PDA

View Full Version : Namaste, I'm new with a very curious mind!

peanutbutter
09 June 2011, 03:05 AM
Hello everyone! I just registered in this forum because I wish to feed my curious mind regarding meditation and mindfulness. Lately I have been reading and trying to understand the spirituality behind meditation and mindfulness and how it can improve day to day activities. I wanted to understand the difference between Buddhist and Hindu meditation.

wundermonk
09 June 2011, 12:26 PM
Welcome aboard, PB.

The philosophical foundations of Yoga, Pranayama and Meditation were summarized by Sage Patanjali in the Yogasutras (http://dailyreadings.com/sutras_1.htm). That may be a good starting point to understand Hindu ideas of meditation and spirituality. I am not aware of Buddhist meditational techniques and how they differ from Hindu ideas.

Eastern Mind
09 June 2011, 12:31 PM
Vannakkam peanutbutter: Welcome to these forums. I hope you derive some benefit from discussions here.

Where are you in Malaysia? I want to go there one day soon.

Aum Namasivaya

yajvan
10 June 2011, 08:53 PM

hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté & hello peanutbutter....

I hope HDF can add the jelly to your questions.

http://www.gourmetglitterati.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/tumblr_l8qvauFYri1qbdjqc.png

praṇām

Jainarayan
10 June 2011, 09:53 PM

hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté & hello peanutbutter....

I hope HDF can add the jelly to your questions.

http://www.gourmetglitterati.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/tumblr_l8qvauFYri1qbdjqc.png

praṇām

You just solved my "what should I eat at this hour?" problem. :D

Obelisk
11 June 2011, 04:09 AM
Welcome to the forum, peanutbutter. :)

sunyata07
11 June 2011, 12:50 PM
Namaste Peanutbutter,

Inquisitive minds are always welcome here. I hope that you are able to learn more about what you came here for. I'm not sure if there are many Buddhists on HDF, or if there are those who know much about Buddhist techniques for meditation, but at least you'll have a site rich with sources for meditation using traditional Hindu yogic practices.

Om namah Shivaya

Friend from the West
12 June 2011, 09:23 PM
Namaste Peanutbutter, welcome. I have a background in Theravada Buddhism and am new to Sanatana Dharma. With Buddhism found great peace with meditation and mindfulness. With Sanatana Dharma, I have found much more than imagined. With the forum's posts and with the HDF resources, there is a wealth of knowledge here. I wish you and your inquisitive mind nothing but luck.

Hello everyone! I just registered in this forum because I wish to feed my curious mind regarding meditation and mindfulness. Lately I have been reading and trying to understand the spirituality behind meditation and mindfulness and how it can improve day to day activities. I wanted to understand the difference between Buddhist and Hindu meditation.

Ramakrishna
13 June 2011, 10:54 PM
Namaste Peanutbutter,

Welcome to HDF. This forum has a lot of information and great threads about meditation, so hopefully it will be helpful to you.

Jai Sri Ram