PDA

View Full Version : The Universal Stillness

Eric11235
06 March 2011, 10:40 AM
Vannakam

After meditating sometimes I feel the stillness of the universe, the constancy of the soul, and the associating tranquility, does anyone else get this feeling after particularly fruitful meditation?

Ramakrishna
06 March 2011, 03:09 PM
Namaste Eric,

That's a nice description of the feeling. Yes, I also get that feeling after certain deep periods of meditation. Certainly not all the time, though. I believe the great completely self-realized sages feel like that 24/7. Hopefully I'll get there soon enough :)

Jai Sri Ram

Eric11235
07 March 2011, 07:52 AM
Vannakam

Also, does anyone else feel empathy more acutely, I find my ability to feel the pains and joys of others with almost too vivid detail has increased 2 fold

Friend from the West
15 April 2011, 08:59 PM
Namaste Eric,
I feel like that quite a lot. Not everyday but someday perhaps everyday. I spent some time with Theravada and taught to not focus on that so much. I find myself with following the Sanatana Dharma to focus on it more and feel blessed for this. I have sent a inquiry to Eastern Mind about possible concerns with this. I do not possess the knowledge myself to know what the dangers are with focusing on the on this experience but I know my life seems better and I am a better person when I focus on this experience.
Eric, I wish to say that I could not have stated what you did. It was beautiful.
Peace.
Rich