PDA

View Full Version : Namaste All

Agnideva
18 December 2006, 09:37 AM
Namaste everyone,

I am Agnideva. Satay invited me to this forum a while ago, and I’ve been here a while reading the posts, just haven’t had too much time to post myself. I am a follower of monistic-theistic Shaiva Siddhanta, but I enjoy learning about all branches of Sanatana Dharma. Looking forward to some great discussions with you all in this forum :).

OM Shanti,
A.

satay
18 December 2006, 12:27 PM
AgniDeva pranamas to you!

I love your posts on the other forum and you do a great job at articulating sanatana dharma to new adherents. This is one of the reasons I invited you over here hoping that you might find some time and share your knowledge with all of us.

Please share your knowledge with us as your time permits...

Jai Shiv Shankar!

Agnideva
18 December 2006, 03:18 PM
Satay, pranāms to you as well!

Dhanyavād for all the kind words :). I will definitely try to post here as often as I can. BTW, I think you’re doing a great job with this forum. Kudos to you! ;)

Regards,
A.

satay
19 December 2006, 11:50 AM
Satay, pranāms to you as well!
BTW, I think you’re doing a great job with this forum. Kudos to you! ;)[/FONT]

Regards,
A.

Thank you for the kind words, however, I am not so sure that I agree. I always feel that I am not doing enough and not spending enough time to improve the site to make this a pleasant place for all hindus to have dharmic discussions. There are many plans on my list but due to other commitments, none has been initiated yet.

I know that there are many thousands of forums on the net dedicated to hindu discussions and by no means our forum is in competition with them. However, it would be nice to have this forum as one of the favourites that people would like to visit often if not everyday.

Though hindus are all united by the basic principles of dharmic life there are too many superficial things and practices that divide us in some areas so much so that other religions seem closer to some of our sects than our own! This confuses the new adherents (myself included) as well as those born in hindu families but outside of Bharta. If our forum could help at least one such person in any way, then for me personally the mission of the forum would be successful.

We have a long way to go but with everyone's kind support we might just might get there...