PDA

View Full Version : Hindu Dharma is incomparable!

rajputistan
23 April 2011, 07:30 PM
I'm very proud that I am a Hindu! We are entirely different society. Our culture and civilization goes beyond 10,000 years. Sanskrit, the most Ancient language is the most scientific one. This proves the involvement of God in creation of Sanskrit.

All the western definitions fail here. We are not a religion, we are dharma. Christians think hell is evil and there man get punishment. But Hindus say hell is to purify our soul, so that we are unaffected by most bad karma of our past life(but yeah, if you repeatedly do some bad karma again and again then you would get punishment in next birth, you may also have to restart the development process from tree to human(millions of yonis :P ).
We built the system of navigation, 98% of discoveries done by Europe but we never used them, I think masters of Sanskrit along with scientists must study Vedas and other Sanskrit scientific scriptures. Our script, Brahmi is the oldest phonetic script though we Indians loved to rote.
Akhand Bharat is from Afghanistan to Philippines and from Tibet and Yunnan to Mauritius. This is akhand bharat.

Proud to be Hindu an Indian.

Edit:
We have the largest pagan system of more than 1000 gods. It is the most widely practiced pagan religion. And also it is the oldest major way of worship(can't use the world religion :P) in the world with oldest Swastika and some idols dating 10000 years. Another thing which make our pagan unique is that we still believe that there is one God and all this pagan is the various forms of him. We are able to see these forms through the power of Aum. How our culture and theory of God is! No civilization was ever anything in comparison to us and would never be.

nitinsharma
24 April 2011, 04:15 AM
I'm very proud that I am a Hindu! We are entirely different society. Our culture and civilization goes beyond 10,000 years. Sanskrit, the most Ancient language is the most scientific one. This proves the involvement of God in creation of Sanskrit.

All the western definitions fail here. We are not a religion, we are dharma. Christians think hell is evil and there man get punishment. But Hindus say hell is to purify our soul, so that we are unaffected by most bad karma of our past life(but yeah, if you repeatedly do some bad karma again and again then you would get punishment in next birth, you may also have to restart the development process from tree to human(millions of yonis :P ).
We built the system of navigation, 98% of discoveries done by Europe but we never used them, I think masters of Sanskrit along with scientists must study Vedas and other Sanskrit scientific scriptures. Our script, Brahmi is the oldest phonetic script though we Indians loved to rote.
Akhand Bharat is from Afghanistan to Philippines and from Tibet and Yunnan to Mauritius. This is akhand bharat.

Proud to be Hindu an Indian.

Too true,but I get the impression that you are either unaware of or somehow forgot about THE PAGANS.

Adhvagat
24 April 2011, 04:03 PM
Jay!

http://veda.wikidot.com/do-you-know

rajputistan
24 April 2011, 05:47 PM
Too true,but I get the impression that you are either unaware of or somehow forgot about THE PAGANS.

Oops! I just forgot to mention that. We have the most unique Pagan system.

sanjaya
24 April 2011, 09:49 PM
Heh, I wouldn't use the word "pagan" to describe us. But otherwise I agree completely. I too am proud of being Indian and Hindu for the same reasons.

nitinsharma
25 April 2011, 01:17 AM
Oops! I just forgot to mention that. We have the most unique Pagan system.

No,you get me wrong.What I meant to say is that,Hindu Dharma while definitely the most unique,it is definitely comparable.This is where the pagans come in.

eriko
25 April 2011, 03:31 AM
Ours is not a Pagan religion...maybe for you...

sunyata07
25 April 2011, 07:26 AM
Namaste,

I agree with Eriko. I wouldn't class the worship of the Devas as the same thing as modern day Paganism, even if they do like to include worship of Shiva, Ganesha and Shakti.

Om namah Shivaya

rajputistan
25 April 2011, 07:48 AM
Namaste,

I agree with Eriko. I wouldn't class the worship of the Devas as the same thing as modern day Paganism, even if they do like to include worship of Shiva, Ganesha and Shakti.

Om namah Shivaya

That's why I have mentioned that we believe there is one God and we can see different forms through the power of Aum.

That's why Hinduism is incomparable.

1. Narka notequals Hell.

2. Swarge notequals Haven.

3.Deva notequals God nor Pagan. As the definition of God(by Christian) is stupid and not scientific.

4. nor Devas means Pagan as Pagan are just personification of natural forces not forms of supreme God.

5. Dharma notequals Religion.

And many more :P

Onkara
25 April 2011, 08:13 AM
There is nothing inherently wrong with paganism, for some people. The conflict of opinion arises because “pagan” is used as an umbrella term to categorise any religion which is not understood or fails to follow one’s own religion which is seen as superior. The word pagan has been used like “Barbarian” was used by the Romans to refer to any foreign people and I feel this is where the difference of opinion lies.

The fact that some devas or deities are not understood is a problem for us and I feel it lies from critiques drawing a conclusion much too soon. From having read scripture in more depth it is evident to me that the deities are often a special way to examine that which operates under its own inertia. This is an acute and logical explanation even c5000 years ago. We find the sun (Sūrya), moon (Chandra), wind (Vāyu) and even our voice (Vāc) appeared to be deities operating under their own will. This too I feel can be understood in perspective, when Sri Krishna indicates that worshipping any deity results in worshiping Him, for even the parts are Him.( e.g. Chapter 7.21 -22 in The Bhagavad Gita).

As for nationalism and a sense of pride, one might keep check as to if "you have ideas or if ideas have you". :)

Sādhaka
25 April 2011, 08:25 AM
Namaste

Why do I get the feeling that either you are completely ignorant or you are not a Hindu. No offense intended, maybe just me.

OM

Onkara
25 April 2011, 08:30 AM
Namaste

Why do I get the feeling that either you are completely ignorant or you are not a Hindu. No offense intended, maybe just me.

OM

Namasté
If you mean me, then no offence is taken. :)

rajputistan
25 April 2011, 05:42 PM
There is nothing inherently wrong with paganism, for some people. The conflict of opinion arises because “pagan” is used as an umbrella term to categorise any religion which is not understood or fails to follow one’s own religion which is seen as superior. The word pagan has been used like “Barbarian” was used by the Romans to refer to any foreign people and I feel this is where the difference of opinion lies.

The fact that some devas or deities are not understood is a problem for us and I feel it lies from critiques drawing a conclusion much too soon. From having read scripture in more depth it is evident to me that the deities are often a special way to examine that which operates under its own inertia. This is an acute and logical explanation even c5000 years ago. We find the sun (Sūrya), moon (Chandra), wind (Vāyu) and even our voice (Vāc) appeared to be deities operating under their own will. This too I feel can be understood in perspective, when Sri Krishna indicates that worshipping any deity results in worshiping Him, for even the parts are Him.( e.g. Chapter 7.21 -22 in The Bhagavad Gita).

As for nationalism and a sense of pride, one might keep check as to if "you have ideas or if ideas have you". :)

See.... The wrong with Pagan is that personification of natural forces are called Pagan gods. But we don't worship just personification but we worship different form of gods.Hindu Dharma.

Ramakrishna
25 April 2011, 11:57 PM
Namaste all,

I'm not exactly sure what you all are trying to say about paganism, but I agree with Onkara. Paganism isn't something that should be looked down upon. It is an umbrella term that can mean a lot of things. But when it comes to the ancient polytheistic religions of Europe (Celtic paganism, Norse paganism, the ancient Roman and Greek religions), that thrived in pre-Christian Europe, there is evidence that these religions were influenced by Sanatana Dharma. This goes in line with the "Out of India Theory", which is a very well-supported and much more reasonable counter to the absurd AIT garbage. This is a subject that I am currently studying more about. I distinguish these ancient religions from modern day paganism because the modern day paganism largely gets absorbed with New Agey, magic, occult, and witchcrafty type stuff, and that is not what the ancient religions were really about.

Again, I'm not sure if this relates to this thread, but I wasn't sure what you all were trying to say about paganism, so I just wanted to make the point that paganism is an umbrella term and it shouldn't be necessarily be looked down upon.

Jai Sri Ram

Sādhaka
26 April 2011, 12:04 AM
Namasté
If you mean me, then no offence is taken. :)
Namaste,

No no, Onkara I meant Rajputistan. His posts somehow gives me a feeling that he's a troll.

OM

nitinsharma
26 April 2011, 03:30 AM
Namaste,

No no, Onkara I meant Rajputistan. His posts somehow gives me a feeling that he's a troll.

OM

?????I think his english has issues,but like I said elsewhere,I think we need more hindus like him.

Okay,regarding Paganism:
I personally think the media has distorted It into something like witchcraft or something like 'gods' in the Trojan War,hence the misconceptions on this thread.Like I mentioned in my 'Namaskar' thread,paganism came earlier for me....then realised what I fool I had been to take hinduism for granted and found its greatness.

(Disclaimer:ALL statements made below are in accordance with (ATLEAST) Norse Mythology.Please do not take my word for anything stated below,do your own homework.Also,this post never suggests that Hinduism is inferior in any way,it just draws out a comparison.)

1)Paganism(or atleast the real pagans) has a kind of obsession with 'Ragnarok'.(Co??)Incidentally this is a so similar to what we call 'pralaya'.Nothing like the armageddon or "Khayamat"-UGGHHH **** we otherwise get.

2)To those who have problems understanding anything regarding the intricate details of the reincarnation,try the pagan version of it....will help you understand why,how etc. etc. unless of course,you are fluent in Sanskrit,because I find the english version lacking(though it could well be a lack of comprehension from my side).

3)The actual GODS are comparable...not forces of nature or something else.Actual dietes and the pantheon is literally a carbon copy with of course,different names.

4)The Pagan version of hell isn't somewhere you wait in line to pay for your sins,but somewhere the soul is purified(rings a bell??).The details given in the Norse version of this are simply beyond.........

5)Valhalla....nufff said....a true Kshatriya will tell you better.

7)The romanticism in Norse Mythology is found nowhere except....you know.Heck this makes the Bible,Quran look like 'a book of rules you must follow' or something along those lines.

8)When we call them Pagans,we might as well call them barbarians.Like the term Hindu,Pagan is a misleading term.They,like us have no name for themselves or the non-believers.No kaffirs,gentiles ****.(btw,what do cutheans call them??)

9)Like Hindus,they have specific boundaries to divide sects like the varnas do.I am not sure on what criteria although someone earlier suggested that Druids=Brahmins(rank wise atleast) and so on......I'll need a little help here please.Also strict on inter-mixing of bloodlines etc.

.........And I can go on and on.The reason why I only quote Norse Mythology is because besides us they are the only 'Heathens(for lack of a better word)' to survive in significant numbers,also at the same time remember who they actually are/were.

Sādhaka
26 April 2011, 07:31 AM
Namaste,

I don't have a problem with his views as such, but it's the way he presents his views that makes me think so. But yeah, as I said, maybe just me.

OM

sunyata07
26 April 2011, 03:04 PM
Namaste,

I don't look down on Paganism in the slightest. I just don't think it can be equated to worship of the Devas. (Vedic Devas, maybe, like Indra, Surya, Chandra, etc.,)

I'm just inclined to think like Ramakrishna and say that New-Age followers who seem more obsessed with the occult and witchcraft have a motley kind of religion (I'm using that term here very loosely), combining any number of deities, tenets and practices from different ancient civilisations that doesn't seem so much eclectic and multivarious as it does confused. I have no doubt the ancients had their own philosophical underpinnings for the worship of these gods and forces of nature, and that these may have been influenced either by each other, or possibly have been brought back from India. It's just that in today's paganistic practices, these ideas seem highly watered down. Symbols and ritual spells seem thrown together from all sorts of background, be they Norse, Celtic, Greek or Egyptian. So, no, I couldn't say I agree that today's Pagans are the same as their ancient forebears. Those ancient religions were sadly crushed into the earth by the Abrahamics, with scant vestiges of wisdom and written instruction left for its descendants.

Om namah Shivaya

rajputistan
27 April 2011, 04:56 AM
Namaste,

I don't have a problem with his views as such, but it's the way he presents his views that makes me think so. But yeah, as I said, maybe just me.

OM

Namaskar Bandhu,
My English is not good. May be because I don't feel proud when I speak English, yes it help me like I'm able to talk with many people.:o

@ Paganism: I don't mean that paganism is inferior, in fact Western paganism was lot more tolerant and better then present day Abrahamic religion. What I mean to say is that Hindu Dharma is not a paganism.

@Ramakrishna: Yes, you would find that old European pagan religions are influenced by Sanatan Dharma as they have migrated from India(Indus Valley) :)

nitinsharma
27 April 2011, 04:57 AM
Namaste,

Those ancient religions were sadly crushed into the earth by the Abrahamics, with scant vestiges of wisdom and written instruction left for its descendants.

Exactly.Crushed isn't the appropriate term though,burned is more like it.

nitinsharma
27 April 2011, 05:01 AM
Namaskar Bandhu,
My English is not good. May be because I don't feel proud when I speak English, yes it help me like I'm able to talk with many people.:o

As if being good in English is something to be proud of.I speak English best and I'm really sore about it.

rajputistan
27 April 2011, 07:44 AM
As if being good in English is something to be proud of.I speak English best and I'm really sore about it.

I fell humiliated when I have to speak English with an Indian. I feel that small weak nation like Vietnam uses it's own language, feel proud in it and it's there main medium of education, where else... Sanskrit is not given any importance, only almost 15000 people know it and 110 million people speak English in India. This pains my heart :mad: and resulted into my dislike of English. I really wanna do something about this current Scenario.

rajputistan
27 April 2011, 07:46 AM

नेस्तानाबुत would be another correct word.

nitinsharma
27 April 2011, 08:45 AM
नेस्तानाबुत would be another correct word.

No clue what that word means.I'm not to fond of hindi either.The commonly spoken hindi has way too urdu in it for my liking.

Kumar_Das
27 April 2011, 05:30 PM
?????I think his english has issues,but like I said elsewhere,I think we need more hindus like him.

Okay,regarding Paganism:
I personally think the media has distorted It into something like witchcraft or something like 'gods' in the Trojan War,hence the misconceptions on this thread.Like I mentioned in my 'Namaskar' thread,paganism came earlier for me....then realised what I fool I had been to take hinduism for granted and found its greatness.

(Disclaimer:ALL statements made below are in accordance with (ATLEAST) Norse Mythology.Please do not take my word for anything stated below,do your own homework.Also,this post never suggests that Hinduism is inferior in any way,it just draws out a comparison.)

1)Paganism(or atleast the real pagans) has a kind of obsession with 'Ragnarok'.(Co??)Incidentally this is a so similar to what we call 'pralaya'.Nothing like the armageddon or "Khayamat"-UGGHHH **** we otherwise get.

2)To those who have problems understanding anything regarding the intricate details of the reincarnation,try the pagan version of it....will help you understand why,how etc. etc. unless of course,you are fluent in Sanskrit,because I find the english version lacking(though it could well be a lack of comprehension from my side).

3)The actual GODS are comparable...not forces of nature or something else.Actual dietes and the pantheon is literally a carbon copy with of course,different names.

4)The Pagan version of hell isn't somewhere you wait in line to pay for your sins,but somewhere the soul is purified(rings a bell??).The details given in the Norse version of this are simply beyond.........

5)Valhalla....nufff said....a true Kshatriya will tell you better.

7)The romanticism in Norse Mythology is found nowhere except....you know.Heck this makes the Bible,Quran look like 'a book of rules you must follow' or something along those lines.

8)When we call them Pagans,we might as well call them barbarians.Like the term Hindu,Pagan is a misleading term.They,like us have no name for themselves or the non-believers.No kaffirs,gentiles ****.(btw,what do cutheans call them??)

9)Like Hindus,they have specific boundaries to divide sects like the varnas do.I am not sure on what criteria although someone earlier suggested that Druids=Brahmins(rank wise atleast) and so on......I'll need a little help here please.Also strict on inter-mixing of bloodlines etc.

.........And I can go on and on.The reason why I only quote Norse Mythology is because besides us they are the only 'Heathens(for lack of a better word)' to survive in significant numbers,also at the same time remember who they actually are/were.

What is happening to this forum?!

rajputistan
27 April 2011, 05:47 PM
No clue what that word means.I'm not to fond of hindi either.The commonly spoken hindi has way too urdu in it for my liking.

Lol. Its any Urdu word for complete destruction.

Kumar_Das
27 April 2011, 05:56 PM
ALLAHU AKBAR! BLESSINGS BE UPON ALLAH! LONG LIVE ALLAH!

Kumar_Das
27 April 2011, 05:58 PM
ISLAM IS INCOMPARABLE! ISLAM IS GREATER TO ALLAH! ALLAH CAN BE COMPARED BUT NOT ISLAM! I PREFER ISLAM OVER ALLAH!

ISLAM UPKEEPS ALLAH!

TAKBIR!

nitinsharma
28 April 2011, 01:56 AM
ISLAM IS INCOMPARABLE! ISLAM IS GREATER TO ALLAH! ALLAH CAN BE COMPARED BUT NOT ISLAM! I PREFER ISLAM OVER ALLAH!

ISLAM UPKEEPS ALLAH!

TAKBIR!

Will someone please ban him???

Ramakrishna
28 April 2011, 02:57 AM
Namaste,

ALLAHU AKBAR! BLESSINGS BE UPON ALLAH! LONG LIVE ALLAH!

ISLAM UPKEEPS ALLAH!

TAKBIR!

Will someone please ban him???

I think he was being sarcastic. Unless he underwent some sort of radical change as of late? :confused:...regardless, I don't think those kind of posts belong here.

nitinsharma
28 April 2011, 03:11 AM
Namaste,

I think he was being sarcastic. Unless he underwent some sort of radical change as of late? :confused:...regardless, I don't think those kind of posts belong here.

Sarcasm is all right,Sacrilege definitely isn't.

Ramakrishna
28 April 2011, 03:45 AM
Namaste,

So, no, I couldn't say I agree that today's Pagans are the same as their ancient forebears. Those ancient religions were sadly crushed into the earth by the Abrahamics, with scant vestiges of wisdom and written instruction left for its descendants.

Very true, but over the last few decades there has been a real and legitimate movement to reconstruct the actual ancient beliefs and practices. Organizations such as Nova Roma and A Druid Fellowship have sprouted up, attempting to revive the ancient religions and some of them have even recognized the Vedic origins of those religions.

Again, I completely agree that there definitely is a differentiation between the neo-pagan movements such as Wicca and the legitimate reconstructionist movements like these. It is heartening to see movements like these with people who have thrown off the bounds of Christianity and embraced their true spiritual roots, with a true desire to revive and reconstruct the actual beliefs and practices of the ancient religions of their ancestors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polytheistic_reconstructionism
http://www.novaroma.org/
http://www.adf.org/core/

Jai Sri Ram

rajputistan
28 April 2011, 04:46 AM

ISLAM UPKEEPS ALLAH!

TAKBIR!

Yeah Islam is incomparable as:
1. There cousin marriages is strongly supported. I think Allah need to study genetics.
2. Allah says that he made women just a toy for men.
3. Muslims are shameless, attacked India 4 times and got a kick on your face each time. OH my allah why didn't you why did you let Pakistan destroyed by foolish kafirs :P
4. Muhammad was did many crimes like looting, rape, etc. King of Saudi Arabia have declared price on his head. So to escape the punishment and to take revenge he spread this disease of yours. :mad:
5. Allah rewards you with haven for evil deeds. Man, what a kind God. He is Devil.

Also, it seems that Muhammad got gypped by a women so he took revenge from them too. Poor Muslim women, they are cursing that selfish woman who cheated Muhammad.

Lol. No other religion can be compared to Islam. Truly so.:mad:

nitinsharma
28 April 2011, 05:34 AM
Anybody has the time,patience to draw a comparison chart for christianity now??:p

satay
28 April 2011, 09:28 AM
Admin Note

Thread under review.