PDA

View Full Version : Prayer to BholenAth on MahAShivrAtri day/eve

smaranam
02 March 2011, 11:14 AM
[Namaste, Several years ago, a long time after i was shown how He and Lord Shiva are one and the same and yet different, KRushNa took me up the snowy HimalayAs and the next day , much to my ignorance, was MahAShivrAtri, which i found from the surrounding at 9 pm. Ever since, as BholenAth and Govind play this game, MahAshivtAtri is of great significance. ]

O Lord Shiva, Shambho ShankarA
O BholenAth who showers kindness literally with eyes closed, but then opens them anyway letting Your smile and eyes create yet another torrent of kindness,
O Gopeshwar MahAdev, who went to such great lengths to be a beautiful Gopi
just to sneak into the MahArAs, and Whom that Vrajanandan recognized right away with a very intimate affectionate natkhat grin, but let you in anyway

I have come to You on this very special day
For the very dust of Your Lotus Feet

As BAl KRshNa made bubbles in His morning saffron-milk and YashodA-MaiyA made wide eyes to reprimand Him, He simply drank another sip in obedience and then extended His baby hand holding the bowl to You, and You drank it in bliss. He picked a piece of apple from His plate and offered it to you with His baby hands. He kept doing the same with the bananas. One for You one for Me. At times He climbed into Your lap. How blissful You looked together.

May this ShivrAtri-Leela turn the bud-minds of devotees into blossoming flowers.

O Nandishvara, Beloved of NandaNandan, Who out of infinite kindness allowed AkAshGanga from Shri Hari's Lotus Feet to cascade onto Your shisha , so as to dampen Her pace for us beings,
Who is utmost pleased with, graces and blesses the jivas that serve Lord Hari,
Kindly bless this jeev with KrishNa prem that is nirguN beyond the three modes of nature, and may i be able to serve Him and His creation.

Jai Gopeshwar MahAdev
Om Namah ShivAya
Hari Om
Jai Shri KRshNa sharaNa mama
Hare KRushNA Hare KRushNa KRushNa KRushNa KRushNa Hare Hare
Hare RAm Hare RAm RAm RAm Hare Hare

Terms:

VrajaNandan = Son of Vraj, KRushNa
NandaNandan = Son of Nanda MaharAj
NandIshvar = Isha (Ishvar) of Nandi - Shankara's vAhAn (vehicle)
natkhat = mischievous, adjective aptly used for KRushNa
shisha = crown or head
jeev/jiva = living entity / individual soul
nirguN = without, untouched by, and beyond the three modes of material nature (guNas) i.e. sattva, raja, tama

PARAM
02 March 2011, 11:21 AM

त्रयम्बकं यजामहे सुगन्धिं पुष्टिवर्धनम् ।
उर्वारुकमिव बन्धनान् म्रुत्योर्मुक्षिय मामृतात् ॥

tryambakaṃ yajāmahe sugandhiṃ puṣṭi-vardhanam
urvārukam iva bandhanān mṛtyor mukṣīya māmṛtāt (Rigved 7.59.12)

smaranam
02 March 2011, 11:32 AM

त्रयम्बकं यजामहे सुगन्धिं पुष्टिवर्धनम् ।
उर्वारुकमिव बन्धनान् म्रुत्योर्मुक्षिय मामृतात् ॥

tryambakaṃ yajāmahe sugandhiṃ puṣṭi-vardhanam
urvārukam iva bandhanān mṛtyor mukṣīya māmṛtāt (Rigved 7.59.12)

Thanks, for the MahA Mrutyunjay mantra. I like the way Swami ChinmayAnanda explains this mantra. Beautiful as it is, not very specifically a prayer for KRushNa bhaktas, i would think.

Wish you a wonderful MahAShivrAtri with much spirituality (although my wishing is of no consequence, BholenAth will bestow spirituality anyway)
praNAm

PARAM
03 March 2011, 09:54 AM
Wish you a wonderful MahAShivrAtri with much spirituality (although my wishing is of no consequence, BholenAth will bestow spirituality anyway)
praNAm

हर हर महादेव
His blessings is always needed, always enjoyed as Dharm