PDA

View Full Version : What would Krishna Say About:

WTyler
22 May 2011, 08:31 PM
Hello,

I am trying to familiarize myself more with Sri Krishna. Though, I am wondering what Krishna would say on a few topics..

How should I meditate?

The easiest way to find God (liberation)?

What would Krishna say about my individual personality, my interests?

Would he want me to leave my family and friends? Give up my material possessions?

How to be truly happy?

Other religions? Such as the Christian or Islamic faith?

What would Krishna say about the presence of evil? Why it exists?

Thank you so much. I am simply trying to become closer with Krishna-ji.

Adhvagat
22 May 2011, 10:50 PM
Other religions? Such as the Christian or Islamic faith?

What would Krishna say about the presence of evil? Why it exists?

Thank you so much. I am simply trying to become closer with Krishna-ji.

I personally consider other religions, specially the abrahamic monotheistic ones, to be products of Kali yuga, aside from not being conductive to envinronmental health of the world, since they view the world, flora and fauna as god given rights to mankind, it's also not conductive to peace on the inter-religious, inter-national level. And that's pretty much what abrahamism has caused in the world since then, wars, conversions, killing.

Some may argue, but that's not what Jesus said, not what X or Y said... But if that's not what they said or originally preached (another problem here, since parampara - discipular sucession - was not maintained) things got lost and misappropriated by Kali yuga ruthless rulers.

So I, a non-Indian, non-born Hindu, consider Sanatana Dharma, in all its implications, all its tenets of a life focused on sattva, on spiritual living and philosophical clarity, all its symbolic richness of spirituality, the best possible path.

Some may say: Different streams, all is water. However, in these dark times some streams are tainted, contaminated. If we look at the past, what do we see about the abrahamic faiths? It doesn't look good to me.

Presence of evil. Evil towards what? Starving childs? Someone killed by a psychopath? Someone tortured by a malefic person?

I asked about this some time back in this thread (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=6472), I hope it's of use to you.

We need to understand karma, but we also need to understand how to uphold a living that is spiritually uplifting to all, so these words (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60073&postcount=4) may be of use to you as well.

Om

R Gitananda
04 September 2011, 01:16 AM
Namaste

"What would Krishna say about ...?" is not a subject that I think we should speculate about.
He spoke very clearly on the subjects that he felt it was important for him to speak upon.
So I think you should approach his teachings - the Bhagavad Gita and study it and then
ask questions about specific slokas that are not clear to you. Even then you will encounter
differences of opinion about how his teachings on meditation and liberation should be understood.

Your "individual personality" and "interests" will gradually change as you go through an
incremental purification process. The Gita clearly instructs us on how to do this.

"Other religions?" I believe you should judge them by what they say about him.
The religions you referenced were presumably not extant during the time he spoke the
Bhagavad Gita. So determine what they say about Sri Krushna-ji and judge them
accordingly (internally).

Your other questions can all be answered by studying that sacred song.
There you will quickly find the answers and gain the blessing for doing so.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ya400zk2lht

I also recommend that you study Sanskrit to give yourself greater insight into the Gita.
Introduction to Sanskrit, Part 1 (http://www.amazon.com/Introduction-Sanskrit-Part-Thomas-Egenes/dp/8120811402) by Thomas Egenes

"And he who shall study this sacred discourse of ours,
by him I shall be worshiped with the sacrifice of knowledge." BG 18:70

Aum Shanti