PDA

View Full Version : akshay tritiya

Ganeshprasad
06 May 2011, 04:44 AM
Pranam

Today is Akha trij, commonly known in Gujarat, day where there is no need to consult an astrologer, everything is Auspicious to embark on any venture.

From my Panchang.
Akshaya Tritiya, variously spelt as Akshya Thiritiya, Akshaya Trutheeya, Akshaya Tritiiya and also called Akshaya Trithi, falling on the third day of the bright half of the lunar month of Vaisakha of the traditional Hindu calendar, is one of the four most auspicious days of the year for Hindus. Akshaya Tritiya is also known as "Akha Teej". The birthday of Parasurama, the sixth incarnation of Vishnu falls on this day. The 'Dharmasindhu' mentions this is the adi tithi of satayuga. The word Akshaya, a Sanskrit word, literally means one that never diminishes, and the day is believed to bring good luck and success. Akshaya Tritiya is observed when tritiya prevails more before the noon.

Jai Shree Krishna

Believer
06 May 2011, 11:18 AM
Good post. Thanks.

It would be helpful to know how to observe this day, in terms of special pujas to be performed, fasting (?), best time of the day to perform the puja (if any) and other traditions involved with this auspicious day. Also informing the forum members about future holy days, a day or two in advance would prepare them to plan for the observance.

Ganeshprasad
06 May 2011, 12:11 PM
Pranam

As far as i know this day is very auspicious day, there's no in auspiciousness to be found today, so even checking muhurthas is considered unnecessary, so auspicious it is.
Whatever one does like puja, Japa,fasting etc the benefit is many more times over.

Generally i have noticed at least amongst Gujarati that many wedding takes place since there is no muhurat to consider.

there is a tradition off buying Gold on this day.

I take your point aboard off early information.

Jai Shree Krishna

PARAM
09 May 2011, 11:00 AM
Akshay Tritiya is not Parshuram Jayanti

Kalki Bhagwan's work will be over on Akshay Tritiya, it is mark of Satyug Begins, so it have Akshy results

Ganeshprasad
09 May 2011, 12:11 PM
Pranam

i am not entirely sure about the Birth of ParsuRam
i got the information from my Pachang that i follow

http://www.mypanchang.com/akshaya-tritiya.php

incidentally i also have a calendar at home which stated his Birth to be a day prior, other than that i have no other information, if you or anyone can share the correct information, it would be appreciated.

Jai Shree Krishna

yajvan
09 May 2011, 01:39 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

More on this 6th day of May, from a jyotish point of view if there is interest:

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3957

praṇām

PARAM
10 May 2011, 11:01 AM
=========