PDA

View Full Version : Do Vishnu & Lakshmi have children?

LittleLight
20 May 2011, 11:09 PM
Shiva & Parvati have 2 sons (ganesh & Skanda) and I think in Bengal there is a tradition that Lakshmi & Sarasvati are their daughters.
But I never heard about Vishnu & Lakshmii having a child...

Eastern Mind
21 May 2011, 06:46 AM
Vannakkam LL: Gods don't really have sons and daughters. its symbolic or metaphorical.

Aum Namasivaya

iksvakave
22 May 2011, 04:40 AM
I do believe vishnu and laskhmi have kids.
I believe we are their "little lights."

What do I know though ---- nothing.

Iksvakave

iksvakave
22 May 2011, 09:22 AM
I believe we are their "little lights."

Iksvakave

LittleLight
22 May 2011, 05:11 PM
But what I mean are children like Shiva & Parvati have children.
In mythology Shiva is a rather wild god, and so is Parvati who has forms such as Durga and Kali.
In contrast, Vishnu and Lakshmi are king and queen, they do not live on cremation grounds or in the himalayas.
Nevertheless - Shiva & Parvati have children, Vishnu & Lakshmi have none.
This is strange and I would like to know why this is so.

codedlives
24 May 2011, 12:22 AM
But what I mean are children like Shiva & Parvati have children.
In mythology Shiva is a rather wild god, and so is Parvati who has forms such as Durga and Kali.
In contrast, Vishnu and Lakshmi are king and queen, they do not live on cremation grounds or in the himalayas.
Nevertheless - Shiva & Parvati have children, Vishnu & Lakshmi have none.
This is strange and I would like to know why this is so.

mate i have heard bout a upcoming book called '7 Secrets of Vishnu' by devdutt patnaik
he is a good writer and i remember him mentioning Swami's children..i think u should visit his blog and wait for this book

Om namo venkatesaya

smaranam
24 May 2011, 09:17 PM
But I never heard about Vishnu & Lakshmii having a child...

Namaste,

Kandarpa, i.e. kAmadev is the son of Shri VishNu and Lakshmi. In the Shri KrushNa LIlA of DvApar Yug he was KrushNa and RukmiNi's son Pradyumna.

Now, out of the Chaturvyuha - vAsudev saNkarshaN pradyumna aniruddha, He is pradyumna. vAsudev = krushNa , saNkarshaN = balrAm. Aniruddha participated in dvApar lIlA as KrushNa's grandson, son of Pradyumna.

The Chaturvyuha (chatur means four), are the four forms of VishNu each holding shankha - conch, chakra - discus, gadA - mace, padma - Lotus in various permutations (left upper hand , right lower hand etc.) This particular sequence belongs to vAsudev-krushNa.

This is all found in the BhAgvat.

That being said, each and every living entity is the child of Shri VishNu and Lakshmi.

Om Namo Bhagavate VAsudevAya

praNAm