PDA

View Full Version : What I find amazing...

yajvan
07 December 2006, 07:09 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~~

Namaste,

I thought I would post one of the 3 things I find most amazing.
[ please post yours if you are inspired to]

In the Bhagavad-gita, Krisha ( who is the embodiment of Pure Consciousness) says:
patram--a leaf; puspam--a flower; phalam--a fruit; toyam--water; yah--whoever; me--unto Me; bhaktya--with devotion; prayacchati--offers; tat--that; aham--I; bhakti-upahrtam--offered in devotion; asnami--accept; prayata-atmanah--of one in pure consciousness.
If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, I will accept it.

For those that practice Sanatana Dharma - this offering of a leaf, fruit, water, etc is done on a regular basis and called puja from "puj" to worship honor,or serve. The offerer is called the Pujari.

What is amazing is that the Infinite accepts this, and keeps it simple. Offerings of simple things , a leaf, water, etc. and that one can do this without financial pinch.

The profound part is once a person is Enlightened , each and every action is an offering to Brahman - the offer, the offering and the offerer (Pujari) are all Brahman as is an offering; Every action becomes a spiritual action. How then could someone not be doing the will of God in this state? This is the goal for all seekers, and the beneficiaries are society as a whole.

pranams,

satay
08 December 2006, 12:14 AM
namaste,
First, GOD asks for a simple offering of leaf, fruit or water etc. and then later toward the end of his instruction, he asks us to offer all our actions to him, everything we do, think, perform, eat etc. should be an offering to him.

cetasā sarva-karmāṇi
mayi sannyasya mat-paraḥ
buddhi-yogam upāśritya
mac-cittaḥ satataḿ bhava

yajvan
08 December 2006, 06:06 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

namaste,

First, GOD asks for a simple offering of leaf, fruit or water etc. and then later toward the end of his instruction, he asks us to offer all our actions to him, everything we do, think, perform, eat etc. should be an offering to him.

Namaste satay,

Yes, this is true ... all of our actions. When one unfolds ( or becomes awake) to that level of consciousness of Fullness ( Bhuma), then every action is an offering to HIM. There is no-thing one does at that level that is not an offering because one is without the 3 gunas ( Keshava's instruction in Chpt 2.45).

Why do I suggest this is key? If one is without the guna's s/he is then possessed of the SELF ( Brahman or Turyia) and all actions are performed by prakriti (~ nature) Also defined in Chpt 3.27.
When one is governed by the wandering senses how can he be resolute on the Lord
(Chpt 2.68). Bhakti to the Lord is not when we feel like it ( oh I think to day I will be devoted to him and do japa, attend the temple)...Devotion is full time, all the time. If we strain and try to do this consciously then ones life become a misery where the joy of being in His light should be a delight. Hence, being possessed of the SELF, this forms the foundation for this devotion to be meaningful and bear fruit.
One is established in the SELF, then the small self of likes, dislikes, love-hate, wants, no longer drives that person’s behavior. Also too, the senses do want they are designed to do, operate within the field of the sense… they are not the bad guys, but some folks also try to whip them in shape , which causes stress and strain. This is not the way because Chpt 3.7 has been misunderstood ( we can discuss later too) .

So, lets say we are now possessed of Turiya, SELF. The individual is now at the Cosmic level. Associating with the silence and stillness of Being. This is the foundation for a spiritual life.
Now one can give all to HIM, as s/he is not bound by the ups-downs of life. Ones awareness is pure/focused... this is needed for this next step of pure bhakti to the Lord. Before that, we can pretend to be absorbed, give and offer, yet we are not certain of the receipt yes?
When one is operating from the SELF, this is one-without-a-second consciousness that blossoms to God Consciousness. We then see every thing in His light, smell everything, do everything, for all is this one-thing of Being ( Brahman).
Very beautiful condition to be in... we are all headed here. How can I proclaim that? its in our nature. More on this if there is interest. No effort is ever lost says Krsna ( Chapt 2.40).

willie
08 December 2006, 09:15 PM
I thnk a lot of people make offering all the time and never know it. Some times during work a person will get absorbed in the work to the point where they have no idea of time or anything besides the work. What seems like a few minutes, turns out to be an hour or more. And I think that at these times a person may be very close to brahman and never even know it.

Those times could be like some new meditation that works in the modern world where people are driven to work all the time. Perhaps brahman has open up another path to the higher planes to compensate for the modern environment?

yajvan
08 December 2006, 11:06 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

I thnk a lot of people make offering all the time and never know it. Some times during work a person will get absorbed in the work to the point where they have no idea of time or anything besides the work. What seems like a few minutes, turns out to be an hour or more. And I think that at these times a person may be very close to brahman and never even know it.

Those times could be like some new meditation that works in the modern world where people are driven to work all the time. Perhaps brahman has open up another path to the higher planes to compensate for the modern environment?

Namaste Willie,
Quite true and a great observation. Those higher planes are always there. Work, ( karma) in this state is again, not being 'attached'. You have given us an excellent point. People also have this experince playing and listening to music. Transcending is not hard. One can slip into this and slip out. Hense meditation creates the condition for the mind to do what it does so well...seek more. Waht can be more then the most when one is in infinite silence and unbounded awareness?

Your point out the passing of time, as in this state, you are beyond time (the relative field of life)... Think about it anyway . What is time but a method to measure eternity. Behind and between each tick-tick of the clock there is silence yes? there is space ( or aksasa) that is unbounded and goes for ever. This is an example of Brahman , beyond time, infinite as space. And the sound of that Braham is Kham.

Nice post!

saidevo
09 December 2006, 10:38 AM
Behind and between each tick-tick of the clock there is silence yes? there is space ( or aksasa) that is unbounded and goes for ever. This is an example of Brahman , beyond time, infinite as space. And the sound of that Braham is Kham.

In the introductory passage to his book Sandhya Vandana Bashyam, published by Sri Ramakrishna MaTham, the author Sri 'Anna' says to this effect:

A building might be large, artistic and beautiful, but what is most useful in it is the space it contains. In the same way, our days and nights might be busy with great deeds, delights and gains, but there are moments of inactivity where a second meets another--known as sandhi--manifesting as the daily dawn and dusk and personified as Gayatri.

The key is to become conscious of this sandhi. To become conscious is to remain absolutely silent, in mind, word and deed, with the only thought towards the Self that permeates the living moments and expresses itself through this silence.

If this habit matures, in such a mental state, apart from the actual sandhi of the days and nights, the gap or meeting point between every thought with its next, every word with its next, every deed with its next will not remain void but will be used to look for the atma darshan or darshan of the Self. The sUtrAtma is present like the thread that passes through the beads of a rosary. As the beads roll by, the thread shines momentarily before another bead covers it.

Addressing the Sun, the rishi of isavasya upanishad says, "O nourisher, pilgrim of the solitude, controller, absorber (of all rasas), offspring of prajapati, cast away thy rays, gather them up and give up thy radiating brilliance. That form of thine, most graceful, I may behold. He, the Purusha (in the solar orb), I am."

A related Tamil saying goes: "Don't think or concentrate. You don't see first, just see who is seeing it."