PDA

View Full Version : a black hole in meditation

Lokavidu
13 March 2011, 09:39 AM
Few months ago, I meditated using breath as my object.

I didn't control my breath, just observed it, the breath went naturally.

then I felt calm and in my mind I see a black hole that absorbed me...I also felt tension in my forehead, between the eyebrows.

so what was it?

thank you

Eastern Mind
13 March 2011, 10:43 AM
Vannakkam Lokavidu:

There are a whole lot of things that may happen during meditation. Personally, I rarely focus or analyze them much, basically just let them pass, so to speak. I don't think this is of much concern.

Aum Namasivaya

Lokavidu
14 March 2011, 12:31 AM
thank you

so where can I get the instruction of meditation taught by Lord Shiva Himself?

Lord Shiva is the Lord of Meditation, I want to know the instruction.

can we have psychic power by meditating?

thank you

Eastern Mind
14 March 2011, 07:23 AM

thank you

Vannakkam Lokavidu: If that is the goal, then I don't believe Lord will grant it. There are better goals such as remaining calm, bettering one's person, etc.

Aum Namasivaya

Lokavidu
14 March 2011, 08:22 AM
Vannakkam Lokavidu: If that is the goal, then I don't believe Lord will grant it. There are better goals such as remaining calm, bettering one's person, etc.

Aum Namasivaya

so how to meditate based on Lord Shiva's instruction?, since He is the Lord of Meditation

but the psychic power also included in the Vedas right? just curious...

thank you

vishnu
14 March 2011, 09:24 AM
Hi,

I never do any meditation. What is do i go to sleep after reading any spiritual book. I experienced the same after goin thru yoga vasistha.

Most of the yoga ppl are aware of that but dont know wat it is. I think that is the seat of consciousness.

Om

realdemigod
14 March 2011, 09:24 AM
thank you

so where can I get the instruction of meditation taught by Lord Shiva Himself?

Lord Shiva is the Lord of Meditation, I want to know the instruction.

thank you

Lokavidu,
What you are doing is exactly right way of meditating. Breath is the only way through which you can realize Lord Shiva. You can also think of the Lord but the image keeps changing.. at least when I try to think of Lord so many images of the Lord keep flashing and it's really hard to concentrate. So it's always better and in my experience very pristine way of meditating. And Lord Shiva is the Supreme Consciousness which fills the interspaces of the cosmos. So go on with your practice.. good luck

Eastern Mind
14 March 2011, 10:09 AM
so how to meditate based on Lord Shiva's instruction?, since He is the Lord of Meditation

but the psychic power also included in the Vedas right? just curious...

thank you

Vannakkam Lokavidu: This is a vast topic, and most likely everyone here will have a different definition of the term 'meditation' itself. For me personally, it is an absolute stillness in body/mind reserved for very sincere aspirants on the way to Self-Realisation. I find as a term, its bandied about meaning this or that, so words make it even more complex. From my definition, very few people actually meditate in that strict sense. For in that sense it means absolute stillness. Even one minor leg or neck adjustment would mean loss of a meditative state. Also from that strict definition, I have never meditated.

But no doubt regulating the breath is a great first step. Sitting absolutely still is another.

Aum Namasivaya

yajvan
14 March 2011, 11:42 AM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Many good thoughts are offered above. Yet if one reads the vijñāna bhairava kārikā-s, bhairava (Śiva) offers 112 kārikā-s ( or sūtra-s)
to approach Him.

Many say I wish to have a mantra . This is fine, noble and a rational approach. Well then how many are there is a reasonable question, no?
If we look to a most notable book of the trika system of śaiva darṣana called the māinīvijayottara tantra it says , In this world
where beings have come down from brahmā to a clump of grass, 35 million mantras appointed by śiva are sufficient.
Other tantra's call out seven koṭi-s (saptakoṭayaḥ) = 7 X 10,000,000 = 70 million.

And the notion of stillness and silence - a most worthy and noble effort, this comes about by proper practice. Silence in one's being is
the fruit of one's practice. Sitting perfectly still comes about with āsana ( some will spell āsanaṁ) perfected in one's mind. The perfect seat.

ॐमहेश्वरायनमः
oṁ maheśvarāya namaḥ

praṇām

Lokavidu
15 March 2011, 08:41 AM
thank you

so the pulsating area between my eyebrows is the third eye? it happened when I meditated few months ago, 2 or three times..

what is the meaning of 'Vannakkam'?

thank you very much