PDA

View Full Version : Maitreya is the Kalki Avatar???

cmorel02
01 June 2011, 03:42 PM
http://www.maitreya.org/english/PHinduism.htm

So I was looking things up about the Kalki Avatar, and ran into this site. Personally, I think this guy is a load of ****. Please don't let this offend anyone, I don't really know much about him...But people are saying he's the Kalki Avatar, or something...whatever. Isn't he supposed to be born in Shambhala? The mistical kingdom of purity which resides in the Himalayas? That's what I thought. I still do. And frankly, where's his white horse, his army, and his sword that'll destory the evil mleechas. In my personal understadings of the Kalki Avatar is that he'll just RANDOMLY pop up and immediatly start killing the mleechas and reestablishing the Sanatana Dharma. Before I ran into this site, I knew nothing of this dude...Goes to show he's not. I hope none of trhis offends you guys, but I'd like your opinions on this...

TheOne
01 June 2011, 05:29 PM
No one takes messiah claimants seriously. I know Benjamen Creme also claims to be speaking to Maitreya(the world teacher) who he claims is the fulfillment of all religions and all that nonsense.

Divine Kala
01 June 2011, 06:20 PM
Only time will tell. I am inclined to be sceptical, however.

Adhvagat
01 June 2011, 06:34 PM
We don't need Kalki yet... We're living a golden age, just look back to the middle ages, that is a speck of darkness, I hope none of us witness the pitch black.

Arjuni
01 June 2011, 07:36 PM
Namasté,

Kalki announces himself via the Internet?! Dang it. I KNEW I should have paid more attention in high school computer programming...

Okay, okay, I'm being a jerk. In all seriousness, I too remain wary. There are several who have claimed to be Kalki, I think at least two who claim that they currently are.

I seem to recall from my (frankly pitiful) knowledge of scripture that Vishnu's incarnates don't go around proclaiming themselves as such while walking the earth? So I tend to be skeptical of any assertions to this effect. An attack is usually helped by the element of surprise, so whether Kalki's fight against evil is to be a literal or a metaphorical battle, my belief is that it will probably come to us unexpectedly.

Indraneela
===
Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

anirvan
02 June 2011, 02:27 AM
Maitreya is the reigning Jagatguru,that is absolutely correct and the present chair of himalayan Rishi sangha.
second thing is the purna-avatar of jagatguru will be there shortly(shortly here in words of sages...which may 500 yrs or may be 200 yrs) definitely.he will take over the reign from current Maitreaya and with help of all sages,rishis and other spiritual organisation,bring the new age -satya-yuga.i have posted before about this but couldn"t did detailed study for lack of time.

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=7250

But those claiming that Maitreya is born in 1940 is laughable.he is immortal saint since long,may be 2000yr or more.

Even few yrs back,the theosophical socety started talking jagatguru incarnated in form of great krishnamurthy.

Divine Kala
02 June 2011, 03:17 AM
I thought Shri Kripalu Maharaji was the current Jagadguru?

anirvan
02 June 2011, 07:50 AM
I thought Shri Kripalu Maharaji was the current Jagadguru?

Dear DK,i saw your post on jagatguru and someone"s sweet explanation to convince you that Kripalu maharaj is jagatguru,with your all innocence.
Jagatguru is someone who is acceptable to one and all realized saints of world,not by the innocent follower of a self proclaimed jagatguru.second thing is jagatguru never proclaims ,nor remain silent at propagation of his jagatguruness by his followers.

PARAM
02 June 2011, 11:59 AM
--------------------

Kaliyug started after Mahabharat, and it is still there, we are not in any golden age. There is no difference in the middle of ages and today's age, Adharm is ruling, and Dharm is fighting against it.
We need Kalki.

---------------------------
Very funny:laugh:, he is not Kalki.
Kalki yet have to start.

Adhvagat
05 June 2011, 03:35 AM
Param, I'm a westerner, I can practice dharma in the west. People like Prabhupada dedicated their lives solely to spreading dharma around the world. I seriously have a hard time believing this is the best Kali yuga can offer... ;)

Ever since Chaitanya was born and the explorers thought that the figurative "mountain of gold" was an actual mountain and not Mahaprabhu, the West began looking for the East, this very important worldly event is a social metaphor to a psychological momentum, the momentum of the conscious (West, focused, mainly rational, materialistic) looking to integrate itself again with the unconscious (East, broad, mainly intuitive, spiritualistic) that's why the world flourished and we got out of the dark era of atrocities like witch hunt, malleus maleficarum and the black plague to put a stone over all this bad karma.

Lives improved, both West and East, there's technological comfort, but the only missing link is seeing the feminine side in the masculine counterpart, again we have feminine as intuitive and broad and masculine as rational and focused, union of opposites once again. This lack of perception of the sacred feminine is what leads to the destruction of Earth, because the people in command still can't see its feminine principles and the motto is that a person only needs strict rationality and technology to live.

So considering all these improvements we can either conclude that there's a golden age happening in Kali yuga or Kali yuga is coming to its end. That's my personal stance.