PDA

View Full Version : Help understanding "ayu dosh"

shavian78
28 March 2011, 01:19 AM
Hello forum,

I am trying to understand what ayu-dosh in (my) janam kundali means and how can its effects be mitigated, if it is indeed there?

The parents of the girl I was seeing told me initially that I have kal sarp yoga but someone pointed out that Mercury & Venus have already moved out of Ketu's ambit hence it cannot be called a Kal-sarp-yog.

Then they said I have ayu-dosh and can not and should not get married in the next 3 years or so. And also that the girl's kundali will prove destructive for me. She has also become apprehensive after hearing this and does not wish to hurt me by marrying me.

The folks I consulted did not tell me anything about the ayu dosh or that her janam kundali is bad for me. Its only coming from their consultants. Is there a way to verify the differences. Whom can I use as authority? How much importance would you place in "ayu-dosh"? And are there ways to rectify this?

btw my details are: Date 22-03-1978, Time 20-30 hours, place Indore (MP)

and the girls: Date 03-03-1987, Time 12-05 hours, place Kanpur

Many thanks.

~ Depressed but hopeful.

Eastern Mind
28 March 2011, 11:46 AM
Vannakkam shavian: Welcome to these forums. I hope you find some answers here. As for your specific requests regarding jyotish, we are not really a free jyotish site, although some members are very knowledgeable. For me personally, jyotish is a guide, and I would consider what my gut has to say more importantly than jyotish. But that's just me. Best wishes in solving this dilemma.

Aum Namasivaya

yajvan
28 March 2011, 07:59 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté shavian78

I will assume the word you used 'ayu' is actually āyus - this is life , vital power , vigour , health and is indicated by the 8th house.

doṣa - detrimental effect ; blemish; rooted ( √ ) in duṣ meaning fault , vice , deficiency , want , inconvenience , disadvantage

So if there is āyus doṣa it suggests there is a blemish appearing on the 8th house. Please describe what the jyotisha said about this -
what influences are there ? ( I do not plan to construct a birth chart).

Regarding kala-sarpa doṣa - this only occurs if rāhu is leading - this means into the mouth of rāhu. All the grāha-s¹ must be
hemmed in between rāhu and ketu for this doṣa to occur.

praṇām

words
grāhaka ग्राहक - one who seizes or takes captive ; from grāha ग्रह- seizing , laying hold of;
holding i.e. a grāhaka ~seizes~ or influences the circumstances of the native. This is done via the tattva they manage and control.

shavian78
29 March 2011, 07:24 AM
@ Eastern Mind: Thanks for the note. I do understand this is not a free jyotish site. I was just hoping to get some pointers as to the meaning of ayus dosh.

@ Yajvan: Many thanks. The jyotish who advised ayus dosh was from the girl's side. I do not know additional details. I will try to get more details. Btw, how do I go about locating a good jyotish? I live in Bangalore. Any suggestions very much appreciated.

Btw, I have been feeling a lack of vitality lately, so this might be really applicable to me. I will dig into this.

shavian78
30 March 2011, 01:23 AM
To become more knowledgeable about jyotish, I intend to self learn it. I have shortlisted this book to start with, based on the reviews online (especially at Amazon):

Light on Life: An Introduction to the Astrology of India
By Hart De Fouw, Robert Svoboda

Kindly advise if this is a good book to start off with or if I should be looking at some other book or approach. Online reviews are misleading many a times and the reviewers may be the wrong set of people to get reviews him. Hence the request to this forum which seems to have many genuinely learned people. I can read Hindi and English, no Sanskrit (at this point at least) ..

Regards