PDA

View Full Version : Namaskara!

Harinama
29 April 2011, 05:45 PM
I joined the forum years ago, but I don't think I can find my name anywhere anymore, but I remember my last post regarding the changing of one's name... I'm sure this stretches far back as 2007 or even before... and I experienced a whirlwind of spiritual travelling...

In any case, here I am once again!

I'm a Filipino-Canadian living in Vancouver, BC. I am 22 years old, and although having born Christian, I am exploring and re-exploring my identity as a Vaishnava.

I got involved in Gaudiya Vaishnavism since October 2007 to December 2010 via SCS Math and ISKCON, and since then I've been reassessing my beliefs.

Once I make a decision and see that Sanatana Dharma is true, I will change my name legally into the spiritual name I have chosen.

I am currently exploring Ekasharana Dharma / Mahapurushiya Dharma / Neo-Vaishnavism, by Srimanta Shankaradeva. If anyone has more information, please don't hesitate to give me some links! :D

Hari Om!

Eastern Mind
29 April 2011, 08:05 PM
Vannakkam Harinama: So have you been able to attend any of the temples in Vancouver? There are several now.

Aum Namasivaya

Harinama
29 April 2011, 11:21 PM
Vannakkam Harinama: So have you been able to attend any of the temples in Vancouver? There are several now.

Aum Namasivaya

Hari Om!

I did make the ISKCON Vancouver temple my home for three years... but I have visited the Mahalakshmi temple (beautiful feeling there), the VHP temple, although it seemed more political there...

There is a Kali temple close to my city here, and also the Vedic Cultural Centre in Richmond. I have also heard that there was a small Ganesha temple somewhere, and a Shiva temple... I haven't been to these temples yet.

It would be nice to find other Vaishnava groups and associations here though!

Ramakrishna
29 April 2011, 11:22 PM
Namaste Harinama,

Welcome again.

Jai Sri Ram

Eastern Mind
30 April 2011, 06:57 AM
Hari Om!

I did make the ISKCON Vancouver temple my home for three years... but I have visited the Mahalakshmi temple (beautiful feeling there), the VHP temple, although it seemed more political there...

There is a Kali temple close to my city here, and also the Vedic Cultural Centre in Richmond. I have also heard that there was a small Ganesha temple somewhere, and a Shiva temple... I haven't been to these temples yet.

It would be nice to find other Vaishnava groups and associations here though!

Vannakkam: I think you pretty much have found them all then. There is one more out in Abbotsford, and I know of 3 Saiva ones, but you're probably not interested in them as much as you seem to have chosen Vaishnavism. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I can send you the details of locales.

Aum Namasivaya

sunyata07
30 April 2011, 07:41 AM
Namaste Harinama,

Welcome (back) to the forum.

Om namah Shivaya

Radhika12
30 April 2011, 08:01 AM
I'm also new to this forum.My name is Radhika.I saw very interesting article in this site.

Water
30 April 2011, 01:38 PM
I'm also new to this forum.My name is Radhika.I saw very interesting article in this site.

Well, make a new thread to introduce yourself and let us know what was so interesting! :)

And there is some "moderation lag" on your first ten posts...

sunyata07
01 May 2011, 06:37 AM
Namaste Radhika,

Welcome to the forum. What article were you reading that you found so interesting?

Om namah Shivaya

Harinama
06 May 2011, 12:44 PM

I love your little advertisements on your signature... :rolleyes: