PDA

View Full Version : Meditation for those with minds like squirrels

Rudy
27 April 2011, 07:08 PM
As you can tell I can't conentrate very well, but I would love to start some form of spirtual practise. Where does this leave me?

The number of differnent types of meditation on the internet are rather overwhellming.

Thanks for any help:)

smaranam
27 April 2011, 08:02 PM
Namaste Rudy

On What [actually Whom] do you intend to meditate ? The answer depends on that.

praNAm

Onkara
27 April 2011, 11:28 PM
Namasté Rudy
Smaranam ji raises a good question (again) :).

My suggestion is to remove mental distraction. Try to keep the practice simple and to the point. We are more likely to make progress that way and return to enjoy it again.

Make a pattern e.g. 20 minutes before going to bed or when the house is quiet. Everything else will come as you need it. My favourite method is "Awareness watching awareness" (instructions are here (http://www.albigen.com/uarelove/awa_instructions.aspx) I also recommend other articles (http://www.albigen.com/uarelove/most_rapid/contents.aspx) on that site).

I wish you a steady focus! :)

kd gupta
27 April 2011, 11:33 PM
Krsn talks of meditation which is different from renunciation and enlightenment leading to abandonment . Also sitting in posture of dhyan is not meditation, but it is like this....
Sarvabhootasthamaatmaanam sarvabhootaani chaatmani;
Eekshate yogayuktaatmaa sarvatra samadarshanah.
With the mind harmonised by Yoga he sees the Self abiding in all beings and all beings
in the Self; he sees the same everywhere...29/6

Here it should be kept in mind that remembering parmatma or focussing to parmatma is bhakti . Bhakti or devotion has been defined of 9 types in sribhagwatam and ramcharitmanas .

Eastern Mind
28 April 2011, 08:01 AM
As you can tell I can't conentrate very well, but I would love to start some form of spirtual practise. Where does this leave me?

The number of differnent types of meditation on the internet are rather overwhellming.

Vannakkam Rudy,

Firstly, there is no need to meditate. Millions of Hindus don't meditate at all. Even those who can often don't. Many try and are just somewhat successful. The basic reason is they are not ready, just as young children are not ready to walk. But that's not a bad thing, its just where we are. All great meditators were once non-meditators.

I don't think it is healthy to be too self critical over this. Personally, I meditate very little. Occasionally in temple or in shrine, I may sit still for a few minutes. Sometimes the stillness can encourage me, but its pretty rare.

How does one ready himself for meditation? The answer (or so I've been told) is through bhakti yoga, and selfless service. The point should be to do SOMETHING. Anything that will help propel you along the path.

Easier things may be japa, or small pujas, or even reflective observation walks. All these things are conducive to developing ourselves religiously.

I think many teachers make the mistake of teaching over the heads of students in general, and meditation teachers (genuine ones might be rarer than we think) are included in this lot.

Aum Namasivaya

c.smith
28 April 2011, 09:12 AM
Hari Om!

Yoga Nidra IMHO is the way to go! It is suggested that it is always done as a guided meditation from what I've read, so a good CD is essential. I use the one by Swami J almost daily. He also has regular guided meditations for 3, 7, 11 and 30 minutes on one CD. Certainly you could try the 3 minute meditation and have some success, eh? There are samples on his site - try it out.

More on Yoga Nidra. You'll find a variety of others, but Swami J takes you through two sets of body relaxation followed by deep breathing exercises, followed by the yog nidra experience in silence. If you don't have time for the full hour, try just one or two of the 5 tracks, especially the deep breathing. His site is at www.swamij.com (http://www.swamij.com)

Another good one that I like because I am a devotee of Lord Siva is Yog Nida by GuruMaa at www.gurumaa.com (http://www.gurumaa.com) - it's only 35 minutes in length and ends with a visualization where you see Lord Siva. It's very powerful, and embarrassingly enough, I've sometimes cried at its conclusion feeling like I have truly taken darshan.

Hope this helps in some small way.

Om Namah Sivaya!

Water
28 April 2011, 09:28 AM

I started with mentally re-living the day. Start with the time you wake up, your interactions at work/school, what you did after work, etc.

Recalling the days events in a peaceful location allows me to re-think the preconceptions I had during some exchanges. For example, if I didn't get something I wanted from someone else - why did I want it? Did I get angry about it? Who is this I to want and be angry?

Sometimes, past events come churning up and again... I ask myself, "Who is this I that deserves what I want? Who is this I to be angry? Who is this I to want?"

Just keep doing that every day until you can recall the days events and not have to ask yourself questions. At that point, your mind should be a little more peaceful and able to concentrate on something specific.

At least, that's my experience. Your mileage may vary. :)

In the "Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda" you can find some guidance on how to start with Karma Yoga and Bhakti Yoga.

SOV
28 April 2011, 12:11 PM
Krsn talks of meditation which is different from renunciation and enlightenment leading to abandonment . Also sitting in posture of dhyan is not meditation, but it is like this....
Sarvabhootasthamaatmaanam sarvabhootaani chaatmani;
Eekshate yogayuktaatmaa sarvatra samadarshanah.
With the mind harmonised by Yoga he sees the Self abiding in all beings and all beings
in the Self; he sees the same everywhere...29/6

Here it should be kept in mind that remembering parmatma or focussing to parmatma is bhakti . Bhakti or devotion has been defined of 9 types in sribhagwatam and ramcharitmanas .

Could you please elaborate on this?
thanks

yajvan
28 April 2011, 02:30 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté Rudy,

I have quite a different point of view from some of the posts I have read above. If you can think you can meditate. You have all the equipment within your own nervous system.
Even if one meditates for health reasons ( as it influences your 1st house in your birth chart) one's health improves. One's mental clarity improves - one makes better choices in foods ( due to ārgala¹ on the 2nd house).

So, if you are suggesting that the mind is like a squirrel going from place-to-place , that is fine - this is where you start.
The mind is connected to the breath. We manage the breath, we manage the mind. Look to techniques that will do this. They are very straight forward and can be done starting from day one.

If meditation were not benefical, it would not be part of yama & niyama.

praṇām

1. ārgala is defined as a bolt, a lock; in jyotish it infers assured ( ~ locked in~) intervention

kd gupta
28 April 2011, 11:41 PM
Could you please elaborate on this?
thanks
pl see
http://www.speakingtree.in/users/a10gv8hyiikgon8lcqj0h510y/blog/20393

Rudy
29 April 2011, 02:22 PM
Smaranam: I dont know what or whom to meditate on.

yajvan
29 April 2011, 06:27 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté Rudy,

I dont know what or whom to meditate on.

It would seem then finding a teacher would be a good place to begin, no?

If you one does not know where they are going, then any road will take you there.

praṇām

kd gupta
29 April 2011, 11:17 PM
namaste
here is the guidance for meditation...
Sankalpaprabhavaan kaamaan styaktwaa sarvaan asheshatah;
Manasaivendriyagraamam viniyamya samantatah.
Yato yato nishcharati manashchanchalamasthiram;
Tatastato niyamyaitad aatmanyeva vasham nayet...24,26/6 gita
Abandoning without reserve all the desires born of Sankalpa, and completely restraining
the whole group of senses by the mind from all sides,
The mind is so diplomatic that it keeps certain desires for its secret
gratification. So one should completely abandon all desires without reservation.
From whatever cause the restless, unsteady mind wanders away, from that let him
restrain it and bring it under the control of the Self alone.
This is applied in worldy duties as...
Evam bahuvidhaa yajnaa vitataa brahmano mukhe;
Karmajaan viddhi taan sarvaan evam jnaatwaa vimokshyase.
Ajnashchaashraddhadhaanashcha samshayaatmaa vinashyati;
Naayam loko’sti na paro na sukham samshayaatmanah...32,40/4 gita
Thus, various kinds of sacrifices[ YAJNAS ] are spread out before Brahman (literally at the mouth or
face of Brahman or VEDAS). Know them all as born of action, and knowing thus, thou shalt be liberated.
The ignorant, the faithless, the doubting self proceeds to destruction; there is neither this
world nor the other nor happiness for the doubting.

smaranam
29 April 2011, 11:37 PM

Fair enough. Let me first say that i am just someone on the internet and you don't have to listen to me. I am not "forcing my views" on anyone - only answering because they asked :) I know you are not saying that Rudy, but just clarifying.

So, who is worthy of our meditation ? NO ONE OTHER THAN GOD Himself. I am sure you will agree with that ? Some will say - no, no, you have to tame the mind, analyze, neti neti - not this not this , which is all fine.

How about this - i am not this not that not sun not moon not body not mind, but guess what - i am not God either ! God is God.

Then who am i ? I am a tiny spec , a part of Him. I belong to Him. The purpose of my existence is to mould my way in accordance with , synchronize my actions, thoughts, ways with His Will. All jivas who have aligned with BhagavAn's desires, are singing in chorus. The off-beat off-tune has to rectify to in-tune in-rhythm with the Almighty - BhagavAn.

To put my false self (false ego) aside, i have to have no [material] desires of my own. Read signs of a "brahma-bhUta" in Gita chapter 2, 12, 18. Equanimity of mind in heat-cold, pleasure-pain, honor-dishonor, favorable-unfavorable circumstance...

So i have to have the right *spiritual desires* to please my Lord.

This starts off with Karma-Yog - nishkAm karma (action with no expectations of results, keeping no expectations from anyone around or Parameshwar - God).

How does this melt into bhakti ? Simple. Everything i do is for Your pleasure not mine, as per Your desire not mine, for Your happiness not mine, to please Your senses not mine.

Easiest - have a picture of BhagvAn - possibly with His consort (pleasure potency) - to offer everything to - my antahkaraN - self/soul/mind/heart - used interchangeably.

Chanting His mantra on beads - right in front of Him - so how can you invite a Guest and go wandering yourself ?
For VishNu it is Tulasi beads (She is His devotee and consort and blesses), with a sentiment of servitorship, surrender, selflessness, desirelessness.

Parellel to this, studying His Words to us - Bhagvad Gita, is a must. HE is telling us what He wants us to do.

Peace will enter the heart. As a side-effect, all one's material designations will vanish - so the realization that oneself and all living beings are of the same nature : MADE OF BRAHMA, MADE OF and BY VASUDEV.

If you do find a mantra suitable, it can be used with the mind-set above, i think the attitude with which we approach Parameshwar, ParamAtmA is important.

***In this age - Kali Yug, the age of squirrel minds, Chaitanya MahaPrabhu recommends Shri KrushNa mahAmantra:

[I]Hare KrushNa Hare KrushNa KrushNa KrushNa Hare Hare
Hare rAm hare rAm rAm rAm hare hare

Meaning of Shri KrushNa mahAmantra:

O KrushNa O Hari O HarA (Radha), please bless me so that i can be of service to You. How may i serve you ? I have been serving my senses. Please be merciful, and help me peel off these layers i have formed over repeated births, with selfish desires. Please make me an empty vessel so i may be Yours without hindrance.

*** CATALYST: Sadhu Sang - association of like-minded sAdhus, devotees.
praNAm

smaranam
30 April 2011, 07:43 AM
Namaste

Somehow i had not seen GuptaJi's post - quite to the point, as i was busy writing my long post.

Another thing i have observed which can be useful:

To make the most of those times during the day when one wants to just sit and do nothing. After the morning shower, at the altar, i just want to sit and do nothing first. Just stay quiet with or stare at MohanA. He stays quiet, patiently, does not say a word as long as you just want to be or revel in His beauty. (Unless He gives a funny smile or makes you laugh first - especially Bal GopAl is fond of doing that).

Same when i have 10 TO-DOs on my list, but would like some quiet time to myself before i begin them.

What i have observed is that the mind goes into irrational irrelevant thought patters till it finally falls off - and i feel lifted up for a few moments - floating sensation to fall back with a "thud." The "thud" is what wakes me up. Then the mind goes back to "what was the last thing that happened ?" It was incoherent thoughts ! Which made NO sense.

So, my conclusion is that incoherent thoughts lead to [momentary] disconnection of/from the mind. Sometimes the body also seems to lose balance - like neck-shoulders falling off. I am sure many will be able to relate to this.

ManMohanA ~ KrushNa Govind MadhusUdanA ~

Rudy
01 May 2011, 06:40 PM
Back to

Namaste Rudy

On What [actually Whom] do you intend to meditate ? The answer depends on that.

praNAm

To be totally honest I've been atracted to Lord Shiva for a little while now (2-3 months). When I am feeling depresed and down I think of Him and how he is watching over me (this cheers me up). This is just the way I feel.

smaranam
05 May 2011, 06:34 AM
To be totally honest I've been atracted to Lord Shiva for a little while now (2-3 months). When I am feeling depresed and down I think of Him and how he is watching over me (this cheers me up). This is just the way I feel.

Namaste Rudy

Nice. So the next best thing i would do is

1. learn about ShivJi, His relationships, His pastimes, His instructions to you, little by little every day

Hear bhajans devotees have composed

- This is SRAVANAM

2. Prayer and communication with Him - MEDITATION - DHYANAM and VANDANAM - prayer.

Also important is to gradually change the way He wants you to i.e. following His instructions. (obviously) (many times in the form of conversation between Him and Devi Parvati)

Meditation on His Form and names will also bring out His exhalted qualities that will reflect in your heart.

e.g. The force of Aakash Ganga was too fierce for Pruthvi devi to handle, so Lord Shiv stepped up to let the waters cascade on His jatA and head first to dampen its pace.

When the nectar and poison were both churned from transcendental library/treasury of the milk-ocean, Lord Shiv held the poison in His throat to protect everyone else from it.

These things tell a lot about Him, and one can immediately ask - what qualities does it highlight (service, selflessness) and how can i apply them, and know my limits too (humility) so as to not immitate the Lord.

3. While these things can be found in purANs like Shiv-PurAN and i think VAyu, Skanda or other PurANs (i am not sure which 6), studying His thousand names - ShivaSahasranAm for instance , will also help one learn about Him quickly.

Hope that helps.

praNAm

Rudy
05 May 2011, 06:28 PM
How do you meditate on His form do you sit and think of an image of Him? Very rudementy question but I have to ask. :o

Thanks for the help :)

Eastern Mind
05 May 2011, 08:02 PM
How do you meditate on His form do you sit and think of an image of Him? Very rudementy question but I have to ask. :o

Thanks for the help :)

Vannakkam Rudy: I use Nataraja ... something like this one http://projectconversion.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/nataraja.jpg

But there are many if you google images of. I can just stare at His image for awhile, and that in itself just draws me inward. Then I try to visualise a circle of light. But that may not work for you. Who knows?

Aum Namasivaya

smaranam
06 May 2011, 02:25 PM
Namaste,

No question is rudementary, it is a skill to know where to start and what to ask.

Image will help, which reflects or radiates qualities - like stillness, stoic calmness, peace etc. Not only that it will help the human mind establish a personal relationship, which is key IMHO.

EasternJi has given some idea, and i am not from the Shaiva sect, but i was thinking of one on these lines:
Lord Shiv Shankar (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-j7uEDGlIJpI/Tau8vGtKJ-I/AAAAAAAACkE/YKjM6ao0TLc/s1600/shiva-mandala.jpg)

Shiv Puran summary - short story form (http://www.dharmakshetra.com/literature/puranas/shiva.html)

Shiva SahasranAma - 1000/1008 names of Shiva
http://www.harekrsna.de/1000Shiva.htm - background info on source, and 1008 names
http://vitalcoaching.com/files/ba1/1000_names_of_shiva.pdf - names with meanings

Please don't be overwhelmed by the 1000 names, they are a short cut to get to know the Lord.

Hope that helps, i don't know...

praNAm

smaranam
06 May 2011, 02:57 PM
P.S. (to post #20) About reading purAN - perhaps not a good idea without guidance or purports.

I think it is nice to develop the art of listening to a purAN - shravaNam, without discarding it as a fable or mere symbolism only.

Ved-PurAN has to be understood on 3 levels

- adhibhautik - physical - if applicable
- adhidaivik - divine level, in the sphere of Devas , Supreme Lord
- adhyAtmik - spiritual level relating to AtmA, internal microcosm

and "Adhiyadnik" - from yadnya POV (sacrifice and Vedic rituals) - don't know much about this.

For instance,
1. "Because the champaka flower plant lied and as a result there was sorrow and destruction, Narad Muni cursed the Champak Flower that Shiva will not be pleased if anyone offers it to Him" (prior to this , Bholenath ShivJi was pleased by the evilest souls if they offered Him Champak flowers)

Purport: The loopholes have to be fixed so that evil does not get away with anything just because Bholenath is Bholenath and the same to all. So many times has Lord VishNu sent Narad Muni on such fixing missions - NArAyaN NArAyaN. Narad Muni is an incarnation and pure devotee - why is it so hard to believe that he can change the rule about champak flowers ?

2. "As soon as Kandarpa entered the place where Shiva was meditating, the place turned from winter to spring - and flowers bloomed , bees chirped..."

Kandarp is KAmdev, and His energy of Love made flowers bloom. OR Because he governs kAma, the element of kAma can make one look thru' rosy glasses and see what is not.

One lesson is : The positive energy that flows from Love, bhAvanA, is a part of the Sat-chit-Anand, and propels sentient phenomena, creates positive harmony around us.
ON THE OTHER HAND, no point in staying in illusion and wishful thinking and thus let Truth be covered.

Moreover, Human siddha yogis can do these things so why not Kamadev ?
And who says it happened within a few moments as we measure on earth ? If it did why not ? Who are we to suggest the Lord does not have nature in His hands to do what He wants with it ?

Jai Bholenath
Jai Shri KrushNa
praNAm

smaranam
06 May 2011, 05:01 PM
Another website on Shiva - Nama, Stotra and mantra (http://mahayogi.net/1008names_us.html)
The "About Shiva" link on the left explains all symbols of Shiva.

Namaste

Eastern Mind
06 May 2011, 06:03 PM
No question is rudementary, it is a skill to know where to start and what to ask.

Vannakkam: Or is that Rudymentary? Sorry ... couldn't resist.

@Smaranam: I really admire your posts, non-confrontational, yet Vaishnava to the core. You exemplify a spirit of Hindu Solidarity.

Aum Namasivaya

smaranam
06 May 2011, 10:51 PM
praNAm, i take these words as a blessing.

Rudy
07 May 2011, 11:26 AM
Thank you for the replies. :)

I tried meditating on Shiva last night... It's kind of like exersicing your spiritual muscles (right now I'm more of a Chihuahua than a pit bull). What I tried for a image was (can I say this?) Shiva meditating in front of me.

As for you EM: Can't live with puns BUT you CAN live whithout them:D

I look forward to actually practicing rather than just reading finnally.

NayaSurya
17 May 2011, 12:22 PM
A little birdy brings me to here today, the previous posts have been so wonderful and I hope to honor them by continuing in good direction.

Meditation can be done in many activities that we do, it's true. Crocheting and typing are my two favorite situations. Rewriting something I know...working on keys only, brings me to a very good place. It's not the fullness of a more profound sort though and so this is what I hope to talk about.

Your body, is the vessel that your portion of Divine energy is sheltered within. This situation is much like a stiff glove.

Think of how difficult it is to take your hand out of a tight fitting driver's glove if your hand is completely clenched.

Our portion "clenches" onto this vessel to control it. We hang onto every corner. So first we have to begin to unclench it.

Just as a relaxed hand will gently glide out of that tight driving glove...your soul will pour out of the vessel.

There are many MP3 to help you get to this place, and it only takes five minutes of relaxing to really unplug from this machine you move around in.

Do not worry about breathing, your body was divinely made to have the breath automatically continue. Think about that a moment as you relax and reassure yourself that it's okay to let go of this and leave it to the machine.

Now that your "hand" is completely relaxed you can very easily withdrawl from the "glove".

Once the base portion of the machine is out of the way, the mind...our connection to the processor must be taken down. This is done by focusing on simply one thing.

For me, this is Shiva, and often, Shyam...sometimes, simply OM.

Don't be discourage if other things seem to pop up from time to time. Address them and move back to center...to that one special thing.

It is said that when the mind focus on one thing....that it overloads and thinks of nothing. Just as if you smell too many lilacs, your nose will no longer register the scent.

It is very true.

...and when in this place...you are now free.

This squirrel has found this above very helpful in my rounds of meditation and sincerely hope it also was helpful to others.<3

AmIHindu
18 May 2011, 10:47 AM
Namaste,

here is very good website given by Smaranam. Check if that helps you.

Another website on Shiva - Nama, Stotra and mantra (http://mahayogi.net/1008names_us.html)
The "About Shiva" link on the left explains all symbols of Shiva.

Namaste

Namaste.

AmIHindu ??

Rudy
18 May 2011, 02:41 PM
Iforgot to thank you for the link Smaranam. The 1008 names are kind of like a blurry eyed glimse at the shadow of Shiva (even that is an exageration).

Thanks for all the help:)

AmIHindu
18 May 2011, 03:19 PM
Namaste Rudy,

My last reply to your posting for meditation was a mistake. I wanted to post it to other thread - http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?p=64957#post64957 -

Apologies for inconvenience.

AmIHindu ??

Rudy
20 May 2011, 07:07 AM
It was of no inconvenience AmIHindu :)

smaranam
20 May 2011, 02:29 PM
Iforgot to thank you for the link Smaranam. The 1008 names are kind of like a blurry eyed glimse at the shadow of Shiva (even that is an exageration).

Thanks for all the help:)

You are very welcome Rudy, but you had already thanked me and everyone else on this thread several times :)

I also like the concept of 1008 names very much - such a beautiful way to glorify the Lord - despite being only a blurry-eyed glimpse, a molecule at the tip of the iceberg and so on.

praNAm

arjunah
24 May 2011, 02:46 PM
I also have a mind like a squirrel as you put it.

I read somewhere that we should work on controlling our Prana and that will lead to a more calm mind.

Maybe you could try deep breathing exercises. I try to do these four times a day but it is quite difficult to keep up! Someday I will be earnest enough!

From The Shiva Samhita

In a beautiful hermitage the yogi should sit on a seat in Padmasana and practice breath exercises.

His body straight and his palms together, the wise yogi should pay homeage to his guru and then Ganesha on the right side and Kshetrapala and Ambika on the left.

Then the wise yogi should block Pingala with his right thumb, inhale through Ida, and hold his breath for as long as he can.

Then he should exhale through Pingala--gently, not quickly--before inhaling through Pingala and holding his breath for as long as he can.

He should exahle through Ida--gently, not quickly. Using this method of Yoga he should do twenty kumbhakas.

--

From reading online I do not normally hold my breath for very long. Just try to stabilize and control my breath.

Jainarayan
06 June 2011, 08:24 PM
Easier things may be japa, or small pujas, or even reflective observation walks. All these things are conducive to developing ourselves religiously.

Namaste EM.

Again, you've given me a good idea, though I'm late to the conversation.

I bought a mala. I don't know what the wood is, but it's 108 beads. I am thinking that maybe I could take one of those walks, either at lunch time or in the evening, with the mala and do japa. Also, I don't see why I couldn't seat myself in front of my shrine and do japa when I can't get out or when I have quiet time. That would be far better than wasting time watching tv or on the internet (except of course when I'm learning).

issacnewton
07 June 2011, 07:52 AM
Hi Rudy

I had practiced Gayatri Jap for about 2 years in Vaikhari Vani (speech where
other people can hear jap). For some reasons I didn't feel any benefits.
I also have problem concentrating. Recently I have taken Omkar Jap. I do
that 30 in the morning and 30 in the evening. Between two omkars, I rest for
3 breaths, so its pretty slow. But I do feel calmness after this. Also I practice
anuloma-viloma pranayama as taught by Swami Ramdev. Its also helping me
generally. This pranayam as taught by Swami, is miraculous in treating many
health problems. On Aastha TV channel in India, where every morning his
program is telecast , people tell about being cured of many rare diseases. I didn't believe first. But seeing the transformation happening in me and my relatives, I now believe those stories. People tell stories of being cured
of various kinds of cancers, and other medical disorders. Of course allopathic
medical establishment in India make fun of Swami. But I think he is right.
Many Hindu Swamis go outside India chasing dollars. Indians don't benefit
from them. But Swami Ramdev has toured entire India, distant villages to spread the yoga shastra. He could have gone to West for fame and money.
Its another matter that he has earned ten times of that in India. But most important is that he has caused yoga revolution in India. No hindu swami
till now did that.

So my suggestion for your problem is practice anuloma-viloma pranayam
as taught by Swami Ramdev and do about 30-40 omkar, slowly.

While practising this pranayam, if one of your nostril is blocked , use
yoga danda as suggested here

http://www.swarayoga.org/SwaraChange.htm

Om

peanutbutter
09 June 2011, 03:11 AM
Hello! I have been practicing meditation only very recently and I wish to say that like Rudy, I have a little bit of trouble practicing mindfulness meditation as my mind seems to keep wandering about. I already raised this concern with my coach and she says that it truly is normal for those beginning meditation to have their minds wander, what's important is that they try to gain their focus back. I want to understand now how different is the Buddhist mindfulness meditation from the Hindu meditation? Does Hindu have different forms meditation like Buddhism does? (I do not wish to offend anyone by my ignorance) I hope someone is kind enough to enlighten me. Thank you very much!