PDA

View Full Version : Spiritual Ecstasy

Eric11235
06 June 2011, 08:38 PM
Vannakam,

I believe I had a spiritually ecstatic experience that reaffirmed my faith.

After Arati at my temple, during silent meditation, I started performing Japa on the Gayatri.

At first my breathing was normal, but slowly my breathing grew more ragged and heavy, I had to struggle to keep my self quiet.

Then my body started convulsing, first in small twitches, then in greater, jerkier fashions, it was something akin to a pleasant panic attack.

After I lost control of my eyes movement, I slowly sank into a deep peaceful state of mind, but was nonetheless winded immediately after I left my temple and performed a full rotation on the gayatri.

I believe that this was an experience of Spiritual Ecstasy and found it highly enjoyable (in some ways) and extremely unpleasant in others.

I am curious if anybody else has experienced something akin to this and if so how they felt about it afterwards.

Namaste

Eastern Mind
07 June 2011, 06:57 AM
Vannakkam Eric: This is my take, and its probably out to lunch, but at least its a response. :)

Such experiences come and go for a purpose. It is best to 'be the watcher' and just let them go, not attempting consciously to not repeat them, or to repeat them. Its all just part of the dance.

Aum Namasivaya

Eric11235
07 June 2011, 09:41 AM
Indeed EM, I just found it an interesting experience