PDA

View Full Version : Hinduaism and Ghost - Demons - Devils - Negative Energies - Vashi karan - Mohin Vidh

AmIHindu
29 May 2011, 05:53 PM
Namaste,

I was on Facebook and saw one post for Ghost possession. Discussion was done by astrologers group and they were arguing with each other, so no common point of view.
I agree that Ghost - Demons - Devils - Negative Energies - Mohin Vidhya - Vashi Karan and Ancestor - all of these ( Negative Energies ) soul exist. These negative energies many times possesses we human being. Do we have any mention of these negative energies in our shastras ? Do we have any cure for these problems, as this is one reason that there are many people are suffering. If we go to any village then we come to see this problem, but I have never seen solution for these. There are also suffering due to ancestors. So many people are being cheated on this problem. How this black magic can be cured ? People do business in the name of curing this problems.

Namaskar.

AmIHindu ????

TheOne
29 May 2011, 07:40 PM
Is there any evidence at all for these "possessions" which you speak of?

I'm not denying that there are ghosts or things of that sort, but your claim that they can cause real harm and directly possess a person has no backing to it.

Adhvagat
29 May 2011, 11:07 PM
TheOne they are subtle energies. Anyone with more sensitivity may perceive or feel bad because of them. They can cause harm to our body just as diseases in the gross body are first born in the unstable mind. There's no physical body without the subtle body, you can't separate subtle illness and gross illness.

Possession is an interesting phenomena, it so happens because of a weak ego, but to understand this we need to first understand the fragmental nature of the mind. If we understand that ahamkhara is mutable and from birth to birth it is gathered around the true self, we see that our personality or who we think we are consciously is just a construct. Anything that affects this, wordly life, opinions of others, events, adds or subtracts to this ahamkhara, therefore, a person with a non-structured ahamkhara (ego) would be affected by these energies to such extent that he would then become the one (energy, being) affecting. Others use this ability to de-fragment the ahamkhara for mediumship.

I'm not sure shastras speak of black magic directly, perhaps more obscure shastras would speak of something considered black magic today. I'm not sure how the Mahabharata narrates the transformation of Shikhandi, but I've heard that it was due to more obscure practices, this may be totally wrong, so please correct me.

I also remember a story of Bhaktivinoda Thakur, that he was cursed by a black magic practicioner in India, he sent a ghost after him, and to protect himself he read the whole Srimad Bhagavatam and in the end the ghost instead went to get the sorcerer instead. The power of a Bhagavata Saptaha is indeed amazing, that I have experienced in first hand.

In my experience, the cure for any subtle disturbance is cultivating a healthy mental state and taking shelter into powerful deities like Hanuman and Narasimhadeva. It's hard to comment on a broad scenario like this. Ancestor problems are different though, that involves the personal events of each family.

satay
30 May 2011, 09:05 PM
namaste,
Why is this thread under 'Tantras'?

yajvan
30 May 2011, 10:24 PM

hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

namaste,
Why is this thread under 'Tantras'?
Perhaps the 'canteen' is better suited for this?

praṇām

AmIHindu
05 June 2011, 04:06 PM
Namaste,

I never knew that it is of almost necessity to put thread under correct heading. I tried to put it under most relevant heading.

If you just want to time pass with the heading then of course it goes to canteen. From my point of view, Christians have some solution for this satanic problems but if we talk in Hinduism people laugh at it. That is perfectly okay with me of you do not want to give any importance to this topic, can move to canteen.But If you have any details for the topic, I am happy to read about it per Hinduism.

Apologies for wrong posting.

Namaste.

AmIHindu ?

Adhvagat
05 June 2011, 07:59 PM
You could post these threads about general problems of life in the 'I am a Hindu' section or perhaps in the 'Hot Topics' if you want to focus on the controversial nature of the subject.