PDA

View Full Version : It's complete!

Eastern Mind
02 May 2011, 08:14 PM
Vannakkam: The transition to total Indian culture in my community is over. This is a multi-faith, ethnically rich area of town. Tonight on a walk around the block my wife saw a group of kids playing street CRICKET! What used to be a street reserved for hockey has been taken over. I am so proud to be Canadian. What's next? Hindu shrines on every corner?

Aum Namasivaya

devotee
02 May 2011, 08:53 PM
Congrats, EM ! If I ever come to Canada, I would surely visit your town. :)

OM

Ramakrishna
02 May 2011, 11:58 PM
Namaste Eastern Mindji,

That's great to hear. I will also visit your town when I go up to Canada. I personally live in one of the most backwards areas of the US, so it will be awhile before something like this happens where I live.

Jai Sri Ram

Harinama
03 May 2011, 12:50 AM
In my home town, there are alot of Indian and Pakistani people, so I remember walking by the local mosque and seeing some of the Muslim children playing cricket as well, lol.

Of course, in Canada, with a large Indian diaspora after Britain, it's not that uncommon these days. :D

Eastern Mind
03 May 2011, 07:09 AM
Vannakkam: Soon it'll be ice cricket.

Aum Namasivaya

PARAM
03 May 2011, 12:05 PM
I would like to visit your town if I go to Canada
Dharma is rising in Patal Again.

Eastern Mind
03 May 2011, 12:56 PM
Vannakkam: This is funny. I will never understand Cricket. Maybe these young kids on the street can teach me. Even then I have serious doubts. I just hope they have enough control not to break a window with some majestic swing of that ridiculous looking flat fat bat. :)

When I first posted this, it was part irony, you know guys. Cricket will never replace God, but I do understand the fanaticism. Here it is more natural for hockey. For example I heard of 3 hockey nuts driving from here to Dallas (google map it) (Edmonton to Dallas, 3209 km) immediately after the 6th game of a best of 7 in Edmonton that allowed for the 7th game. They left right after the game on a Saturday, and made it there for the beginning of the Monday night game with a half hour to spare. Apparently some wives weren't all that impressed.

Now if we'd only go such long distances to see God.:) Well .... come to think of it...

Aum Namasivaya

Harinama
04 May 2011, 08:25 AM
I just assumed that God likes wrestling...

I see God as the Supreme Wrestler anyways... :D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd17/Karnamrita/Krishnawrestleswithfighters.jpg