PDA

View Full Version : Sacred Heart

henrikhankhagnell
12 June 2011, 01:55 PM
In western Christianity we pray to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. What do Hindus think about it and is there a similar practise in Hinduism?

sanjaya
25 June 2011, 12:12 PM
In western Christianity we pray to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. What do Hindus think about it and is there a similar practise in Hinduism?

Sorry, I actually have no idea what the Sacred Heart of Jesus is. Perhaps you could elaborate a bit.

NayaSurya
25 June 2011, 12:31 PM
Trying to compare these two things is impossible. It is like trying to compare an acorn to the oak tree.

The Aham is not one of torture of thorns and blood...death for sin...suffering for nothing.

The Aham, the Heart of Shiva is the whole of creation...
Beloved Shakti surrounds each piece of creation and sustains our position in this Beautiful Sacred Heart.

The sacred heart of jesus is formed upon the bargain some bit of humanity had with this ficticious being to die for assumed sins of every man woman and baby. Suffering in exchange for sin.

In reality....all suffering here is growth...more steps closer to Beloved. There is no bargain to be made for humanity....there is no assumed sin to fogive. For whatever transgression we make in this realm will be paid in due time with our own work.

All of us Dwell in the Aham...and one day He will pull us back...

Aham Maha....Aham Maha...To be born and to return...

The simplistic ideal that we live here and are born sinners, needing redemption is very early steps upon this path we all walk. Necessary movements, and a Divine part of this all. But just as the acorn is a portion of that tree....They are worlds apart.

Ramakrishna
25 June 2011, 02:32 PM
Namaste Henrikhankhagnell,

I know about the Sacred Heart from one of my friends who used to be Catholic. No, there is nothing like that in Hinduism.

The Aham, the Heart of Shiva is the whole of creation...

This sums it up. God is all about love in Hinduism. We do not need some special devotion to represent God's love of humanity.

The Sacred Heart is shown as being wounded and having a crown of thorns around it....so even something that is supposed to be about love still has to be about suffering and pain.

I much rather prefer something like this:
http://www.harekrsna.de/artikel/hanuman-heart.jpg

Jai Hanuman!