PDA

View Full Version : Interesting take on Anna Hazare's movement

sm78
11 April 2011, 02:21 AM
I cannot deny that the article makes insighful points, which perhaves never occured to most Indians binging over Anna Hazare's 97 hour fast.

I am not so much for the conspiracy theories, and Baba Ramdev being replaced suddenly out of the blue by Anna is not my primiary concern. The later part of the article is more relevant ... what is this Lokpal bill? What does it propose? Who will be the Lokpal's who gets all these powers?

For me when the Swami Agnivesh is in the helm of affairs, it cannot be a movement with good intents.

Anna Hazare’s Campaign: truly Gandhian, truly evil – I
Radha Rajan
11 Apr 2011

The End Result
The truth is simple and direct. Anna Hazare has replaced Baba Ramdev as the central figure in the nation’s war against corruption in exactly the same way that Gandhi replaced Tilak and Aurobindo within the Indian National Congress; ..............

Breaking his thunderous ‘fast-unto-death’ in just 97 hours, the first thing that Anna Hazare said was, “The most significant thing about this movement was that it had no religion”. What Sonia Gandhi and her NGO industry speaking through Hazare actually meant was Baba Ramdev and by extension all Hindus had been effectively de-fanged and marginalized. This was now Sonia’s show all the way.

http://www.vijayvaani.com/FrmPublicDisplayArticle.aspx?id=1722

grames
11 April 2011, 02:28 AM
The result is more important than who initiated a social change. There is no comparison of what Baba Ramdev did and what Hazare has done. It is not the victory of either one of these and stop seeking browne points. These two men are selfless but articles like this are trying hard to give them the unwanted credits and create confusion among the people.

Corruption is social evil and lets fight for it and take a vow not to be part of any form of corruption.

sm78
11 April 2011, 04:43 AM
Yes, result is most important...but in a country known for "hero worship", result often gets sidelined and only the hero worship remains. Also the point of the article was the dubious NGO's associated with Anna in the movement and the exact content of the Lokpal bill, which according to the article is aimed at the already cripled judiciary. On these two issues, one can wait and watch - but it may become too late, that's all. Finally, this was just a perspective, which may just be trash. I am not sure at this point - except about Swami Agnivesh of whom I am sure.

Sahasranama
11 April 2011, 07:16 AM
"The Lokpal bill is intended to provide the common man with direct powers to censure his/her elected representative. However, every complainant has to pay a fees and take full responsibility for leveling charges. In case the complaint is found to be baseless, punitive action extending to two years in jail and monetary fine of up to Rs.50,000 may be imposed on the complainant."

from wikipedia, seems like a useless bill.

I have not read the entire article you posted, I think the author should take a writing lesson.

Swami Agnivesh and Baba Ramdev are both from Arya Samaj. I don't support them, next thing they'll side with muslims/ Christians to uproot idolatry from India.

sm78
12 April 2011, 12:48 AM
Swami Agnivesh and Baba Ramdev are both from Arya Samaj. I don't support them, next thing they'll side with muslims/ Christians to uproot idolatry from India.

I don't think Baba Ramdev has any relation with Arya Samaj. He, as far as the claims go, is a sannyasi of the dasa nami order. His other guru bhai's like swami avdheshananda are well known also. I am no fan of Baba Ramdev, but other than over selling simplistic pranayamas, I haven't been able to sense any ill intent in his work.

Swami Agnivesh was Arya Samaj, and by his own claim still is. But Arya Samaj had thrown him out for anti organizational activities. As you have guessed he has always been an unbashed Islamism and Communism supporter. His mission has always been anti-national, siding with Pakistanis, siding with Christian conversions, siding with the Maoist movements. In a recent incident he was intercepted by Chattisgarh police when he was on his way to express his support and help to Maoist villages. An interesting character to research about, when you don't have better things to do. :)

satay
12 April 2011, 09:40 AM
namaste,

[quote=Sahasranama;62492 Swami Agnivesh and Baba Ramdev are both from Arya Samaj. I don't support them, next thing they'll side with muslims/ Christians to uproot idolatry from India.[/quote]

Ramdev is not Arya Samaji (not that there is anything wrong with that). Where did you get that? and why would he support the friggin' mullahs?
Aside from his organizations overpriced DVD's, CDs, books and ayurvedic medicine I don't see anything wrong personally with Ramdev.

Sahasranama
12 April 2011, 12:26 PM
Baba Ramdev took his education in an Arya Samaj gurukul and from all the lectures I have heard of him, he has not given the impression that he is not still completely enamoured with Arya Samaj doctrine. Baba Ramdev was also involved in some controversy on a tv show where he said homosexuality was a disease and that bollywood actresses should cover their bodies fully in movies. I couldn't care less about either, but I do not support this abrahamic mentality of supression of human rights.

Of agnivesha, I am not surprised at all that he sides with muslims. At least he is honest about his beliefs, unlike other Arya Samajis who are basically crypto-abrahamics and still in the closet.

edit:

Aside from his organizations overpriced DVD's, CDs, books and ayurvedic medicine I don't see anything wrong personally with Ramdev.
but other than over selling simplistic pranayamas, I haven't been able to sense any ill intent in his work.I don't think we should brush these things aside. He is acting as an authority on the subject of yoga and ayurveda and he is representing Indians. Baba Ramdev is diluting the wisdom of yoga and ayurveda with his simplistic view of these sciences. Indians are making a joke of yoga, they are laughing histarically, dancing around spastically and hyperventilating themselves and dare to call this yoga, while ayurveda is reduced to a daily glass of lauki ka juice. I'd hate to see people like this representing the Indian take on yoga and ayurveda while there are so many great scholars and practicioners of these sciences in India. Arya Samaj is often a catalyst in reducing our great Hindu sciencies into obscurity, because it's their job to filter everything through their Victorian, pseudo-rational and Abrahamic standards.