PDA

View Full Version : Prithvi Bhara Mukti

Sahasranama
24 April 2011, 02:16 PM
"To the living we owe respect, but to the dead we owe only the truth."
~Voltaire

It's time Indians opened their eyes.

A huge weight has been lifted of mother earth.

Ganeshprasad
24 April 2011, 03:45 PM
Pranam

Why rub salt for those who are grieving? if we can't respect why hate?

iccha-dvesa-samutthena
dvandva-mohena bharata
sarva-bhutani sammoham
sarge yanti parantapa

O scion of Bharata [Arjuna], O conqueror of the foe, all living entities are born into delusion, overcome by the dualities of desire and hate.bg 7.27

Jai Shree Krishna

Sahasranama
24 April 2011, 04:07 PM
If Adolf Hitler was born in India, I am sure people would be doing puja of him. Proud to be an Indian, above all.

Adhvagat
24 April 2011, 05:59 PM
I've been wanting to discuss all the problematics regarding Sai Baba for some time. But I'm not sure here's the best place considering we have so estimated members that appreciate him and Satay has a strict (but fair and consistent) policy to avoid anti-Hindu discussion.

satay
24 April 2011, 06:23 PM
namaste,
Speaking ill of someone at his death is so un-hindu like. Why say anything if you have nothing good to say about the man that passed away. Isn't that a general rule of courtesy, of being human?

Why speak ill of the person that is dead now and take on his karma?

If you must, post it elsewhere on the net, there are thousands of anti hindu site. Just register at one and start venting. :cool1:

Adhvagat
24 April 2011, 06:37 PM
Hello Satay, why so black and white? :)

I think discussing issues and trying to find out more about a certain personality isn't exactly speaking ill.

In my case it's more about curiosity since great controversies surrounded him.

But as I said, you're the moderator, Sai Baba just passed away, perhaps it's indeed not the best place.

satay
24 April 2011, 06:41 PM
namaste PI,

Hello Satay, why so black and white? :)

Let's say you hear that a certian person dies. Is it not courtesy to at least think of one good thing about that person and not start talking ill about him? I am not talking specifically about sai baba but in general. Let's say you are at a funeral; other people are paying condolences, would you at that time start speaking ill of that person? I don't think so. Don't you agree?

rajputistan
24 April 2011, 06:43 PM
If Adolf Hitler was born in India, I am sure people would be doing puja of him. Proud to be an Indian, above all.

And if he won, he would be called an minor avtar of Vishnu.

About Sai Baba: I don't know if he is just a small Tantrik or Magican as claimed by some. But what I clearly know that he is a reason for development of many villages and treatment of many people. He has popularize Hinduism.

Adhvagat
24 April 2011, 07:27 PM
namaste PI,

Let's say you hear that a certian person dies. Is it not courtesy to at least think of one good thing about that person and not start talking ill about him? I am not talking specifically about sai baba but in general. Let's say you are a funeral; other people are paying condolences, would you at that time start speaking ill of that person? Don't you agree?

You're definitely right.

How selfish of me to think that personal curiosity should come before basic manners.

Om

Sahasranama
25 April 2011, 02:06 AM
namaste PI,
Let's say you hear that a certian person dies. Is it not courtesy to at least think of one good thing about that person and not start talking ill about him? I am not talking specifically about sai baba but in general. Let's say you are at a funeral; other people are paying condolences, would you at that time start speaking ill of that person? I don't think so. Don't you agree?

This has nothing to do with his death, negative posts about Sai Baba have always been removed on the forum.

When Draupadi was being undressed, the assembly was silent. When Bharata Ma is being abused by pseudo-avatars, people are looking the other side.

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/9757/aghoshpublishers2008092.jpg (http://img845.imageshack.us/i/aghoshpublishers2008092.jpg/)

devotee
25 April 2011, 04:28 AM
Namaste Satay,

Thanks for taking a bold and uncompromising posture against such unlike-Hindu traits being shown by some forum members here.

It is disgusting to see such hatred in someone against a man who devoted his life to the service of the million hapless people in India. Controversies surround almost all great personalities. However, the sane mind doesn't goes after rumours spread by vested interests but reacts calmly only after ascertaining the truth behind such rumours. Here, someone gets some newspaper report, some article written by some one for some unknown vestted interests & the person starts jumping itching to tell the juicy story to one and all or to vent his venom to his fullest against that personality.

Who knows Sai Baba in person & claims to know the truth behind all such (fabricated) reports ? Let me also hear.

OM

Eastern Mind
25 April 2011, 06:18 AM
Vannakkam Devotee et al: The topic of gossip came up in our home yesterday. My sister lives in a semi-retired apartment complex for the elderly and poor. Apparently there is a lot of gossip going on there. So the manager of the office sent out this official notice: "People should refrain from gossiping in this building. If you need correct information about people or events here, please come down to the office for it."

Well, at least I found the irony humorous. Having said that, we all do have our opinions and beliefs on such things. Keeping it to oneself, or airing it in public is the choice we have. One has to ask, "What good will it do?" before speaking ill of anyone at all.

Aum namasivaya

sunyata07
25 April 2011, 06:54 AM
Having said that, we all do have our opinions and beliefs on such things. Keeping it to oneself, or airing it in public is the choice we have. One has to ask, "What good will it do?" before speaking ill of anyone at all.

Namaste,

I second EM's suggestion. We are free to believe what we want, but there is no obligation for making it known to everyone on the board. Especially regarding such sensitive topics as the credibility of long-standing spiritual leaders, it's not conducive to the forum and those who participate in it and who regard Sai Baba as their guru. Voice your opinions, but within reason and with respect for others around you, please.

Om namah Shivaya

satay
25 April 2011, 11:05 AM
namaste sahas,

This has nothing to do with his death, negative posts about Sai Baba have always been removed on the forum.

All posts that are against the forum rules are deleted as soon as they come to my attention.

I cannot be associated with such hypocricy. Goodbye all.

You knew and accepted the rules of the site when you joined.
Take Care.

yajvan
25 April 2011, 11:59 AM

hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~
namasté

Why rub salt for those who are grieving? if we can't respect why hate?

Very wise words... Is not life challenging enough without others adding to the burden?

It would be one thing if ~we~ were making-up the rules on this matter. Then one can debate, push and shove as they
see fit with little recourse from others. Yet it is pointed out in the bhāgavad gītā ( chapt 3) that finding fault brings
one deeper into impurity. The renunciation of fault finding comes up at least 3 times in the bhāgavad gītā.

Yet one may say, I do not read the bhāgavad gītā , I do not follow this line of thinking. That is fine, yet you still
are not off the hook for this behavior. Just as one drives through a red light and says I did not know I was suppose
to stop , a ticket is still issued. The principles in the bhāgavad gītā are universal in nature. They are the same found
in the veda, or the āgama-s.

... those who find fault and do not follow my teaching - know them to be deluded about all knowledge,
doomed and senseless. Kṛṣṇa-ji ( chapt 3, 32nd śloka )

Now does that infer vigorous debate (vāda) is not welcomed? This would be a blunder on our part to think so.
The nyāya school considered the school of logic, would never have manifested without debate.
Yet what tends to be disenchanting in my eyes is not so much the one-sided view of things (fallacious
controversy , or frivolous argument ) but that of destructive criticisms ( vitaṇḍā ) with little facts offered.
This boils down to hearsay but is accepted to be true. This is the corner stone of ignorance.

praṇām

Kumar_Das
27 April 2011, 05:50 PM

When Draupadi was being undressed, the assembly was silent. When Bharata Ma is being abused by pseudo-avatars, people are looking the other side. I cannot be associated with such hypocricy. Goodbye all.

Are you really leaving?

Well I for one, I think it would be quite a loss as you're one of the few reasonable people I find here regularly.

Take care of yourself