broken off From Her most Beautiful Form...this is the origination of this portion. I have to do my best to live up to Her compassion and caring. In a life time I will never succeed I feel!

These post above, so wonderful! It is very true what you say...the fullness come from this work we do...this service.
But it's not like we pray, or we scrub and bam we get bliss as assumed. It is a slow filling...an unfolding...to we become so full.

Fullness of what?

Truth.(?)

and in this Truth? There is also such a fullness of Love.<3

With all my heart I wish...a small wish...that I could be at your feet someday. To be in your presence would be a blessing.

smaranam
22 July 2011, 10:14 PM
I was the little mother to my world...and still am.

Mother sent me here...I am broken off From Her most Beautiful Form...

I know. That is why i say ~*~hats off to you, Mother~*~ And many praNAm to you.

I love kids, and any that i am blessed to meet are sheer delight (i have to remember sometimes that i am a stranger they are not supposed to talk to). But the funniest was last year - while staying with my parents, there were 4 one-year-olds in the neighborhood, plus my nephew. How merciful can Baal KrushNa get :) It happened to be kArtik - DAmodar month, and i had a wonderful time. namAm ishvaram sacchidAnanda rUpam ...

I can see the Fullness, overflowing Love in your Maternal Devotion.

This child is at Your Lotus Feet, to automatically get showered in your Fountain of Unconditional Love
LAdhe LAdhe (RAdhe RAdhe)
praNAm

smaranam
19 September 2011, 01:34 PM
Sept 18 2011
6 Ashwin, PadmanAbh maas

This morning cute albeit the Supreme Wisdom BalGopal kept observing me in a pensive mood, deep in thought, thru' His tilted Mukut.

Later in the afternoon, all of a sudden... darshan of ... what first looked like a small bright light ... as it faded, a tiny lotus foot adorned with silver payal. Then i saw her. She looked not more than ten but perhaps was slightly older, extremely delicate, innocent and gentle. Her face was delicately dainty and small, she looked n i r g u N. She held two plates. One with many little glasses of nectarean fruit-drinks covered with cloth. Another with laddoo and perhaps other food covered with cloth.

She was silently standing by a tree (ouch her delicate 1.5-inch wrists are going to break under those plates). Watching KRshNa and the older Gopis play tag in the muddy forest. Water had collected in pools after the rain. Then KRshNa came running upto her - still panting (as if it was the game's half-time, no team had won so far) , and took a glass from the plate. He drank the nectar drink, put the glass back, blew some air over her face just like any shararati boy would trouble a younger one. Then He moved a hand around her head/hair with such vAtsalya that it shook me "Why are you standing with those heavy plates ? How long are you going to stand ? Go sit down" There was vAtsalya in His tone and Words.
The manjari did not say a word. She was extraordinarily calm. Neither excited nor eager to please KRshNa, nor to please Radha and the older sakhis. She was just so peaceful, self-contained, she was a sthita-pradnya.

Then why was she there ? To watch what ? She only seemed concerned that Radha-KRshNa and the other older Gopis should not stay hungry, thirsty or tired as they ran after each other or danced.

On the surface it did not even seem like she was looking forward to anything, no aturtA. No dancing eyes, no excitement, just calm exuberence.

She looks over Rai and the others, picks up things after Them, gives KAnh a damp cloth to wipe His Lotus face, holds Rai's chin when She is in tears of seperation...

And endless patient love... Following Rai-Kanhu like a shadow - but intelligent enough to know when she shouldn't or when it was unnecessary to.

Rai adores her. Rai has to feed her, as she forgets to eat. The Divine Mother of Compassion Rai feels anxious that Her little one is so so quiet that she may get lost, stay behind, stay hungry or be forgotten when the Yutha (group) moves among the Vraja forests...

Just looking at her brings peace. Wipes out any left-over vAsanAs, she is kRpa-sindhu too, and don't just go by her looks, she is a panditA.

Dress: White with silver
Complexion: light peach
NirguN Manjari.

Shri KRshNa Caitanya Prabhu daya koro more (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdhnZXuVb04) Lyrics (http://kksongs.org/songs/s/srikrsnacaitanyaprabhu.html)
Tuma bina ke dayAlu jagata samsAre ~...

Ha Ha Prabhu NityAnanda premAnanda sukhi...

daya karo Sita Pati Advaita Gosai,
tava kRpa bin na paye Chaitanya Nitaa ~ ~ ii ~...

-------
vRndyAyai Tulasi-devyAyai priyAyai keshavasya cha
KRshNa-bhakti prade devi satyavatyai namo namah:

-------

Tvam Eva mAta cha pitA tvamEva
tvamEva bandhuscha sakhA tvamEva
TvamEva vidyA Dravidam tvameva, tvamEva sarvam mama dEva dEva

kAyena vAchA manasendriyer va
budhyAtmana va prakRti svabhAvat
karomi yadnyat sakalam parasmai
nArAyaNAyeti samarapayami

hare~ rAam hare~ rAam rAam rAam hare~ hare~
hare~ KRshNa hare~ KRshNa KRshNa KRshNa hare~ hare~...

smaranam
12 October 2011, 12:21 PM
Oct 12 2011
KArtik Maas prArambh (the month of KArtik, a.k.a. DAmodar-month has begun, it is also considered Radha's month)

All warning statements for saving the jIva hold good as long as jiva is saying

vishay vikAr mitAo paap haro devA
shraddhA bhakti badhAo santan ki seva
Om Jay Jagadish Hare ~
(O Lord please erradicate my worldliness, desires and vishay - subject/objects of [worldly] desire)

As long as she has not completely lived by this:

tan, man, dhan sab kuch hai TerA
Swami, sab kuch hai TerA
TerA Tuzko arpaN, kyA lAge merA ?
Om Jay Jagadish Hare ~
(Glories to You O Jagadish, here, my body mind and wealth or anything "mine" is all really Yours,
Nothing is mine Everything is yours
I offer (arpaN) all this that is yours, to You
What i am offering is also Yours, but i am offering it anyway.)

This is Atma-nivedanam - one of the nine - and perhaps final - limbs of bhakti. The devotee goes crazy. The lamp offered to Bhagvan - that flame, jyoti is her AtmA - she is waving in circles her own AtmA in front of the Lord as Arati (kAyena vAcha manas endriyer va budhyatmana va prakRtir svabhavat karomi yadnyat sakalam parasmai nArAyaNAyeti samarapayAmi...).
The reflection is seen in the picture frames, she steadies the hand exactly so the reflection is right at the centre of ShyAmsundar and NArAyaN's heart.
NArAyaN checks with her each morning as Their eyes meet -
"tell Me, who am I ?
"You are my [param]AtmA O NArAyaN !"
"Good" This is the daily check.

After Atma-nivedan, offering EVERYTHING to PrANanAth, nAth of the prAN, what is left ? An empty instrument ? A nirguN nobody ? But who is the cause, driving force behind all this ? That same natkhat cheater trickster - NandaKishore the Beautiful. HE alone is making it happen.

He drives, has been driving all along. If KRshNa calls a devotee Radha, she thinks : "KRshNa is just being nice, sweet and romantic"
When He surprises her with philosophy - "I am your Self, I am you, you are Me" she brushes it off saying "Philosophy and Poetry meet in the gardens of Love, spiritual retreat"

She oscillates between being Radha and not, but "not" is not really possible as she has to exist, for KRshNa. It has been her natural state ever since they met...

The devotee does not understand *Radha* - how can She (Radharani) be so silly - and give away KRshNa to someone else ? How can She arrange for the whole ceremony of getting the devotee-n-KRshNa to go around the agni seven times in presence of guests, while She looks after all things, decorations flowers, food, guest atithya Herself ?

Kis mitti ki bani ho Radhe ? What exactly are You made of, Radhe , are You nuts ?!
"Yes dear, I am nuts, and to answer your question - I am made of KRshNa - so are you, you just are not ready to accept it"

Again and Again, several times *Radha* comes to the bhakta and wipes her musings and doubts like a white board being erased :

When devotee doubts - "I must serve Radha, the real Radha - but only when KRshNa is not around. When that natkhat trickster cheater chitchor is around, I am Radha involuntarily and have no choice... thanks to Him ! ..."

Devotee goes to Radha with "what do i do Radhe ? :o " Radha shows her two white doves in love, and asks: Can you say one of them is wrong ?
Tulsi Maharani is also a trickster. You tell Her "Radha-KRshNa prem pab eyi abhilashi" and She re-enforces what KRshNa does - Tulasi Herself dresses up the devotee treating her as Radha ... and the sakhis are no less - they join in !
Sakhis of That One natkhat after all will be natkhat.
One day *Radha* comes and makes a final statement : "You have NO CHOICE BUT TO BE RADHA AND THAT IS FINAL"

Still, after all this the devotee, in her bad habit of trusting external literature more than her own Radha-KRshNa, and trying Their patience the Nth time, muses
"I must not allow such "thinking". I must serve Radha..."
Oh, but you silly fool, what "thinking facility" are you talking about ? You gave it up to Shri Hari remember ? Atma nivedanam ?

Just then the devotee hears a sweetest voice calling her. Oh my God ! It is Radha ! The most beautiful, loveliest Radha she has ever seen, Who is very very very attractive. But this time She is ... err.. behaving a bit strangely - She is addressing the devotee with words reserved for PrANanAth Govindam Hari and none other !

What happens ? Momentary shock surprise astonishment. It takes a few moments for the devotee to adjust, gain composure, reflect on what is happening and has no choice but to continue the game started. The game continues...

Every door the devotee tried - KAnhA comes and blocks it - smiling His sweetest smile "I told you so, but you wouldn't listen."

Yes, KAnhA, i am pathetic - if i exist, that is - i ignore You and trust the external words on digital screen and books written by your devotees more than You ! I am guilty as charged. But please understand, it is the mind that the mind does not trust, you see - the culture-parampara tells the mind, that You may not be You, but mental concoction of the mind.

Sometimes, O Janardana, I am the Maiya and You are the Baby
And at other times in the past You have been that Maiya to me
And sometimes i have also been that very Baby
Other times O MadhusUdanA, Your boundless generosity perplexes me
You are the Lover and me the Beloved but then
One fine day to my ultimate shock and surprise
You become the Beloved and say those very things to me that i should be saying to You
If You take pleasure in my pleasant shock and confusion,
i am glad it makes You happy this way
And the game which You began, i continue to play
But please do not play with me like this O MurAri
Lotus-Eyed Darling of Vraja, ChittahAri
My mind blends into You till it knows not Who's Who
It is delicate, don't make it ~ sway ~

I really understand this bhajan *NOW* : http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38325&postcount=6

- reminds me of Guptaji - who posted this bhajan as an answer to "What is Vishishta-advaita (of Ramanuja) ? "

Nimbarkacharya also says that Vraj-VRndAvan is One Soul expanded for pastimes (dvaitAdvaita).

----

It is easy to take KRshNa lightly as He keeps cracking jokes ("I am you and you are ME" - yeah right) - but He is not always joking.

It is great fortune for the devotees to get a glimpse of His achintya (inconceivable) compassionate nature. It results in tears.

in service of all devotees
_/\_ praNAm

smaranam
20 July 2013, 08:23 AM
AshADhi EkAdashi a.k.a. Shayan EkAdashi, month of AshAdh, Jul 19 2013,
the last ekadashi after which Lord VishNu reclines on the ksheer-sAgar (milk ocean) for a nap of four months - chAturmAs. It is also one of the 2 ekAdashis (the other is kArtiki ekAdashi) when the vArkari of
Maharashtra make a walking pilgrimage from Dehu (of TukArAm) and ALandi (of DnyAneshwar) to PandharpUr (of Vitthal a.k.a. PAnDuranga a.k.a. Shri KRshNa)

She watched a lovely programme of abhanga (devotional songs on Vitthal a.k.a. PAnDuranga a.k.a. Shri KRshNa composed by Sant DnyAneshwar, TukArAm, GorA KumbhAr, JanA BAi ...) in a theatre. Abhanga can also really mean a + bhanga i.e. non-stop satsang, without any 'bhanga' or interruption.

There were three seats to her left, of which only the two at the end were occupied by 2 ladies, they left and later two men came and sat on those seats. The third seat immediately next to her had no human. Do you know why? Vitthal was sitting there, of course! All along. Throughout the 3-4 hour programme, no one attempted to get that seat. How could they? Others thought the seat was empty, but she knew the secret.

The artists - singers and musicians were wonderful. This was their seva on the auspicious AshAdhi.
The first half made her cry - the bhAv, the effort, the voice, svar, lyrics, all. PAnduranga watched her but let her cry.

As an aside, she started thinking of past events and asked Him to protect her from all sorts of things.
What is happening to me, KAnhA? Why do I react to assertions? He just patted her in assurance to say He was not upset by it...

She saw something in the manas world, as the abhangas continued... someone in modern attire, obviously from Kali Yuga was posing as her KAnhA and pretending to play a flute, looking at her with a laugh.
Enraged she walked up to him and snatched the bAnsuri (flute). First she put it on the floor. Then, picked it up (lest he starts playing it again) and broke it into two!
"Why did you have to break his flute?" KRshNa, sitting next to her, asked. You see, KAnhA, i had to. No one can dare do such things in front of me. He was pretending to be You!

During the show interval she went back-stage just by instinct, and payed obeissances to all the singers and musicians, both male and female, younger and older, much to the surprise of all except the lead singer. They had made Vittal manifest in the hearts of the audience. They were Divine. They had her utmost respect.

At some point during the second half of the show, her attention fell on the garlanded Vitthal picture on stage, sandwiched between garlanded pictures of TukArAm and DnyAneshwar MahArAj - the leaders and
"Maauli" of the VArkAris.

Vitthal was laughing lightly "You actually broke his flute"
"Are You still thinking about that KAnhA ? All this while?"
"Well, I thought it was very funny." Obviously thoroughly amused, Vitthal suppressed a smile, and pretending to be serious and reprimanding, said "That was not nice."
Then the lessons on the Self began again, and what to speak of the night-Aarti in the nearby Vitthal mandir, Vithoba-Rakhumai (Rukmini), the Divine Couple beautiful in peacock-green silk with golden flower-dots, while Vitthal wore His cotton white pitAmbar - the ekAdashi standard (on all normal ekadashis the couple wears full white clothes, mostly cotton - that would have matched hers).

He was still smiling in a way to continue from the evening's bANsuri episode. There was prasAd of sabudana khichadi, potato chips and a banana which broke her no-salt ekadashi vrat, but so what? as always in His palace, no one gets to do the austerities, everyone gets pampered...

smaranam
22 July 2013, 10:16 AM
GuruPaurNimA, AshADh, July 22 2013. ChAturmAs PrArambha

vasudeva sutam devam kauMsa chANura mardanam
devaki paramAnandam KRshNam vande jagat gurum

Salutations to Shri KRshNa, the Supreme Lord and Spiritual Master of the Universe,
Who is the son of Vasudeva, destroyer of evils such as KauMsa and ChANur, and the highest bliss of Devaki.

mUkam karoti vAchAlam
paMgum laMghayate girim
yat krupA tam aham vande
paramAnanda mAdhavam

I salute/Glories to the Highest Bliss called MAdhava, and to His Mercy, Who makes the dumb speak and the lame climb the mountain (in short make the impossible possible)

he krushNA karuNA sindho
dIna-bandho jagat pate
gopesha gopikA-kAnta
rAdhA-kAnta namostute

He KRshNa, an ocean of compassion, friend of the fallen, weak, meek or helpless, Lord of the Universe, Lord of the Gopis, Beloved of the Gopis, Beloved of Radha, my obeissances to You.

for KRshNa and Guru

saMsAra dAvAnalalIdha loka
trANAya kAruNya ghana ghanatvam
prAptasya kalyANa guNArNavasya
vande guroh shri charaNAravindam || GuruvAshTak 1 ||

following for Guru
yasya prasAdAt bhagavat prasAdo
yasya prasAdAn na gatih kutopih
dhyAyanstuvanstasya yashas tri-sandhyam
vande guroh shri charaNAravindam || GuruvAshTak 8 ||

shAkshAt dharitvena samasta shAstrair
uktas thathA bhavya eva sadbhih
kintu prabhor yaha priya eva tasya
vande guroh shri charaNAravindam || GuruvAshTak 7 ||

for translation of the three verses above please see the following link.
http://kksongs.org/songs/s/samsaradavanala.html (http://kksongs.org/songs/s/samsaradavanala.html)

-----------*---------*----------

he kRshNa karuNAkarA
mAdhusUdana manamohanA
sakhA mAtA guru tum hi tum
krutadnya hue ham, de hukum
Sarvasva kiyA arpaN tuze
de kamalcharaN sevA muze
Tu hi hai meri AtmA
JarA sun re JanArdanA
aansu kyon hai aTke hue?
hRday kaThin, tere hote hue
aise kaise re ho sake?
aur tu dekhatA hi rahe
is kaThor hRday me terA
dam ghuTatA na hogA jarA?
to tum bolte kyon nahi?
shikAyat karte kyon nahi?
he mere shyAm achuta mAdhavA
samzA de yah baata jarA
arjun se to gitA kahi
phir anu-gitA dohrai
uddhav ko saari baat samzAyi
ekAdashi mahimA gAyi
gopiyon ko jeevan diyA
prem parikAshThA tattva sikhAyA
to phir yah to kuchh bhi nahi
he anantA he mere mAhi
he chakradhAri parabramha praNAm
he tribhangalalita koti praNAm
he kamalAnAthA tuzko praNAm
he koTisUryasamaprabha praNAm
he lIlAmAnushavigraha praNAm
he bhakta-vatsalA praNAm
he karuNAsindho tuze praNAm
he dwArkAnAyakA tuze praNAm
he bheeshmamuktipradAyakA praNAm
he paramAtmA paramdhAm praNAm
he Adi NArAyaNA GovindA praNAm
he sahasramUrtI parabramha praNAm
antaranga ke swAmi praNAm

GurupUrnimA 2013

-----------*----------*----------

A Bhajan:

Gurudev daya karake muzako apanA lenA
mai santa kA sevaka hun charaNo me biThA denA...
Lyrics (http://spiritualdelights.wordpress.com/2012/03/01/gurudev-daya-karke-mujhko-apna-lena-main-sharan-pada-teri-charano-mein-jagah-dena/)