PDA

View Full Version : Namaste. I am new

Hope4peace
26 May 2011, 04:10 PM
I have joined this forum as I am interested to learn about Hinduism. I am white British living in England and know very little about Sanatana Dharma except Ganesh came to me when I was having a very difficult time and lead me to a new life.I didn't even know what the image was and had to make enquiries to find out. I am very keen to know more from people who are genuine believers. I am thankful to find this web site.:)

Obelisk
28 May 2011, 02:46 AM
Welcome, Hope4peace. I hope you find the discussions here enriching and useful. :)

Mana
28 May 2011, 05:02 AM
Pleased to meet you Hope4peace.
I am also new here, so much exploration and work to do. I hear that Lord Ganesh can clear a great path for you!

Iain

Eastern Mind
28 May 2011, 06:43 AM
I have joined this forum as I am interested to learn about Hinduism. I am white British living in England and know very little about Sanatana Dharma except Ganesh came to me when I was having a very difficult time and lead me to a new life.I didn't even know what the image was and had to make enquiries to find out. I am very keen to know more from people who are genuine believers. I am thankful to find this web site.:)

Vannakkam: Yes that would be Ganesha's way. Its also the more 'proper' way if I may offer a more mystical view. It proves God is real and there to help. Others I have known say, "Ganesha found me' as well. This God of Dharma will guide you with his noose and goad, IF you are willing to let Him. The noose symbolises how he can hold you back from adharma, and the goad is a bit of a prod when you need a slight kick (boost of confidence, battery recharging) to get going. I'm lucky enough to live near a Ganesha temple, and over the years, at leat think and believe we have a personal relationship, somewhat like the very wise brother.

Ganesha sits on the muladhara chakra, which is the entry point to higher areas of consciousness.

Best wishes on the path,

Aum Namasivaya

c.smith
28 May 2011, 08:30 AM
Hari Om and Welcome!

charitra
28 May 2011, 02:22 PM
welcome hope, namaste

Hope4peace
28 May 2011, 03:09 PM
Thank you all so much for making me welcome. A few years ago now I came back from the dead, had to really fight for my life, followed by a long time in hospital and a year to recover. I had a lot of other challenges to face at the same time.One evening when I was at my lowest ebb I was walking past an old hall and much to my surprise saw prayer flags where I had never seen them before. I went in to the hall and there was someone from Nepal having a sale. I was guided to 3 things VERY strongly and I listened & bought all 3 (I am not into shopping at all) a garnet ring, a big floor cushion (which I only found out later was a prayer cushion with a mandala on) and a brass necklace so dull that there was no symbol visable. I wore the ring and neclace constantly from that moment. I polished the brass necklace later and an image appeared which I later found out was called Ganesha! Things started to change including one night when I could not sleep and worrying about whether to move 100's of miles away I got a message with all the answers. I got up then & packed 2 bags & left with my son. The rest is history. Have you heard of this happening before with Ganesha?I have learned since about him being the Remover of obstacles. etc.

sunyata07
30 May 2011, 08:34 AM
Welcome Hope4peace,

Glad to have you with us here on HDF. Anyone who wishes to learn more about Sanatana Dharma is always welcome here. EM has said it all. You are among a great number on this board who found help and meaning in spirituality through the grace of Ganesha. I, too, am a Westerner who previously had not even the remotest connection to Hinduism, until Ganesha came into my life and awakened me from spiritual stagnation. Your story about finding Ganesha on that necklace is not a coincidence. He really does play an active part in the lives of those who need Him. He has done so much for me in the last year alone that I swore to myself never to doubt God's concern and love for me and His other children. There are many posts dedicated to Ganesha on HDF. If you have some time to spare, I'd recommend checking them out sometime. :)

Namaste,

Om namah Shivaya

Eastern Mind
30 May 2011, 01:24 PM
Thank you all so much for making me welcome. A few years ago now I came back from the dead, had to really fight for my life, followed by a long time in hospital and a year to recover. I had a lot of other challenges to face at the same time.One evening when I was at my lowest ebb I was walking past an old hall and much to my surprise saw prayer flags where I had never seen them before. I went in to the hall and there was someone from Nepal having a sale. I was guided to 3 things VERY strongly and I listened & bought all 3 (I am not into shopping at all) a garnet ring, a big floor cushion (which I only found out later was a prayer cushion with a mandala on) and a brass necklace so dull that there was no symbol visable. I wore the ring and neclace constantly from that moment. I polished the brass necklace later and an image appeared which I later found out was called Ganesha! Things started to change including one night when I could not sleep and worrying about whether to move 100's of miles away I got a message with all the answers. I got up then & packed 2 bags & left with my son. The rest is history. Have you heard of this happening before with Ganesha?I have learned since about him being the Remover of obstacles. etc.

Vannakkam Hope4Peace: It would be really nice for you if you could get to a properly functioning mystical Ganesha temple. I think there's one in London, but I'm not sure. Your comments regarding Him are totally in line with mystical Hinduism. Ganesha is just so very very real. The good thing is that one He finds you, He's like a Mother and throws out a blanket of protection against all kinds of things. In other words, you're in very safe hands.

Here's a link to the Ganesha temple in Paris: http://www.templeganesh.fr/ Some beautiful pictures of their festival!

Aum Namasivaya

Hope4peace
30 May 2011, 02:38 PM
Thank you for your reply. I am covered in goose bumps reading that.I would love to go to a Ganesha Temple. I am reading loads of threads on here and really enjoying it. It feels warm and loving, like coming home. x

Spiritualseeker
30 May 2011, 08:07 PM

Beautiful story and welcome! Ganesha is the Lord of Dharma. He guides people along the way. I remember I had a dream of Lord Ganesha and Lord Shiva giagantic statues at some unknown temple. I also once was chanting Om Gam Ganapatye Namaha while at the doctors with my wife. It was silent on my out breaths. I felt peace and as we were leaving out of the parking lot we see a sign to a tattoo shop that had sort of a life size Ganesha on there. This is a silly example, but I think Ganesha gives subtle messages to encourage us on the way.

Good luck on the way