PDA

View Full Version : Is this Humanity?

Ganeshprasad
19 March 2011, 04:37 PM
Pranam all

Why has human stooped so low? what are the Karmic consequence off all this cruelty collectively?

http://vimeo.com/20656976

Jai Shree Krishna

KaliDevotee
19 March 2011, 05:08 PM
Oh my goodness! I couldn't even watch past the first 20 seconds! So terrible! I think it comes from a large part of our society feeling "dominant" over animals. I wonder where that concept came from.. :rolleyes:

It's truly horrible and I'm just guessing that Karma from these terrible massacres is very intense.

Innocent creatures dying for human consumption seems so disgusting without little thought. I wonder why it's so easy for people to overlook?

TheOne
19 March 2011, 05:09 PM
Wow. That's all I can say. It makes me absolutely sick what they do. It makes me even more sick that by even drinking a cup of milk I am an active participator in this useless slaughter.

I no longer have any desire to eat meat products or drink milk.

I cannot imagine the Karmic consequences as well. Even for the average person like you or me they must be enormous.

Adhvagat
19 March 2011, 05:26 PM
This is very disturbing. :(

Are there alternative ways of getting dairy products in the US, Canada or India?

TheOne
19 March 2011, 05:50 PM
I don't believe so.

Even many of the animals on so called "free range" farms endure the same amount of pain and suffering.

smaranam
19 March 2011, 09:33 PM
Namaste

Are there alternative ways of getting dairy products in the US, Canada ?

In US or Canada, not unless your milk supply comes from a cow-protection farm-organization, i.e. GoshALA. Typically, those would be run by devotees of Shri KRushNa. They are the primary source of milk to KrushNa Temples.

Alternatives are
1. Help support the cow-farms individually or collectively, otherwise they cannot maintain the cattle if there is no income.
2. Communities can get together and start/invest in SMALL co-operative farms.

A Higher Calling (Biodynamic Theology) (http://www.biodynamictheology.com/) This website belongs to Chand Prasad, a devotee. He has compiled existing CSA information (Community Supported Agriculture).
Current CSA farms in the United States do not prohibit final killing of the animals, and some are in fact grown for meat consumption.

Also very informative is the page "Intentional Communities" as well as all other links on the left of the home page.

3. Work with PETA to somehow help dairy giants reduce the number of cows and come up with a channel process for the male calves and old cows, so they can learn about Ox-power and Gobar gas sister-business from India.

One of the several VarNAshram dreams that wants to build cow-agriculture villages - "PrabhupAd Nagar" (http://www.gorakshyamtrust.org/)

Jai Shri KRushNa
praNAm

smaranam
19 March 2011, 10:14 PM
Namaste,

That last post was for the west, not India, which is unique when it comes to GoMAtA. I do not know what Amul, KAtraj Dairy, ChitaLe etc. do in the cities. Most of these big dairy giants apparently get supply from small rural/suburban co-operatives who take care of their few cows, and the government helps them. Others here would know more, of course.

Hare KRshNa Radhe Shyam

PARAM
21 March 2011, 12:08 PM
I did not dared to view whole video, it is really disgusting

I perfer Amul which comes from Gujrat, and Narendra Modi is taking care of cows.

According to Hinduism a calf has the first right for Gomata's milk, and other world comes next, not before.

Theone, you can drink milk when you come to India, but be careful from where you are buying it.

TheOne
21 March 2011, 02:39 PM
I have another question, I was reading Ramayana yesterday and Rama sacrificed a deer to God. I was wondering why? Why kill an animal for sacrifice?

charitra
21 March 2011, 04:51 PM
Sobering and disturbing video indeed, couldnt watch it, only listened to the audeo minimising the video. A storm would unfold once this video is released for public consumption...sad and cruel.

Coming to hinduism, as far as I know, Yadav community handles the milking of cows and i watched them carrying out the same with care and love; coming to killing the calf, never heard of.Its unimaginable that a hindu would ever do that or even look away when someone else undertakes the crime...yes, after a few minutes of suckling they pull away the young from the mom's udder but they are fed food and are allowed to grow right in the same cow farm. I cannot say that about sheep or chickens as I dont have any personal knowledge of the same. Now that the corporate sectors have usurped the smaller businesses in India, presumably the kindness part is all but a history. Media and animal activists are most probably already working on reaching the masses with this satanic human conduct to urge reforms. I will try to pass it around.Shanti.

Sahasranama
21 March 2011, 05:07 PM
I have another question, I was reading Ramayana yesterday and Rama sacrificed a deer to God. I was wondering why? Why kill an animal for sacrifice?

This is definitely possible, do you remember where in the Ramayana you have read this? Don't be suprised by such happenings, they are all over the scriptures:

http://www.valmikiramayan.net/aranya/sarga73/aranya_73_prose.htm

flabber
22 March 2011, 02:16 AM

whenever these kind of questions are posted, I feel it would be appropriate to also post information about the following things:

* the particular verse and translation
* the title of the book/source
* info about the author/translator

:cool1: