PDA

View Full Version : Sage dreams

Forrest
14 April 2011, 11:33 PM
Hey all,

Just wanted to share a little with you. Recently after reading The Veda, including the Upanishads, The Bhagavad Gita, Ramayana, and just cracking open The Puranas I have become completely devoted and fell in love with God. As of now, it is my dream to become a sage, perhaps even more then that. I am just saddened that there are no Mandirs or some real Hindu gurus where I live. I have started to fully grasp what it is to be a Hindu. It's just that without a guru (a legitimate one) I cannot progress any further. I am at a stand still and feeling pretty down, but I'm going to try and stay positive.

In the west it's pretty hard to get a good grasp on Hinduism, but I guess you could say that my hold on it is proficient. I understand everything, I just wish I could progress further to blissful enlightenment. I need a guru to awaken my soul for no matter how long I meditate (usually two to three hours) I can't seem to make a very deep connection with god.

In our religion, you know as well as I do that there are VERY few self taught Hindu saints. The problem is, that's just what I want to become. Any thoughts or comments, stories of your own?

May the cosmic mother shine upon you,
Forrest

Adhvagat
14 April 2011, 11:42 PM
I think this very situation you found yourself in is nothing but a test.

When you say being a sage, do you mean further your studies and practices or adopt a monastic lifestyle?

I understand everything...

Why do you need a guru then? :)

Forrest
14 April 2011, 11:50 PM
Haha, I think that was just me giving myself too much credit.
But just as well, without a guru to help me cleanse my karmic lifestyle I fear that I will never be able to leave the casual body. Although very few can, it takes the training of a guru and ancient traditions to travel that far down the road of pure consciousness. I wish I could say that I could do it on my own, but I can't.

I want to merge back into god and release my karmic body off the wheel of rebirth. My goal for now is to become a sage, but I really thirst to be a saint. Those very few that have the ability to stay here on earth to help the devotees, ergo, us aren't the most difficult to find... in India haha.

devotee
15 April 2011, 01:45 AM
Namaste Forrest,

Hey all,

Just wanted to share a little with you. Recently after reading The Veda, including the Upanishads, The Bhagavad Gita, Ramayana, and just cracking open The Puranas I have become completely devoted and fell in love with God. As of now, it is my dream to become a sage, perhaps even more then that. I am just saddened that there are no Mandirs or some real Hindu gurus where I live. I have started to fully grasp what it is to be a Hindu. It's just that without a guru (a legitimate one) I cannot progress any further. I am at a stand still and feeling pretty down, but I'm going to try and stay positive.

In the west it's pretty hard to get a good grasp on Hinduism, but I guess you could say that my hold on it is proficient. I understand everything, I just wish I could progress further to blissful enlightenment. I need a guru to awaken my soul for no matter how long I meditate (usually two to three hours) I can't seem to make a very deep connection with god.

In our religion, you know as well as I do that there are VERY few self taught Hindu saints. The problem is, that's just what I want to become. Any thoughts or comments, stories of your own?

As you must be aware that Hinduism has many schools and sects. Please let us know whether you are interested in Advaita, Shaivism, Vaishnavism or Shaktism or you just want to be a non-sectarian Hindu ? Normally all Gurus are belong to some schools/sects. Before trying to find a Guru you have to decide where your interest is.

OM

Forrest
15 April 2011, 06:02 PM
Namaste Forrest,

As you must be aware that Hinduism has many schools and sects. Please let us know whether you are interested in Advaita, Shaivism, Vaishnavism or Shaktism or you just want to be a non-sectarian Hindu ? Normally all Gurus are belong to some schools/sects. Before trying to find a Guru you have to decide where your interest is.

OM

Thanks for the input guys,

I guess I would place myself under Smartism. Would it really matter though, we all have the same goal. It doesn't matter what telescope we look through, we'll all still see the moon.