PDA

View Full Version : You know what irks me the most about Islam..

Sādhaka
21 April 2011, 04:15 AM
The thing I hate about them is how they try to prove islam is the true religion by showing how scientific facts are mentioned in quran. There's not a shread of truth to it in first place, besides how does showing the scieintifc facts (even if it were true) proves that islam is the true religion? It truly baffles me how people buy this BS without thinking

sanjaya
21 April 2011, 03:21 PM
Yes, it's almost comical to read about some of these "scientific miracles" in the Quran. What I wonder is that if this science is knowable from the Quran, why did scientists (some of them Islamic) have to work in labs and figure it out independently?

karna
21 April 2011, 10:14 PM
Let others do what they want. As long as they're not hurting anyone, where's the problem? Many Hindus do the same with vedic verses - it's just a common urge of every human being to prove that one's family (or country, religion etc.) is the best. Every mother feels her son is the best in the world. Would you get angry, or will you simply accept it as part of human nature and let go? Let's be a little mature.

Sādhaka
21 April 2011, 10:32 PM
Let others do what they want. As long as they're not hurting anyone, where's the problem? Many Hindus do the same with vedic verses - it's just a common urge of every human being to prove that one's family (or country, religion etc.) is the best. Every mother feels her son is the best in the world. Would you get angry, or will you simply accept it as part of human nature and let go? Let's be a little mature.
Namaste Karna,

I haven't seen many hindus try to prove our religion is the true religion or whatever stating scientific miracles. Atleast hindus who aren't ignorant about what hinduism won't make such attempt.

And I don't see how that analogy works here. The issue here is, they try prove their religion is true to reject all other religions and hence imply that us kuffars will go to hell. I find that quite absurd.

wundermonk
21 April 2011, 11:02 PM
The thing I hate about them is how they try to prove islam is the true religion by showing how scientific facts are mentioned in quran. There's not a shread of truth to it in first place, besides how does showing the scieintifc facts (even if it were true) proves that islam is the true religion? It truly baffles me how people buy this BS without thinking

It is very easy to deal with Muslims who tout the scientific greatness of the Quran. If they have less time on their hands, they can be asked to repond to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK12JtkE0yc) video. If they are more persistent and adamant, they can simply be asked to repond/refute each of the videos in this (http://www.youtube.com/user/TheIslammiracle) youtube channel.

Sahasranama
22 April 2011, 04:02 AM

Are you astrostudent?

flabber
22 April 2011, 05:02 AM
Are you astrostudent?

you have any doubts ? :laugh:

Sahasranama
22 April 2011, 06:26 AM
Not really. ;)

charlebs
22 April 2011, 07:38 AM
the islam needs to evolve. then we can gain respect again. =)

if you want to marry everyone, then allow your wife to do the same, then you're in conjunction.
this is already possible in holland, but christians always have their opinion about how life should be, so they struggle enormously

nitinsharma
22 April 2011, 08:12 AM
Namaste Karna,

I haven't seen many hindus try to prove our religion is the true religion or whatever stating scientific miracles. Atleast hindus who aren't ignorant about what hinduism won't make such attempt.

And I don't see how that analogy works here. The issue here is, they try prove their religion is true to reject all other religions and hence imply that us kuffars will go to hell. I find that quite absurd.

Exactly why I bloody hate them.The quran more or less places an obligation on every true muslim to try and convert as many non-muslims.Oh yes,everyone else goes to hell;anything,everything is justified in the name of jihad and of course the actual muslims are all...nevermind,this forum is too holy for that word.And by the way the word you were looking for was kafirs.

anirvan
22 April 2011, 09:23 AM
for god"s sake, why discuss about Islams on Hindu forum? does our purity ,pious nature is incomplete without the un-holiness of islam? why we should invite such discussion of Bidharmis to our such sacred temple like HDF ?

nitinsharma
22 April 2011, 09:33 AM
for god"s sake, why discuss about Islams on Hindu forum? does our purity ,pious nature is incomplete without the un-holiness of islam? why we should invite such discussion of Bidharmis to our such sacred temple like HDF ?

Seriously.Best post on this forum.

sanjaya
22 April 2011, 09:35 AM

I think this practice is foolish as well. But I think it's far less prevalent in Hinduism than in Islam.

karna
22 April 2011, 10:31 AM

A person isn't a true Hindu unless he attacks Abrahamic religions (Judaism is exempt for obvious reasons).

Sahasranama
22 April 2011, 10:42 AM
You are being sarcastic, but a Hindu who sticks his head in the sand for the dangers that Islam and Christianity pose towards India and Hinduism is a pretty lousy Hindu.

http://criticalppp.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/ostrich-head.jpg

karna
22 April 2011, 12:13 PM
You are being sarcastic, but a Hindu who sticks his head in the sand for the dangers that Islam and Christianity pose towards India and Hinduism is a pretty lousy Hindu.

http://criticalppp.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/ostrich-head.jpg

I am not being sarcastic. I am serious. One way of following Hinduism is by attacking anything that isn't Hinduism. Even our acharyas would approve.

wundermonk
22 April 2011, 02:03 PM
A person isn't a true Hindu unless he attacks Abrahamic religions (Judaism is exempt for obvious reasons).

I am not being sarcastic. I am serious. One way of following Hinduism is by attacking anything that isn't Hinduism. Even our acharyas would approve.

You've got to be kidding me. Sockpuppet for Astrostudent eh?

Sādhaka
22 April 2011, 02:25 PM
I don't understand what's the attack here. Am I missing something? I'm simply stating my opinion and you're welcome to counter it. That's what the forum is for isn't it?

Sahasranama
22 April 2011, 05:17 PM

I think it would benefit us all if such apa-shabdas as Jesus and Islam could be censured, so that they would appear as ***** on the forum.

rajputistan
23 April 2011, 05:07 AM

No you are wrong. Quran and Vedas are totally different things. Firstly Vedas were composed by the great sages of Ancient India. These sages were not only religious gurus but also great scientists. Vedas tell us about the exact distance between Earth and Sun. But you must have a great knowledge of Sanskrit to understand what is exactly written. I think you must read the book 'Pride of India' book of Samskrit Bharti, this books mentions the scientific heritage of India. I felt soooo much pride in getting the truth, inventions and discoveries on which these foolish Westerners are claiming that they were first to find were almost discovered thousands of years before them by Indians.

On the other hands Quran says- eat 8 dates and then now poison can affect you for a day. Lol would be try this:p

rainycity
23 April 2011, 05:09 AM
I think it would benefit us all if such apa-shabdas as Jesus and Islam could be censured, so that they would appear as ***** on the forum.

if you are so pious and holy why can't you handle even seeing some simple words? what is so blasphemous to you about the names jesus and islam?

Sahasranama
23 April 2011, 07:12 AM
If I was the admin, I would do that just for fun.

sanjaya
23 April 2011, 10:39 AM
Heh, he's been banned. Looks like he aptly named himself Karna.

satay
23 April 2011, 10:41 AM

Same guy that I banned a few days ago. :rolleyes: Shees this guy is not getting the message.

Sādhaka
23 April 2011, 01:00 PM
:laugh:

rajputistan
23 April 2011, 07:05 PM
Same guy that I banned a few days ago. :rolleyes: Shees this guy is not getting the message.

What do you ban username or IP range? Banning IP range is better so that person banned can't return easily.

satay
23 April 2011, 10:06 PM
namaskar,

What do you ban username or IP range? Banning IP range is better so that person banned can't return easily.

Normally, I don't like to ban the IP range because banning a range means accidenly banning people that have never even visited the forum. But in this case, I might have to take that drastic step.

PARAM
24 April 2011, 10:27 AM
namaskar,

Normally, I don't like to ban the IP range because banning a range means accidenly banning people that have never even visited the forum. But in this case, I might have to take that drastic step.

Check again, whom you are banning, I have found myself not allowed in many sites and their reason was the IP address that was not allowed.

If that joker is coming from Pakistan, then Ban IP, otherwise restrain, who know this can even ban Rajputistan.

Sahasranama
24 April 2011, 10:30 AM
Good idea, ban entire pakistan. :)

PARAM
24 April 2011, 10:36 AM

What about Pakistan's minority Hindus ?

satay
24 April 2011, 12:01 PM
namaste,

We should get them to apply for a visa to HDF. It will only be issued under strict conditions. :)

satay
24 April 2011, 12:02 PM
namaste,

If that joker is coming from Pakistan.
No, it's not from pakiland.

charlebs
24 April 2011, 12:25 PM
when the society notices a disturbance a scapegoat is needed

why choose the islam when you can look at christianity.. just a thought ; P

rajputistan
24 April 2011, 06:33 PM
who know this can even ban Rajputistan.

me:confused: why? :cry:

Sādhaka
25 April 2011, 12:54 AM

I hope you are being sarcastic, we shouldn't ban anyone unless he's troll imo. That would make our forum similar to other christian/islamic forums out there. :)

Om

Sādhaka
25 April 2011, 12:59 AM
when the society notices a disturbance a scapegoat is needed

why choose the islam when you can look at christianity.. just a thought ; P
Namaste,

Same about christians, or hindus if they try to do the same. But I somehow find this trend more among Muslims. Christianity has become a lot more passive in these regard because I think they have realized that this move will backfire. I might be wrong though, what do I know.

OM :)

Onkara
25 April 2011, 04:25 AM
Namaste,

Same about christians, or hindus if they try to do the same. But I somehow find this trend more among Muslims.
OM :)

Namasté
For the Muslim and Christian, each soul that turns to God is testimony that God is indeed the way.

If someone believes they have something good and others may not then they may desire to share it. When giving money or food to the poor we may not stop to consider that person's level of education or background when we give, what gives us joy is having helped. All of that is argumentative.

Likewise a Muslim will desire their way no matter what the other person background, be they a Jew, Christian, Hindu, Arab or American.

My scripture teaches that I must even give up, or sacrifice to God, desire itself to come closer to the Lord.

I include in that sacrifice the desire to express my frustrations/joys and the desire to lead others even to God. Why? Because knowing that all is the Lord, it is the play of my mind, the Lord's prakriti, which deludes me to hate or see division in people.

The Holy Lord said:
Action’s inferior by far
To Yoga of Intelligence.
Seek refuge in enlightenment,
Abhor action done from desire. 2.49

When he completely casts away
All the desires of the mind,
His self satisfied by the self,
He is called “of steady wisdom.” 2.55

Without pride, delusion–attachment conquered–
Dwelling in the Supreme Self, without desires,
Freed from the dualities–pleasure and pain–
The undeluded reach that eternal Goal. 15.5

Bhagavad Gita (http://www.atmajyoti.org/gi_bhagavad_gita_intro.asp)

Sādhaka
25 April 2011, 08:28 AM
Namaste Omkara,

Excellent post and totally agree with you :)

OM

charlebs
25 April 2011, 09:44 AM
approaching god is just too difficult. when hurting yourself to demand his attention you may warn yourself that what you do is not fitting. so call your dualistic thoughts a blessing from god.

I really do not need to merge with krishna's\shiva's\devi's infinite form.
or go to brahmaloka, I desire my own personal heaven with all my associates there for as long it is fitting. then I desire to have a mutual hell if we were not the best souls.

I'd desire a spot in the stars to send my own avatars from. who knows, maybe chaitanya became an angel and send himself manyfold to earth. Chaitanya is intelligence, he used both his female and male part of the brain and he warned against women. which is a fair warning. because all women who had interest in me were controlfreaks.
well not all, but many. and they just so happen to be my type to fall in love with.

ShivaIsLord
07 July 2012, 02:00 PM
All these "scientific miracles" in the Qur'an are bogus. People take the translation and mangle it up into something. The original Arabic is not like that. It's very beautiful poetry, but nothing scientific in it. It's one HUGE metaphor.

Spiritualseeker
07 July 2012, 03:35 PM
Namaste,

Yea if muslims want to say the Qur'an speaks of the big bang, then they have to accept the fact of evolution. Hindus can accept this, but a muslim I do not see able to. But there are the Ahmadi sect of Islam that accepts evolution. They also say that Jihad was abrogated now. We wont see the majority of muslims accepting evolution any time soon.

Om Namah Shivaya

Seeker
08 July 2012, 09:51 AM
Namaste Spiritual Seeker,

Hindu scriptures state that creation and destruction are continuous , and they go in cycles. It is more like a process than an event.

Moreover the scriptures also say 'from fullness , fullness came ,and fullness remains unaffected from what came out of it' . This is entirely different from 'God created the universe in six days , and rested on the seventh day (due to the hard work and loss of energy)'.