PDA

View Full Version : Anga-Nyasa & Karanyasa

OmManePedmeHung
17 May 2011, 07:00 AM
Hi there.
I have noticed a certain contradiction between the way to practice anga-nyasa and Karanyasa,first,from the Mahanirvana Tantra and from popular common hindu knowledge.
Everybody seems to when attributing the mantras on the upper body(heart,head,ayes...) they pronounce the name of the place and the mantra attributed,for the heart for instance : Om Hridayaya Namah and so on,the same when focusing on the fingers.

But the way described in the Mahanirvana Tantra is differnent is simply states that each word of the mantra Om,Sat,Chit,Ekam,Brahma should be followed by Namah,Svaha,Vashat,Hung,Vaushat.(Chapter 3.from 39 to 42)

I would like to clear this confusion please.
Thanks.

Rudra Sadhaka
03 July 2011, 09:03 PM
Namaste,

Apparent contradiction is from the fact that chapter III, where there is the revelation of Brahman Mantra and its Nyasa is a special chapter in MahaNirvana Tantra. Chapter IV deals with the reasons to worship Shakti and Her identity with Brahman so if you check Nyasas revealed in Chapter IV and VI you will see that apparent contradiction is not there.

Rudra Sadhaka

OmManePedmeHung
15 September 2011, 01:29 PM
Thanks so much.
So the anga-nyasa for the mantra in chapter III (ong satchitekam brahma) is in this order :
Om namaha : heart
Sat svaha : forehead
Chit vashat : crown lock
Ekam hung : shoulders
Brahma vaushat: the three eyes
Ong satchitekam brahma phat: the palms

Due to the fact that every mantra has it's own attribution to the bodily parts in nyasa ,i was wondering if there is a method to know the specific order of the mantra,as i noticed in anga-nyasa(6 bodily parts) it's always the same order.am i right?
Thank you so much for this.