PDA

View Full Version : Krishna, Yahweh, God...

Loki
25 June 2011, 06:46 PM
my knowledge is limited to the Upanishads and the Gita, but the Gita was a very big influence on me for awhile, and even through Thoreau, who considered this work the best work, and ended up Hindu in the end.

I take offense that people would consider this simply an allegory, as war and this war seem to have been very real.

I was always impressed when Krishna showed Arjuna his true nature and that he was so overwhelmed he couldn't bear it.

It seems the best description of God.

I was always impressed by Ghandi's statement that the moral progress of a civilization is in commune with the way it treats its animals.

America is a place of German and Greek gods, powerful without a doubt, there is the hint of the angel Lucifer and man's insistence on self-pride.

I was always impressed that Hinduism seemed most to preserve the more ancient thoughts and traditions, of which all seems lost.

It's strange I sometimes think the West will damn not only in its eating of chickens, cows, and most strangely pigs...but its treatment of these gentle beasts...

It was my one problem with Jesus, who I find one of the easier teachers.

I'm just rambling. I have an affinity with this Indian people. Maybe its how you treat cows. I am a vegetarian, though I think Fish could solve world hunger, you need no more than tanks, water is plentiful...It kills me that we here wage so many wars and yet we won't feed or house...such is the compromise of a people that so value gold I guess...

Much Love to India, and India is here as well, and I'm glad.;) ;) ;)