PDA

View Full Version : THE HIMALAYAN RISHI SANGHA & KUTHUMI LAL

anirvan
28 March 2011, 02:14 AM
I am starting this thread which focus on one of the most secret spiritual activities going on since long time by revered arya sages in secret caves of great Himalayan.

these are not any hearsays but it was said by my beloved guru which i have found support from various saints and literatures. though i don"t have these literatures,so can"t put it properly.i will welcome members to contribute.

The Kuthumi lal, who is also known as Mahatma Sumeru Das is the sitting Chair or leader of Rishi sangha. his one more name is RISHI MAITREYA.my Gurudev paramahansa sri Nigamananda Dev is his direct desciple under whom he was taught YOGA in a dense jungle cave in MP 100yrs back.

The Rishi sangha is the association of those revered saints mostly living without physical body of past and current times and also present days rishi.

It is chaired by 3 members leaders.1-Maitreya 2-Rushyasringha3-..................

i will come with proper details later.
Functiona-

1- guide the spiritual course of current time,

time and often they guide worthy persons into their fold and teach them Yoga or other spiritual advice and make them developed and then send them back among peoples to teach and spread adhyatma vidya

few imp.exp are : Bijayakrishna Goswami, Srimat Lahiri mahasaya(Lahiri Gita frame), sri yukteswar and Yogananda (the autobiography of a yogi), my gurudev swami Nigamananda saraswatideva, Madam Blavatsky and Sir Alcot of
THEOSOPHICAL SOCIETY,Swami Tailanga swami,Bhaskarananda,Gahirababa are just few

2- they are involved in the preliminary preparation for the forthcoming New Age Satyayuga.

Basically by their tapasya, guidance to worthy ones and propagating spiritual up-liftment of society as a whole and preparing the Ground work for Incarnation of Jagat-Guru in the world.

3- My Guru has advised that these great souls usually move in lower sky all over world in Brahmamuhurta(deep early mornings) in population area and if you are involved in spiritual doings with purity can get their blessings in your pursuit.

4- when required they can take human form and comes to human habitat and guide them in spirituality

5- their annual meeting takes place in Buddha purnima..near somewhere middle-east underground caves (areas arround afgan area0

6- they are the principal co-ordinator between Jagatguru and world spiritual activities.

anirvan
28 March 2011, 02:21 AM
here i will give small introduction of Sri Kuthumi Lal and his brief past history. and few links.WHO IS KUTHUMI?

The One Who is called Kuthumi is a Member of that Group of Beings Who oversee and guide the evolutionary developement of Humankind on Planet Earth. They are, of course, non-physical Foci of Consciousness and are variously called The Elders of The Race, The Spiritual Hierarchy, and The Great White Brotherhood.

Kuthumi is one of The Seven Chohans or Lords of The Seven Rays, which are Major Aspects and Attributes of The Creative Force for this Universe. In that role and responsibility, They transmute from a Higher Level through their Consciousness one of those particular Aspects for the benefit and progress of the sentient life on this planet. Kuthumi is The Chohan of The Second Ray Which is called Love/Wisdom and oversees the activity and global projects of The Second Ray Brotherhood Who work with this energy to promote the spiritual advancement of a laggard Human Race.

Kuthumi is also known as The World Teacher, having moved into that Position when the previous World Teacher (Maitreya) took a Higher Initiation within The Spiritual Hierarchy in fairly recent times. Kuthumi was the closest Disciple of Maitreya for a very long time. The Position of World Teacher is also called The Office of The Christ Consciousness in the "occult" literature.

The last incarnate lifetime of the current World Teacher was as Kuthumi Lal Singh, an Indian Kashmiri Prince of the 19th Century. Toward the end of that lifetime, He took The Fifth Initiation which is called The Ascension, and he became an Ascended Master of Wisdom in The Spiritual Hierarchy and chose to remain with the evolutionary scheme of Planet Earth (out of compassion) rather than moving on to other more extensive systems of evolution and experience.

The following are a few of the more memorable lifetimes of The One called Kuthumi within the past few millennia:

1) Egyptian Pharaoh Thutmose III (Menkheperre Reign: 1479-1425 BC)

2) Egyptian Pharaoh Ramesses II (Usermaatresetepenre Reign: 1279-1213 BC)

3) Pythagoras, the great Greek Initiate

4) Balthazar, one of the 3 Zoroastrian Magi

5) Saint John the Beloved, the one closest to Master Jesus

6) Saint Francis of Assisi (1182-1226 AD)

7) Saint Martin de Porres (Lima, Peru 1579-1639 AD)

8) Shah Jahan, builder of The Taj Mahal in India

In the New Golden Age upon Earth, Kuthumi will physically manifest and walk amongst Humankind as an Avatar of The Christ Consciousness and The Lord of Compassion, and He will anchor the virtue of compassion in The Collective Consciousness to remain for all time.

As this incarnate personality, I am a small fragment of The Kuthumi Consciousness (one of many), and it is The Christed Energy of Kuthumi which is transmitted through my body and my hands during a healing session. It is Kuthumi Who wishes to heal those who are ready to be healed through me, hence the Kuthumi hands.

anirvan
28 March 2011, 02:34 AM
few more links more are---

www.facebook.com/people/Kuthumi-Lal-Singh/1272172976

www.ascension-research.org/kuthumi.html

http://www.sanctusgermanus.net/english/Kuthumi.html

http://diamondheartflame.wordpress.com/2007/10/23/accelerated-past-life-clearing-with-kuthumi-via-michelle-eloff/
http://www.scribd.com/doc/47483147/Kuthumi-Lal-Singh-Channelled-by-Geoffrey-Hoppe

http://www.ascension-research.org/kuthumi.htmlhttp://www.crimsoncircle.com/AboutUs/AboutKuthumilalSingh/tabid/4952/Default.aspx

sanjib78
14 March 2012, 01:28 AM
NA - NA -NA

sm78
15 March 2012, 12:30 AM
The One Who is called Kuthumi is a Member of that Group of Beings Who oversee and guide the evolutionary developement of Humankind on Planet Earth.

The following are a few of the more memorable lifetimes of The One called Kuthumi within the past few millennia:

1) Egyptian Pharaoh Thutmose III (Menkheperre Reign: 1479-1425 BC)

2) Egyptian Pharaoh Ramesses II (Usermaatresetepenre Reign: 1279-1213 BC)

3) Pythagoras, the great Greek Initiate

4) Balthazar, one of the 3 Zoroastrian Magi

5) Saint John the Beloved, the one closest to Master Jesus

6) Saint Francis of Assisi (1182-1226 AD)

7) Saint Martin de Porres (Lima, Peru 1579-1639 AD)

8) Shah Jahan, builder of The Taj Mahal in India

Well human have evolved in a miniscule time period of time in earth history, a mere few thousand years.

What was this bodyless brotherhood doing say 65 million years ago? Was it Mr Kuthumi who incarnated as Predator-X - the big brother of liopleuredon forex, the greatest, largest and most awesome reptilian carnivore to ever live, to rule and guide over dinosours?

Given his human reincarnation, that is the most logical conclusion I can think of.

And surely he was also the mighty megalodon ruling over all fish & anything that came close to the sea, in the Cenozoic era? That still leaves me clueless how he ruled when there was no life on earth.

Please don't take me otherwise, these ageless non physical beings seem to have been extra busy in last 5 thousand years and zeroed in on the himalayan region for some reason, I am just curious what they were upto before all this busyness. Surely not sitting idle in the sky. I am sure he was also the MEGALODON! Prostrations!:bowdown:

anirvan
15 March 2012, 01:28 AM
Well human have evolved in a miniscule time period of time in earth history, a mere few thousand years.

What was this bodyless brotherhood doing say 65 million years ago? Was it Mr Kuthumi who incarnated as Predator-X - the big brother of liopleuredon forex, the greatest, largest and most awesome reptilian carnivore to ever live, to rule and guide over dinosours?

Given his human reincarnation, that is the most logical conclusion I can think of.

And surely he was also the mighty megalodon ruling over all fish & anything that came close to the sea, in the Cenozoic era? That still leaves me clueless how he ruled when there was no life on earth.

Please don't take me otherwise, these ageless non physical beings seem to have been extra busy in last 5 thousand years and zeroed in on the himalayan region for some reason, I am just curious what they were upto before all this busyness. Surely not sitting idle in the sky. I am sure he was also the MEGALODON! Prostrations!:bowdown:

what an wonderful revelation from SM. just mentioning few day dreaming scientist"s hypothesis regarding the entire history of earth will solve the entire solution to all problems. If you want to belief the human evolution of certain thousand years and you are an ancestor to monkey and your great great grand father was Pisces and amphibian,you are most welcome.But my belief and intuition for existence of human goes way beyond 65 million years.
I have no hesitation to belief that Bhagvan Ram existed well before lakh/million years.

You are totally free to follow your faith,but dont ridicule the faith of millions of spiritual hindus or hindu scriptures.

sm78
15 March 2012, 02:39 AM
what an wonderful revelation from SM. just mentioning few day dreaming scientist"s hypothesis regarding the entire history of earth will solve the entire solution to all problems. If you want to belief the human evolution of certain thousand years and you are an ancestor to monkey and your great great grand father was Pisces and amphibian,you are most welcome.But my belief and intuition for existence of human goes way beyond 65 million years.
I have no hesitation to belief that Bhagvan Ram existed well before lakh/million years.

You are totally free to follow your faith,but dont ridicule the faith of millions of spiritual hindus or hindu scriptures.

Human history on earth of 100K years, existence of megalodons existing till 1.5 million years agi, Predator-X in the late cretatious periods are no longer matter of faith, they are facts. So I am not ridiculing any faith.

And I think I really had a revelation what Nigamananda must missed w.r.t the prehistoric activities of these great beings and Mr Kuthumi Lal in particular. Actually, he was kind enough to speak me directly, after I read your posts this morning and started having doubts, by appreaing in a supra-physical vision.

You may not want to believe me, but please do not ridicule my genuine visions and prehistoric activities of Mr Kuthumi Lal. He was the Megalodon indeed.

anirvan
15 March 2012, 03:14 AM
[QUOTE=sm78;80245
And I think I really had a revelation what Nigamananda must missed w.r.t the prehistoric activities of these great beings and Mr Kuthumi Lal in particular. Actually, he was kind enough to speak me directly, after I read your posts this morning and started having doubts, by appreaing in a supra-physical vision.

You may not want to believe me, but please do not ridicule my genuine visions and prehistoric activities of Mr Kuthumi Lal. He was the Megalodon indeed.[/QUOTE]

Then you should start preaching like Nityananda and dont waste your precious time on internet,as you need broader population base to reveal your supra-physical vision .The reason you shouldn"t waste the time is because after such vision,your days on earth have started numbered.as god dont like to keep such enlightened souls under sun for long.Only God can save such inflated ego.

sm78
15 March 2012, 04:18 AM
god dont like to keep such enlightened souls under sun for long.Only God can save such inflated ego.

No god will keep me around to throw more light on englightned masters whose prehistoric activities are not well known at all to humanity. With the grace of paramhamshas like Nigamananda we know a little bit about their work of last few thousand years - but that leaves billions of years of activity since life inhabited earth. I must make that available to people who want to believe in the importance of incredible work of these deathless super beings and Mr Kuthumi Lal in particular are doing and have done.

Plus, with so many paramhamsha sannyasis (who by their own admission and title have realized brahman) are living upto ripe old age with clinical obesity , I am sure God will be kind enough to allow a humble light shiner of Mr Kuthumi Lal. Thanks.

anirvan
15 March 2012, 05:41 AM
[QUOTE=sm78;80250]No god will keep me around to throw more light on englightned masters whose prehistoric activities are not well known at all to humanity.. I must make that available to people who want to believe in the importance of incredible work of these deathless super beings and Mr Kuthumi Lal in particular are doing and have done.

I wish so too,let god"s great wish in form of you light the remained darkness on earth.

Plus, with so many paramhamsha sannyasis (who by their own admission and title have realized brahman) are living upto ripe old age with clinical obesity ,

Its the evil medical science"s fault o keep those obese burden on earth who are pathetic obstacle to the rationalistic enlightenment of reformers like you.

I am sure God will be kind enough to allow a humble light shiner of Mr Kuthumi Lal. Thanks.

Dont worry,there will be millions of light shiners of Kuthumi and truth.Your rationalist and agnostic/atheist will be wiped out like happened with kauravas.

anirvan
15 March 2012, 05:45 AM
Dear Anirban Jayaguru

Have been following your threads from couple of days....your analysis are indepth and nice, we are guru brothers... from my childhood i was fascinated by story of Thakur's yoga sadhana. and his guru Sumeru dasji, ....i always get surprised by the words of thakura....that we need not worry about indian's freedom...it will be achieved as decided by Rishi Sangha at right time....i searched in net about Rishi sangha but did not find a trace of it anywhere....after so many years when i found some talk about it in this thread. i could not resist but share some thought......Some how i feel its Sumeru Dasji who put the seed for india's true freedom struggle..prepared ground for it...when indian mass was totally demoralised after 1857 mutiny....for others it might be an outlandish statement...but i have some missing links to come to that conclusion.....

I have read from Thakur's biography....and Its well know that Sumeru Dasji changed Madam Blavasky's orientation so that correct views of hindu dharma was propagated in west....Madam Blavaksy knew Allan Octovian Hume ( Not sure how much she influenced him...thats the missing link...need some proff) who founded Indian National Congress. Blavaksy's desciple Anie besant spherheaded movement till Gandhi appeared in indian scene.....Thought and suggestion on this topic most welcome.

Regards
Sanjib

Thanks Dear Sanjib for the posting and suggesting above connection.Only purification of chitta will be able to perceive the truth which is so obvious yet so unbelievable.

jayaguru

NayaSurya
15 March 2012, 02:10 PM
Your rationalist and agnostic/atheist will be wiped out like happened with kauravas.

I hope to Shiva, not.

For the One with such a naturally and inherently good internal Compass....

Whom is dharmic...despite not having any Lord to command such a thing.

Who has no fear of some religious dogma to force him into such a state.

Who is completely wholy purely....good, for nothing but the sake of goodness.

He, i say is worth a million worshippers...all simply doing good for a prize from their chosen Lord.

He is at the very Heart of Beloved.

Hari Om Beloved<3

sm78
16 March 2012, 12:49 AM
Your rationalist and agnostic/atheist will be wiped out like happened with kauravas.

Yes, this is what all theism ultimately boils down to, a strong desire for genocide! :-) Somehow your love for the so called lord ends up in desire to annihilate some of his own creations. Not to speak about the lack of a sense of good humor.

I always thought there is no intrinsic difference between an Islamist and a Hindu theist, except lack of an explicit dogma on jehad and practical experience on the matter of killing and genocide. In this regard Islam is indeed a development on the Hinduism and the Islam apologist Dr Zakir Naik may not be much wrong after all.

wundermonk
16 March 2012, 12:57 AM
Yes, this is what all theism ultimately boils down to, a strong desire for genocide!

Why paint with such a broad brush?

If this is what you really feel, why post on HDF?

sm78
16 March 2012, 01:04 AM
Why paint with such a broad brush?
No I was just showing how someone like anirvan always talking about love and respect in HDF so far can tip over and desire a genocide. It just adds another evidence to my thesis, that theism kills humanity, respect for fellow humans and creation at large.

If this is what you really feel, why post on HDF?Why do you always want to show the door when you don't have answers?(this is not the first time) Is HDF your private space? And who told you Hindu necessarily have to be theists? You already know even orthodox hindu darshanas were not all theist and we are not living in the orthodox age but 21st century. If you can't adjust to the diversity of opinions around you, its your problem.

But you can ofcourse go and weep before your lord and pray for the annihilation and wait for the moment.

Mana
16 March 2012, 01:32 AM
Namaste sm78 All,

With all due respect, I should be much more concerned by narcissists within science than narcissists within religious dogma, if I were you. The notion of Eugenics to control a population is not born of theism.

How can the notion of guidance by positive thought and altruism cause you such concern?

I my self do not find much humour in a society that deems my own personnel "'scientific" revelations, to be curable with brain damaging drugs, that I might not tip the apple cart of an emotionally blind dharma. Being of a family of scientists, I am well placed to cast dispersions.

I should like to highlight the speech of Craig Venter, to make my point: on exclaiming his joy at sustaining life in a dead cell by the use of synthetic dna, he is quoted as saying "this will allow us to better control life". I will try to find the exact quote.

This man's natural propensity for the word "control" and not that of the word "understand"; underlines fully my concerns.
When a scientist's ultimate goal is the confirmation of his/her own greatness and a desire to obtain eternal life within the lofty hall ways of acclaim, who is steering the chariot; the horses?

praNAma

mana

sm78
16 March 2012, 01:48 AM
Namaste sm78 All,

With all due respect, I should be much more concerned by narcissists within science than narcissists within religious dogma, if I were you. The notion of Eugenics to control a population is not born of theism.

How can the notion of guidance by positive thought and altruism cause you such concern?

I my self do not find much humour in a society that deems my own personnel "'scientific" revelations, to be curable with brain damaging drugs, that I might not tip the apple cart of an emotionally blind dharma. Being of a family of scientists, I am well placed to cast dispersions.

I should like to highlight the speech of Craig Venter, to make my point: on exclaiming his joy at sustaining life in a dead cell by the use of synthetic dna, he is quoted as saying "this will allow us to better control life". I will try to find the exact quote.

This man's natural propensity for the word "control" and not that of the word "understand"; underlines fully my concerns.
When a scientist's ultimate goal is the confirmation of his/her own greatness and a desire to obtain eternal life within the lofty hall ways of acclaim, who is steering the chariot; the horses?

praNAma

mana

You are right and I am not bringing scientific narcissism as an alternative. Any kind of certitude and belief generally spills trouble. I just voting for humanity and nothing else. Your position being in western Europe may be a bit different than the others. Definitely there is a lot of over bearing materialism in todays Europe and its not very comforting. My experience is little, but I felt so in my previous visits. In India religious or religion driven persecution is still rampant.

I still find science much more liberating than religious dogma as it changes its views unlike religion. That doesn't mean I enjoy some scientists especially physicists overbearing their dogma on things yet completely out of their understanding or them always fiddling with a "theory of everything". But religion is a far older and original sinner in this respect.

Indian religious thought from ancient times had good healthy and sometimes dominant place for non-theism. It has been ire for religious chauvinists in India as well, but we didn't have the culture to physically annihilate the opponents, but who knows what the mental wishes were?

anirvan
16 March 2012, 01:51 AM
Yes, this is what all theism ultimately boils down to, a strong desire for genocide! :-) Somehow your love for the so called lord ends up in desire to annihilate some of his own creations. Not to speak about the lack of a sense of good humor.

I always thought there is no intrinsic difference between an Islamist and a Hindu theist, except lack of an explicit dogma on jehad and practical experience on the matter of killing and genocide. In this regard Islam is indeed a development on the Hinduism and the Islam apologist Dr Zakir Naik may not be much wrong after all.

Dont misquote my statement to genocide/jehadi to Gain Sympathy from others.Your only job in HDF is to disprove or ridicule faith/theist/bhakti and in majority of post i have seen you just laugh off the present days SAINTA or paramhansa or Guru. This type of Adharma or Blasphemy i have talked about.This type of adharmic blasphemy has always in past,present and future faced Wrath of God.

in some post you do moral policing,explaining the model codes/ethics,some place teaching others like master? How do you say that I lack sense of humour when you even lack sense.

This is not a new phenomenon.Even Sisupal,jarasandha,kauravas also ridiculed Krishna and openly insulted and humiliated him.And the result is infront of You.

When a time passed,everybody believed in Krishna as God,but when he was arround,only few recognised him.So without a pure,humbled open heart,without utmost devotion,nobody can recognise a saint.If you cant believe something because of your narrow knowledge base,why to ridicule any body.Atleast you should stay away from such post,instead of putting your authoritarian false knowledge.If you have nothing to contribute,why just do blasphemy.

Nobody needs your scientific knowledge or scriptural knowledge to have faith of follow something.This just show your super-ego.arrogance and i-know-everything attitude.

Last thing before quitting the thread---all dharma has equivocally states that" its dharmik act even when you have to kill a blasphemer in way to protect one"s Guru and his dignity.

sm78
16 March 2012, 02:34 AM
I think it is now getting veeerrrryyy childish as expected, so I will keep it to one liners.

Dont misquote my statement to genocide/jehadi.
I am not and I don't need to. See your own posts.

Your only job in HDF is to disprove or ridicule faith/theist/bhakti and in majority of post i have seen you just laugh off the present days SAINTA or paramhansa or Guru.
Well somebody gotta keep the balance.

This type of Adharma or Blasphemy i have talked about.This type of adharmic blasphemy has always in past,present and future faced Wrath of God.
See what I was talking about?

This is not a new phenomenon.Even Sisupal,jarasandha,kauravas also ridiculed Krishna and openly insulted and humiliated him.And the result is infront of You.
See what I was talking about? You keep wishing.

When a time passed,everybody believed in Krishna as God,but when he was arround,only few recognised him.So without a pure,humbled open heart,without utmost devotion,nobody can recognise a saint.If you cant believe something because of your narrow knowledge base,why to ridicule any body.Atleast you should stay away from such post,instead of putting your authoritarian false knowledge.If you have nothing to contribute,why just do blasphemy.
What are you talking about? What Krishna has to do with all this man? Where does he come from in this fairy tale about a Shah Jahan reincarnate? Who is the Krishna here? Y

Nobody needs your scientific knowledge or scriptural knowledge to have faith of follow something.This just show your super-ego.arrogance and i-know-everything attitude.
Let others decide for themselves, I know you definitely don't need it.

Last thing before quitting the thread---all dharma has equivocally states that" its dharmik act even when you have to kill a blasphemer in way to protect one"s Guru and his dignity.
See what I was talking about again? So death is the penalty for disrespecting the guru. Cool. Thanks for finally agreeing with me in clearest words instead of allegories and examples.Good good. Can you provide all the places where this is stated for the benefit of Wonder Monk since he apparently is in your camp but doesn't agree to this. I don't want misunderstanding amongst theists, they should all be very clear about their duty to kill.

anirvan
16 March 2012, 03:04 AM
I think it is now getting veeerrrryyy childish as expected, so I will keep it to one liners.

I am not and I don't need to. See your own posts.

Well somebody gotta keep the balance.

See what I was talking about?

See what I was talking about? You keep wishing.

What are you talking about? What Krishna has to do with all this man? Where does he come from in this fairy tale about a Shah Jahan reincarnate? Who is the Krishna here? Y

Let others decide for themselves, I know you definitely don't need it.

See what I was talking about again? So death is the penalty for disrespecting the guru. Cool. Thanks for finally agreeing with me in clearest words instead of allegories and examples.Good good.

Look I have no interest to do verbal duel childishly.You started personal attack .so i objected.Its not killing spree.Its about objecting or attacking in self defence.How can you understand the mentality of a jehadist when he goes on killing spree.Read sikh religion,what Guru Arjun sing had taught.yOU CAN DO A HEALTH DEBATE regarding philosophical doctrine,but you dont have any right to ridicule on one"s faith.if you do,you will face the wrath.

What I have written about Sahajahan,is not my research,The theosophical society masters have revealed it.it must have been said by Kuthumilalji or must have been visualised by their yogis.I just mentioned it and wanted to have anybody having knowlege regarding same.But you outrightly discarded everything and said in sentences that simply rejected even the spiritual validity of Nigamananda and Kuthumilal.do you have any valid knowledge about them.

Do you have any senses to think how much it can hurt to a person who believe in them more that anything in the world.Believe me,Being a rajput,i would have not minded to hold the collar of somebodyand kick on his face who openly insult my guru infront of me.

I apologise being such agressive,but i just wanted to express how it feels when one"s faith is ridiculed.Dont underestimate a jehadist"s mindset when he goes on killing spree.

sm78
16 March 2012, 03:41 AM
http://www.kuthumi.com/Kuthumi/Sessions.html

Personal sessions with Kuthumi, as channeled by Ruth, are conducted over the telephone or in person if you reside in the Greater San Francisco area. Sessions are currently being scheduled two weeks in advance.

Click Here to contact Ruth for more information. Be sure to include your name, e-mail address and times that you are available. First time sessions are $100.00. Thank you.So my more serious objection was why does Kuthumi allow things like above to happen in his name. Won't coming out of the himalayan hiding room be beneficial for humanity and he need not have to use channels. Undoubtedly his mystic enigma will go for a toss, and his channels will lose the good means of making fortune. Same is the case with other himalayan immortals. I don't know why they keep in hiding and patent out their spirituality to specific patent holder outlets, be it Indian Gurus or Foreigner Channels. Any ideas?

And do Hindus theists seriously want to be associated with Kuthumis, Babaji's et. al. of Himalayas as a serious side of their faith? I have no problem if you do, but don't flame out when ridiculed in that case.

saidevo
16 March 2012, 08:58 PM
namaste everyone.

Masters Maurya and Kuthumi are reverred spiritual celebrities in Theosophy. Bishop Leadbeater wrote a book titled The Masters and the Path wherein he has described their life and work.
http://www.anandgholap.net/Masters_And_Path-CWL.htm

A few years ago when I was too lazy (and thought it was late for me at this age) to get acquitained with the breadth and some depth of Hindu texts, I tried to take the easy way reading Theosophical books (mainly of Besant and Leadbeater). Although I guessed rightly that they are concerned with investigation of only the three worlds, spurn the path of devotion, and speak very little about mokSha--liberation, I felt satisfied reading them. By the grace of GaNesha, I was course-corrected to be back on the track of reading Hindu texts, and in the process came across an essay by Aurobindo that put Theosophy and the masters in proper perspective:

The Claims of Theosophy by Aurobindo
http://ww1.aurobindo.ru/workings/sa/17/0015_e.htm

Will India long keep the temper that submits to unexamined authority and blinds itself with a name? I believe not. We shall more and more return to the habit of going to the root of things, of seeking knowledge not from outside but from the Self who knows and reveals. We must more and more begin to feel that to believe a thing because somebody has heard from somebody else that Mrs Besant heard it from a Mahatma, is a little unsafe and indefinite. Even if the assurance is given direct, we shall learn to ask for the proofs. Even if Kutthumi himself comes and tells me, I shall certainly respect his statement, but also I shall judge it and seek its verification. The greatest Mahatma is only a servant of the Most High and I must see his chapras before I admit his plenary authority. The world is putting off its blinkers; it is feeling once more the divine impulse to see.

It is not that Theosophy is false; it is that Theosophists are weak and human. I am glad to believe that there is much truth in Theosophy. There are also considerable errors. Many of the things they say which seem strange and incredible to those who decline the experiment, agree with the general experience of Yogins; there are other statements which our experience appears to contradict or to which it gives a different interpretation. Mahatmas exist, but they are not omnipotent or infallible. Rebirth is a fact and the memory of our past lives is possible; but the rigid rules of time and of Karmic reaction laid down dogmatically by the Theosophist hierophants are certainly erroneous. Especially is the hotchpotch of Hindu and Buddhist mythology and Theosophic prediction served up to us by Mrs Besant confusing and misleading. At any rate it does not agree with the insight of much greater Yogins than herself. Like most Theosophists she seems to ignore the numerous sources and possibilities of error which assail the Yogin before his intellect is perfectly purified and he has his perfection in the higher and superintellectual faculties of the mind. Until then the best have to remember that the mind even of the fairly advanced is not yet divine and that it is the nature of the old unchastened human element to leap at misunderstandings, follow the lure of predilections and take premature conclusions for established truths. We must accept the Theosophists as enquirers; as hierophants and theocrats I think we must reject them.

sm78
18 March 2012, 08:56 AM
Thanks Saidevo ji for posting the information and Theosophical origin of these masters. I'll not waste another word on this topic but would like to emphasize what Aurobindo said (perhaves a century ago?), and request everybody to evaluate ourselves.

Will India long keep the temper that submits to unexamined authority and blinds itself with a name? I believe not. We shall more and more return to the habit of going to the root of things, of seeking knowledge not from outside but from the Self who knows and reveals. We must more and more begin to feel that to believe a thing because somebody has heard from somebody else is a little unsafe and indefinite.

Sahasranama
22 March 2012, 05:06 AM
Theosophy has had a major influence on neo-Hinduism and new age thinking, from Vivekananda to the himalayan academy and many other modern figures and institutes. It is very important that Hindus are careful not to blindly accept theosophic interpretations of our ancient wisdoms as the truth. The contamination of theosophy has become a very deep stain on Hinduism which can only be removed with rigourous study of our traditions and shashtras.

sm78
22 March 2012, 09:29 AM
The contamination of theosophy has become a very deep stain on Hinduism ....

Is fantasy so difficult to discern from reality? Reading shastras must be good, but will it be of any use, if our intelligence does not object to stories (similar to narrated in this thread, or those of lemuria) on its own? Is such an intelligence capable of understanding any real shastra anyway?

Sahasranama
22 March 2012, 09:41 AM
Is fantasy so difficult to discern from reality? Reading shastras must be good, but will it be of any use, if our intelligence does not object to stories (similar to narrated in this thread, or those of lemuria) on its own? Is such an intelligence capable of understanding any real shastra anyway?You are right of course, yasya svayam nasti prajna tasya shashtra karoti kim.

My reasoning was more along the lines that with the millions of shashtras available, someone who is honestly trying to understand any of them, would have less time on their hands to dabble in these things.

But you are right, if someone beliefs in super secret avatar babas hiding in the caves of the himalaya with their errand boys doing their business, shashtra is not going to be helpful.

ShivaFan
23 March 2012, 12:29 AM
Very interesting post. From what I have been taught, there are great Rishis and Sages who indeed do travel great distances, who after living in forests, mountains, caves, and various holy places indeed gather together by following footpaths and ancient map-ways - for example specific groups of such great souls gather in Varanasi on specific, holy, times and perhaps only once every 12 years and such. They teach the methods, the stars, and the calendar as to such gatherings from one guru down to disciples who become ascetics and Rishis themselves.

Another example is from what I have learned from a relations who is Jain, of the great ascetics who from the time before Mahavira, during the time of Buddha who learned from Mahavirs, to the times after Mahavira and into today, who follow specific routes into the jungles, up to holy mountains, based on monsoons and other natural cycles - and it is so with followers of Shiva, Brahma and Vishnu.

I am not so sure about the specifics you note in your post, and the examples of ties to ancient Egypt and so on, but indeed it is true in regards to India, Nepal, and beyond into other regions including China, Himalaya, Afghanistan and so on - even into Iran.

With the spread of dharma across the world, it would not surprise me that Hindu and Jain and such great minds are now also living out in the forests of the New World, perhaps in Canada for example, or in the mountains of California - and perhaps they also gather together on specific dates, years, natural cycles ... though I have heard of no specific evidence of this other than perhaps certain organized and Americanized sects who follow certain gurus and such. For the most part, from my experience in India, many if not most of the true ascetics and sages who live as such do not belong to any such well-organized sect, and while some have a living guru, many begin as students and then went deep into the forests and such after their guru passed into another world or only live now in the heart of the disciple.

The world is very small. I certainly have learned that in my life. I have been amazed at who I have cross paths with, or someone I knew suddently showing up in the most unexpected place that I happen to be. But while the world is also so very small, it is big enough where there are entire populations of such sages who live, if you will, hidden and unseen - and I believe for example that Lord Hanuman is still alive to this day and living in the forest of India even now. Only a few can see The Lord right before their very eyes as a physical being standing before them. Such persons are very lucky indeed.