PDA

View Full Version : So are prayer and meditation different things in Hinduism?

Jainarayan
03 June 2011, 06:04 PM
I know that's probably a stupid question on the face of it.

My understanding of prayer, from my western upbringing, is that there are two types. There is the formulaic prayer, like the Lord's Prayer, aka the Our Father; and the Hail Mary. There are many others in Christianity and Islam and Judaism. They are all recited the same way, like you'd recite a mantra.

Then there is the conversation-with-God kind of prayer. I think most people don't hear God's answers because they are too busy talking, and asking God and not letting Him answer.

Jesus (whom I believe was a great teacher and prophet sent by God) said that when you pray, don't make a big speech, just let God know what you want, though He already knows. You know, when you were 17 your dad knew you wanted the car keys, but you still asked him. And then you thanked him.

So that's what I think of as prayer.

Now, are there special ways of praying in Hinduism? If I chanted each of the mantras I use (in my sig.) on a mālā, does that constitute a form of prayer, or is it meditation or is it something in between? Or is that "overdoing" it?

When I meditate (which I really must start doing), can I listen to the recorded mantras and bhajans (am I using the right word for songs?) and feel what the words and music are conveying? I have a whole collection in iTunes, about three hours worth. Some are happy, some are solemn. I listened to them one time through and I felt really peaceful.

AmIHindu
13 June 2011, 08:39 PM
Namaste,

If I chanted each of the mantras I use (in my sig.) on a mālā, does that constitute a form of prayer, or is it meditation or is it something in between? Or is that "overdoing" it?

I read this in one book,
We go from many to one. There are many path which leads to one. Many different sages,some are devotees of Shree Vishnu some are devotee of Shiv, but they Self is the same.
In the same manner, we can go from prayer ( many words) to mantra( one word).

For this Kali Yug, Sri Chaitnya Mahaprabhu has recommended japa is the best.

When I meditate (which I really must start doing), can I listen to the recorded mantras and bhajans (am I using the right word for songs?) and feel what the words and music are conveying?

It depends on you what you like, devotion with japa or devotion with bhajans. As you progress, in your devotion, you will be able to figure that out.

Namaste,

AmIHindu ?

NayaSurya
14 June 2011, 06:48 AM
For me, I can not begin to pray when I am meditating deeply.

I talk to Beloved all the day, every moment I speak to Him. Been this way my entire life and I think He is oki fine with it....and if He isn't He sure hasn't let on.:p

Meditation begin with a mantra for me, but surely it isn't the only way. Yes, I do suppose this is a formal sort of prayer. Not really a conversation as my daily prayers to Beloved. But, in meditation I am brought up so wholly to another sort of dialog I fail to be able to use any words in this space. The body gone and only one thing upon the mind until it concedes. From this place I do not pray, but am the prayer.

I agree with AmIHindu, as you move through the process of creating your own routine of Sadhana, you will come to understand the nature of these activities.

Eastern Mind
14 June 2011, 08:11 AM
Vannakkam Minotaur: I agree pretty much with Nayasurya with one noticeable difference. Because I am a regular temple goer, that is where I do most of my praying. Its in language and thoughts within my head as clearly as I can word it. I am either standing in front of the deity, or sitting in front, eyes open, receiving darshan at the time. Its a communication. There are basically two kinds ... asking for some help, and thanking for help given.

Occasionally I will send written prayers via a sacred fire.

Meditation, on the other hand, is always sitting, eyes closed, and going within via a process learned, just enjoying the feelings etc. found there. Sometimes I even may get insight from that.

So for me, the two are distinctly different. I think there has been some overlap of the two words here in the west by other faiths.

Aum Namasivaya

Jainarayan
14 June 2011, 08:58 AM
Namaste all, and thanks.

Namaste,
In the same manner, we can go from prayer ( many words) to mantra( one word).

For this Kali Yug, Sri Chaitnya Mahaprabhu has recommended japa is the best.

It depends on you what you like, devotion with japa or devotion with bhajans. As you progress, in your devotion, you will be able to figure that out.

Namaste,

AmIHindu ?

This is good. I have a collection of mantras and bhajans I've downloaded and listen to in iTunes. There are several of both types, mantras and bhajans, I am particularly fond of. I'll make a smaller collection of those. In fact there are times when one will pop into my head and I'll just listen to it mentally. I put my headphones on at work, listen to them and feel uplifted.

For me, I can not begin to pray when I am meditating deeply.

I talk to Beloved all the day, every moment I speak to Him. Been this way my entire life and I think He is oki fine with it....and if He isn't He sure hasn't let on.:p

I know what you mean. I spoke to Sri Krishna last night as I was lying in bed. I asked him for a favor, not for me, but for another being to get well. I hate to see suffering. Whatever is the karma, I know the Lord will give me the strength to see it through and accept it.

Meditation begin with a mantra for me, but surely it isn't the only way. Yes, I do suppose this is a formal sort of prayer. ...

I agree with AmIHindu, as you move through the process of creating your own routine of Sadhana, you will come to understand the nature of these activities.

This is why I've come to love Hinduism. There is so much room for personal dharma (if I used it correctly to mean "the right way).

(Edit: oops, maybe I did use dharma wrong and it should be sādhanā.)

Vannakkam Minotaur: I agree pretty much with Nayasurya with one noticeable difference. Because I am a regular temple goer, that is where I do most of my praying. Its in language and thoughts within my head as clearly as I can word it. I am either standing in front of the deity, or sitting in front, eyes open, receiving darshan at the time. Its a communication. There are basically two kinds ... asking for some help, and thanking for help given.

Occasionally I will send written prayers via a sacred fire.

Meditation, on the other hand, is always sitting, eyes closed, and going within via a process learned, just enjoying the feelings etc. found there. Sometimes I even may get insight from that.

So for me, the two are distinctly different. I think there has been some overlap of the two words here in the west by other faiths.

Aum Namasivaya

Thanks Emji, that is also a great clarification. I haven't been to temple yet, but I have prayed in front of my shrine, and I've done japa. I did japa sitting quietly and trying to concentrate on the mantra, but I was in a location that was too noisy. I was distracted by that, and lack of discipline, which I know will come.

yajvan
14 June 2011, 09:59 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

If one is praying and ~asking~ then the ability to transcend is curtailed. The prayer of silence is golden.

But what silence, any silence? That silence that expands , that deposits one in samādhi¹ is of the highest value -
it cultures the mind to keep that silence more-and-more throughout the day.

praṇām

1. samādhi - one-pointed absorption; tranquil silence many call turiya, the 4th.

Jainarayan
15 June 2011, 08:58 AM
Namaste yajvan.

Thank you. :) I don't know if I said in an earlier post that we don't hear God when we pray because we're too busy talking.

kallol
15 June 2011, 09:27 AM
The prayer generally is an appeal to Supreme for Sakama wishes (for oneself or one'e closer family) or Niskama wishes (for general people, world's, nature, ecosystem, cosmos, etc i.e selfless).

Meditation can be different types. Some meditations are for health reason, some for enquiry reason and some focussing on an object.

Health reason might be to calm your mind and body - align mind and body.

Enquiry reason might be to deeply think on some topic to analyse, understand or enquire deeper. Like "who am I". Or the several topics of spirituality - this part is the assimilation part of the knowledge.

However the enquiry can also be related to the life's problems - like thinking of a chess move, strategy for business, any deep concentrated - engrossed thoughts where one is not aware of the surroundings.

Focussing on an object can be book reading, TV programs, etc. Again here also one is not aware of the surroundings.

In spirituality meditation would mostly mean the second one.

Love and best wishes.

Love and best wishes

AmIHindu
15 June 2011, 10:30 AM
Namaste,

I agree with Yajvan ji. We do not pray for any gross or physical or material matters. Like , money , car , house , beauty or long life. We even should not pray for our good health, bad health is due to our Karma and take it ( bad health) as prasadam from GOD. Sri Ramskrishna had throat cancer, one of his disciple told him to concentrate on throat so that it will be cured, Sri Ramkrishna answered, why he should take away his mind from Ma Kali and give attention to throat.
Prayer should be to advance in our spiritual journey , final destination, self realization.

Yajvan ji, Samadhi is too far destination for me. I am not sure if I can get to concentration of mind. If I am successful at concentration then only I can move to next step Meditation.

One more sentence for mantra

Mantra is concentrated prayer.

Pranam and GOD hold our hand show us marg.

AmIHindu ?

Jainarayan
15 June 2011, 11:00 AM
Namaste,

I agree with Yajvan ji. We do not pray for any gross or physical or material matters. Like , money , car , house , beauty or long life. We even should not pray for our good health, bad health is due to our Karma and take it ( bad health) as prasadam from GOD.

I agree about not praying for material things. I was also never one to believe in "I'll pray for you" when something bad happens. It's not like God is going to change it. It is what it is, for the reason it is... karma.

kallol
15 June 2011, 11:09 AM
There is nothing wrong in sakama prayer (where one is asking for oneself or near & dear ones). However we should move on and have less of that and more of niskama type.

It is a journey from sakama bhakti to niskama bhakti - sakama karma to niskama karma - to knowledge. The niskama parts continues or brought forward. This is the spiritual journey over one or many lives.

Love and best wishes

Jainarayan
17 June 2011, 10:00 PM
One more question about japa.

When you do japa, do you chant only to your ishta-deva, or do you use other mantras? For example, I'd primarily chant OM Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya, but because I praise and thank Maa Saraswati for Her inspiration and help in music I'd also chant Her mantra? To praise and thank Maha Lakshmi and Sri Ganesha for their help I'd chant their mantras? Is this correct? If so, do you "rotate" the mantras? It's late and I'm probably sounding punchy.

kallol
18 June 2011, 12:45 AM
One more question about japa.

When you do japa, do you chant only to your ishta-deva, or do you use other mantras? For example, I'd primarily chant OM Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya, but because I praise and thank Maa Saraswati for Her inspiration and help in music I'd also chant Her mantra? To praise and thank Maha Lakshmi and Sri Ganesha for their help I'd chant their mantras? Is this correct? If so, do you "rotate" the mantras? It's late and I'm probably sounding punchy.

As far as my knowledge goes, japa is done to reduce the distractions of the mind and give it a direction.

So generally a mantra is given to do japa - by repeating that, the mind's dstractions can be reduced. The concentration and ability to direct the mind is increased. This helps in directing the mind towards the knowledge at later stage when the scriptural studies are taken up.

Love and best wishes

Jainarayan
18 June 2011, 06:51 AM
Yes, I think I get it. Thanks. :)

smaranam
18 June 2011, 08:52 AM
Namaste,

At the same time, if you are a VaishNav, you would ONLY chant your chosen japa - Om Namo Bhagavate VAsudevAya. Depending on the stage of bhakti, japa is most definitely a prayer as well as a request to be allowed to be of service. Concentrated japa purifies the mind. Who does that ? VAsudev of course, Whom you have been calling.

There is no need to chant any other mantras like for Saraswati or Ganesh if you are depending on VAsudev. As for Lakshmi, she is always with Him and is embedded in the 'Bhagavate' of your 'Om Namo Bhagavate VAsudevAya'.

He assures you in RAjGuhya Yog - the Most Confidential Knowledge Chapter 9:

BG 9.18: I am the goal, the sustainer, the master, the witness, the abode, the refuge, and the most dear friend. I am the creation and the annihilation, the basis of everything, the resting place and the eternal seed.
BG 9.22: But those who always worship Me with exclusive devotion, meditating on My transcendental form — to them I carry what they lack, and I preserve what they have.
BG 9.23: Those who are devotees of other gods and who worship them with faith actually worship only Me, O son of Kuntī, but they do so in an unauthorized way , not acc. to prescribed vidhi (avidhipUrvakam).
BG 9.24: I am the only enjoyer and master of all sacrifices. Therefore, those who do not recognize My true transcendental nature fall down/ stay in birth-death cycles.

Here is a group that chants 'Om namo Bhagavate VAsudevAya' :

http://www.yogeshwar.org/
About LeelaTai, the [late] Mother behind it : http://www.yogeshwar.org/om

List of Shri KrushNa Leela Centres worldwide : http://www.yogeshwar.org/list.htm

In New Jersy , Pennsylvania:

9 Jambhekar Gunavati Arun 18, Shiloh Road, Englishtown NJ 07726, USA 001-732-5365350

39 Desai Suchitra Jaideep 62K Reading Road, Edison, NJ, USA 001-732-7440554

291 Naik Sandeep & Bhakti 2400 Chestnut St., Apt. 1611, Philadelphia, PA 19103, USA 001-215-5613451
----------

For information: Chaitanya Mahaprabhu came to earth to make the Shri KrushNa Mahamantra (from kali santarana upanishad) available to one and all worldwide (known as THE mantra of Kali Yug):
Hare KrushNa Hare KrushNa KrushNa KrushNa Hare Hare
Hare RAm Hare RAm RAm RAm Hare Hare

----

Om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya ~

praNAm

Jainarayan
18 June 2011, 10:23 AM
Namaste smaranamji, and thank you. I should have realized that showing Arjuna His vishvarupa, Lord Krishna was showing all beings, devas and devis in Him.

I am not far from the group in Englishtown, NJ. It's about halfway between home and work, as is the closest mandir.

This is one of my favorites, probably the favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ep4Y16cWeg&list=PLB3BE02027997A81B

I have it converted to mp3 and downloaded to my mp3 player.

So this raises another question for me...

Is it wrong to have other murtis and images in my shrine? I have Sri Krishna centered and He is the focus of my adoration. But his image and murti is flanked by others. Should I remove them?

I'm sorry for seeming dense. I have a lot to learn and a long way to go to do things right.

smaranam
18 June 2011, 10:43 AM
Namaste Minotaurji,

No. As long as you do not think Saraswati and Ganesh are simply another form of the same Supreme Being, then it is OK. They are pure devotees constantly working for Shri Hari for well-being of jivas in material world.

However, if you pray to Saraswati for musical poetic knowledge - now this is tricky - as long as you look at Her as devotee of Hari, fine, but it should not be that we do not trust Hari to bestow that oppulence on us. It is He who bestows all fruits , whether you ask Saraswati or Ganesh for it.

We can honor, and glorify other devtas as pure devotees of Shri Hari,

But, puja of Hari is watering the roots, and waters the whole tree. Please consult other VaishNav authorities on this.

I devas on my altar are family heritage - i respect them, but my pUjaniya is the One and Only Shri Hari (mine is Bal Gopal)

Once my mom asked me to offer white flowers to Durga in Navratri. I did it honoring her wish, then one year i was too one-pointed on KrushNa so i talked to Him about it. He said - offer those white flowers to Me. Then i saw this : i was wearinga green sari - green sari is prasad of Ma Durga. :)

Om namo bhagavate vasudevaya

kallol
18 June 2011, 10:44 AM
Namaste smaranamji, and thank you. I should have realized that showing Arjuna His vishvarupa, Lord Krishna was showing all beings, devas and devis in Him.

I am not far from the group in Englishtown, NJ. It's about halfway between home and work, as is the closest mandir.

This is one of my favorites, probably the favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ep4Y16cWeg&list=PLB3BE02027997A81B

I have it converted to mp3 and downloaded to my mp3 player.

So this raises another question for me...

Is it wrong to have other murtis and images in my shrine? I have Sri Krishna centered and He is the focus of my adoration. But his image and murti is flanked by others. Should I remove them?

I'm sorry for what may seem like dumb questions. I have a lot to learn and a long way to go to do things right.

On one side we are talking about Biswarupa and the other side we are talking about removing other deitis and objects of worship. Isn't this a contradictory stance ?

The biswarupa is in essence what the maximum we can achieve through our limited capability of mind (almost impossible) - to behold the whole of creation including the time (speck in the timeless eternity). This infact is gives the holistic perspective of the creation and our poistion in that. The picture we see in the scripture is only a representation of this.

Again the interpretation can vary from gharana to gharana. You can stick to the one, where you are comfortable.

Love and best wishes

Ganeshprasad
18 June 2011, 10:47 AM
Pranam Smaranam ji and all

It is true the devotion to our ist deva should be one pointed.
the verses that you have quoted does not discourage me to invoke other devas to worship Krishna

Namaste,

There is no need to chant any other mantras like for Saraswati or Ganesh if you are depending on VAsudev. As for Lakshmi, she is always with Him and is embedded in the 'Bhagavate' of your 'Om Namo Bhagavate VAsudevAya'.

praNAm

You will find this prayer regularly invoked when reciting Bhagvat Puran

NARAYANAM NAMSKRITYAM NARAM CHAIVE NAROTTAM
DEVI SARASWATIM VYASAM TATO JAYMUDIRYET

when we perform Satya Narayan Katha agra puja is done to Ganesh

So for a Hindu it all comes very natural to offer puja to other devas to help in our journey and goal, off course when one becomes fully immersed in bhakti we do not see any other but our beloved.

Lord Krishna says in chapter three
devan bhavayatanenate
deva bhavayantu vah
parasparam bhavayantah
sreyah param avapsyatha

pleasing each other one would achieve supreme goal

Jai Shree Krishna

Jainarayan
18 June 2011, 11:38 AM
Namaste all, and thank you yet again!

Namaste Minotaurji,

No. As long as you do not think Saraswati and Ganesh are simply another form of the same Supreme Being, then it is OK. They are pure devotees constantly working for Shri Hari for well-being of jivas in material world.

However, if you pray to Saraswati for musical poetic knowledge - now this is tricky - as long as you look at Her as devotee of Hari, fine, but it should not be that we do not trust Hari to bestow that oppulence on us. It is He who bestows all fruits , whether you ask Saraswati or Ganesh for it.

We can honor, and glorify other devtas as pure devotees of Shri Hari,

Yes that is tricky, then. Some people see each of those devas and devis as manifestations of God, or the manifestation of God. For example, Ustad Allaudin Khan, the sarod master, would worship only Saraswati. In fact, he refused lucrative offers elsewhere because he would not move from where her temple was.

On one side we are talking about Biswarupa and the other side we are talking about removing other deitis and objects of worship. Isn't this a contradictory stance ?

Hence my confusion.

Again the interpretation can vary from gharana to gharana. You can stick to the one, where you are comfortable.

Love and best wishes

Therein lies the beauty of Sanātana Dharma. :)

...when one becomes fully immersed in bhakti we do not see any other but our beloved.

And that's the road we are travelling.

Lord Krishna says in chapter three
devan bhavayatanenate
deva bhavayantu vah
parasparam bhavayantah
sreyah param avapsyatha

Translation? I couldn't find anything. :o

Ganeshprasad
18 June 2011, 12:28 PM
Pranam

Translation? I couldn't find anything. :o

Nourish the Devas with Yajna, and the Devas will nourish you. Thus nourishing one another you shall attain the Supreme goal. (3.11)

Jai Shree Krishna

yajvan
18 June 2011, 01:44 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Yajvan ji, Samadhi is too far destination for me. I am not sure if I can get to concentration of mind. If I am successful at concentration then only I can move to next step Meditation.

Yes, I can see why one may say this... It comes with practice but is not beyond anyone's reach. Just as a pot of boiling water thinks, how can I ever settle down, I am prone to bubbling, bursting, heating up, I know no other way.

Then someone comes and turns off the flame, the water calms. Like that , the mind bubbles, takes one here and there. It is lowering the flame that works. This is connected to the breath. The breath can be managed by mantra meditation and other approaches. If we manage the breath, we manage and settle down the mind.

This is the condition for sāmadhi to unfold. It is there between each breath.
praṇām

smaranam
18 June 2011, 03:18 PM
Nourish the Devas with Yajna, and the Devas will nourish you. Thus nourishing one another you shall attain the Supreme goal. (3.11)

Jai Shree Krishna

PraNAm Ganeshprasadji

The only reason i said 'Om namo bhagavate vasudevaya' is enough was because Minotaurji says he is a VaishNav and is asking for guidance - whether other mantras should be part of the daily japa. In this case, one does not have to chant mantras to other devas on a daily basis. We are not talking about what is natural to a general Hindu. KrushNa being someone's Ishta is different from being a VaishNav.

About BG 3.11, this is what Shrila PrabhupAd writes about our duty of yad'nya (or pancha yadnya) in purports of chapter 3

When Lord Kṛṣṇa is worshiped, the [devtas], who are different limbs of the Lord, are also automatically worshiped; therefore there is no separate need to worship the [devtas]. For this reason, the devotees of the Lord, who are in Kṛṣṇa consciousness, offer food to Kṛṣṇa and then eat — a process which nourishes the body spiritually.

The Lord can be satisfied by sacrifices; ....
Yajña, specifically the sańkīrtana-yajña prescribed for this age, must therefore be performed to save us at least from scarcity of food supply.

So, yadnya towards the actual yadnya-pati (KrushNa) automatically shows gratitude towards Indra for rain, for instance.

Also, in Vibhuti-Yog BG Chap 10, KrushNa says : "Of sacrifices I am japa-yadnya / yajn~a"

BG 10.25 maharṣīṇāḿ bhṛgur ahaḿ
girām asmy ekam akṣaram
yajñānāḿ japa-yajño 'smi
sthāvarāṇāḿ himālayaḥ

Of the great sages I am Bhṛgu; of vibrations I am the transcendental oḿ. Of sacrifices I am the chanting of the holy names [japa], and of immovable things I am the Himālayas.

Jai Shri KrushNa

Jainarayan
18 June 2011, 04:36 PM
Pranam

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you. It's beautiful. :)

So give worship, prayer, praise, offerings, to the Devas, as is their due, and they will give to us, and we will become One.

Jainarayan
18 June 2011, 04:43 PM
The only reason i said 'Om namo bhagavate vasudevaya' is enough was because Minotaurji says he is a VaishNav and is asking for guidance - whether other mantras should be part of the daily japa. ...

KrushNa being someone's Ishta is different from being a VaishNav.

Yes, it's clear now that I misspoke and misunderstood when I claimed to be Vaishnava. I thought that Krishna being Ishta classifies a person as Vaishnava. I guess I didn't know the "whole story".

You see, this is why I have so much to learn, and look at what I learned today. Thank you. :)

Maybe this is where I fall, non-sectarian, as I feel love for all the deities:

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=66311&postcount=2

"Basically, Smartism ... can refer to Hindus who pray to a multitude of different deities and are pretty much "nonsectarian". The term "smarta" has come to almost be interchangeable with the term "nonsectarian".

That's why labels are often bad.

Ganeshprasad
18 June 2011, 05:06 PM
Pranam Minotaur

Thank you. It's beautiful. :)

So give worship, prayer, praise, offerings, to the Devas, as is their due, and they will give to us, and we will become One.

Yes this is what required for worldly person to do, remember most of us are house holder, we have duties not everyone is on an advance stage to perform bhakti to one. this process is slow and sure way to advance in our quest to reach the goal. we have many duties in our life, to our parents, to Devas etc. there are many who rush to adorn the dress, put the tilak and give them different title, unfortunately the pull of maya is so strong that many give up and give a bad name.

Jai Shree Krishna

Jainarayan
18 June 2011, 05:21 PM
Namaste Ganeshprasad.

So, this is why we come back. To get further and further along on our journey to being with God, as long as we stay on the right road in each life. But the road can have all kinds of distractions and rest stops to keep us from our destination.

Ganeshprasad
18 June 2011, 05:31 PM
Pranam Smaranam ji

PraNAm Ganeshprasadji

The only reason i said 'Om namo bhagavate vasudevaya' is enough was because Minotaurji says he is a VaishNav and is asking for guidance - whether other mantras should be part of the daily japa. In this case, one does not have to chant mantras to other devas on a daily basis. We are not talking about what is natural to a general Hindu. KrushNa being someone's Ishta is different from being a VaishNav.

Thanks, that seems to be the general perception amongst Vaishnava but then i am also influenced by Tusidas and likes of Narsinghmehta who wrote the famous Vaisnavajan to bhajan, he in one off the bhajan sings Shankar stuti kari nirakhya nandkumar, meaning propitiating Lord Shiva i realized Krishna

About BG 3.11, this is what Shrila PrabhupAd writes about our duty of yad'nya (or pancha yadnya) in purports of chapter 3 forgive me if i do not comment on purport or opinion, the verse by Lord Krishna is very clear.

BG 10.25
Jai Shri KrushNaThis vibhuti yog is very interesting when we consider Ajun's question, he says Krushna how may i worship you in your various forms, the rest follow from this, people have different opinions.

there is no question when lord Krishna himself says 9.15
Others, who are engaged in the cultivation of knowledge, worship the Supreme Lord as the one without a second, diverse in many, and in the universal form.

Jai Shree Krishna

smaranam
18 June 2011, 09:26 PM
i am also influenced by Tusidas and likes of Narsinghmehta who wrote the famous Vaisnavajan to bhajan, he in one off the bhajan sings Shankar stuti kari nirakhya nandkumar, meaning propitiating Lord Shiva i realized Krishna

Jai Shree Krishna

Yes. KrushNa is my Lord, and the other devas, so so so full of Love, His Love as They are all in Him, are my maikA :) (maikA = parents home, the home a girl grows up in and leaves eventually)

They were showering blessings ... Their unconditional Love, their constant shower of blessings i feel, i visit Them at random on occasion but they do not hold that against Their child.

I could go on about my Mothers, Lord Shiva, Ganesh, ... ( TrimUrti Datta brings mixed nostalgic ... He is too blended with my Lord), Shirdi Sai...
This maika includes the pujaris at the Temple, Lord Chaitanya - yes He is maika - Radhe, not GauraHari... and some other beings here ... are all maika.

They drown this jeev in Their magnanimous Love, and the jeeva's infinitesimal capacity to love them back is topped off with the fact that she is a brat.
Yes. I am Their b r a t. They allow me the comfort of no responsibility towards them.

And yet, i am too full of KrushNa that i am losing all connections one by one by one by one... with some of GiridhAri's svamsha forms as well - did not expect that... not sure if it is good or bad, ... but He says it is OK.

When with one's Dearest Lord there is nowhere to go and nowhere to come and nothing to climb or achieve - for oneself anyway ...

mhAro ri Giridhar GopAl dusarA na koyA ~