PDA

View Full Version : Krishna's Flute

NayaSurya
29 June 2011, 08:04 PM
Lately I have been experiencing a ringing in the pitch of Aum in my right ear as I pray...or directly after....especially if I felt something was directly near me listening.

Recently, I spoke of hearing a music with sitar and flute playing while I worked upon the floors to clean. Then today my daughter say she was hearing a flute playing on our lower portion for a very long time lastnight as I prayed. I do often hear this flute and was unsure what it could be...until my daughter began asking questions about Krishna this morning as we were all in the meditation room greeting the sun.

It was then it struck me......that this flute I am hearing could be related to Beloved. Which is a very sweet wonderful thing.

So as we sat speaking of this flute of Krishna...it occured to me also what this flute represent. I am a singer of my whole life and the harmonics are something I have always had an ear for...I can hear Aum in almost everything...and even in Aum there is a higher pitch sound that eminates from the single sound and makes two sounds in harmony. Probably sounds odd...but it's there, I do hear this.

Our bodies can be used as a tuning fork to these higher vibrations and this Flute is the door opener..the key to the secret. Beloved Krishna is holding one of the keys for us to discover.

I wondered what have different traditions written about the flute and has anyone good places of trusted information?

Much Love<3

saidevo
29 June 2011, 08:39 PM
namaste smt.NayaSurya.

I haven't read this book, but you might find it interesting:
kRShNa's flute: TL vAsvAni
http://www.archive.org/details/krishnasflute00vaswiala

Kismet
29 June 2011, 08:43 PM
I find the story/account of one of Krishna's devotees asking him by what possible merit could have his Flute so fallen into his graces that he never stopped singing it.

Krishna's answer was profoundly simple: "It emptied itself."

If only we could be half as empty as that flute...

Eastern Mind
29 June 2011, 11:31 PM
Lately I have been experiencing a ringing in the pitch of Aum in my right ear as I pray...or directly after....especially if I felt something was directly near me listening.

Vannakkam Naya: My Guru spoke of hearing a high 'e' sound with the inner ear, just as he spoke of seeing light within the head with the inner eye.

Aum Namasivaya

Onkara
30 June 2011, 12:12 AM
Namasté NayaSurya
I understand that the holes in the flute represent the "holes" in the human body i.e 2 eyes, 2 nostrils, 1 mouth etc.

SB 10.21.6: O King, when the young ladies in Vraja heard the sound of Krishna's flute, which captivates the minds of all living beings, they all embraced one another and began describing it.

:)

devotee
30 June 2011, 12:38 AM
Namaste NayaSurya,

Recently, I spoke of hearing a music with sitar and flute playing while I worked upon the floors to clean. Then today my daughter say she was hearing a flute playing on our lower portion for a very long time lastnight as I prayed. I do often hear this flute and was unsure what it could be...until my daughter began asking questions about Krishna this morning as we were all in the meditation room greeting the sun.

It was then it struck me......that this flute I am hearing could be related to Beloved. Which is a very sweet wonderful thing.

So as we sat speaking of this flute of Krishna...it occured to me also what this flute represent. I am a singer of my whole life and the harmonics are something I have always had an ear for...I can hear Aum in almost everything...and even in Aum there is a higher pitch sound that eminates from the single sound and makes two sounds in harmony. Probably sounds odd...but it's there, I do hear this.

Our bodies can be used as a tuning fork to these higher vibrations and this Flute is the door opener..the key to the secret. Beloved Krishna is holding one of the keys for us to discover.

I wondered what have different traditions written about the flute and has anyone good places of trusted information?

Much Love<3

Hearing clear sound of flute is certainly due to activation of higher chakras. This is a wonderful sign ! :) I think your Heart-chakra may be getting activated. If that is so, at this stage, you may start feeling no animosity towards anyone ... and love through you would start flowing effortlessly towards one and all without any discrimination. Carnal pleasures will lose their charm to you.

OM

goodlife
30 June 2011, 01:08 AM
I second what devotee ji is saying.

wow congratulations you are really moving up the spiritual ladder.

what i have heard is that different stages of spiritual evolution begins by first you hear music in your ears while meditating. then you start seeing light and as you grow spiritually the colours keep changing till you start seeing white light. final stage of spiritual fulfillment is when you start hearing thunder sound when meditating.

this is just hearsay knowledge so cant provide any scriptural reference to the above.

please continue to share your spirutual experience.they are of immense help.

thanks

devotee
30 June 2011, 02:08 AM
Namaste goodlife,

I second what devotee ji is saying.

wow congratulations you are really moving up the spiritual ladder.

what i have heard is that different stages of spiritual evolution begins by first you hear music in your ears while meditating. then you start seeing light and as you grow spiritually the colours keep changing till you start seeing white light. final stage of spiritual fulfillment is when you start hearing thunder sound when meditating.

this is just hearsay knowledge so cant provide any scriptural reference to the above.

please continue to share your spirutual experience.they are of immense help.

thanks

What you say is not hearsay but it is based on what scriptures and our Self-realised masters said. I am not able to recollect the actual chakra which is associated with sound of flute but it is certainly either Svadhisthan or the heart chakra. I will have to check up.

You may like to read post no. 18 of this link :

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=4941&page=2

OM

NayaSurya
30 June 2011, 08:06 AM
Vannakkam Naya: My Guru spoke of hearing a high 'e' sound with the inner ear, just as he spoke of seeing light within the head with the inner eye.

Aum Namasivaya

I do see this silver lining at the bottom of my eye as I look downward inside of my head. I used to think it was my eye still firing from light, but it happens in perfect dark, sometimes hours after I have been in light.

----

Thank you for all of your replies, I am grateful.

Woke up at 5 a.m. to my oldest son, who is home from university making cinnamon pancakes for the family. The first thing out of his mouth was..."mom I heard something in here about an hour ago...it sounded like a flute playing a song."

He was not privy to our conversation from the day before so I sat him down and began to tell him about it. He was very shocked by this and told me that we should have let him know. But, I am glad we didn't as...it is so much more validation that another, without any knowledge has also experienced it.

In the past year I have given up many things. One of which was control and another, expectations. Moved away from Beings which, in their confusion, were harming me. Just began to Love them and wish them well. Such a weight came off of me...the weight of this world.

With such a weight lifted, my heart has had room to fill this space.

Thank you for the links and help, if anyone have more stories about this, please do not hesitate to post.

As always, I am at Your Beloved Feet.
Thank you

SOV
30 June 2011, 08:30 AM
Namaste nayasurya,

I am a bit stunned.

SOV
30 June 2011, 08:43 AM
Namaste,
Just saw this today.
http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=606

Brilliant.

NayaSurya
30 June 2011, 08:57 AM
I do not know how you were able to find this but thank you<3

I put in flute several times and got threads about food...and all sorts of other conversations it was just too much information overload. Finally I gave up and decided to post.

Thank you<3

NayaSurya
30 June 2011, 09:03 AM
Also want to add that I was very afraid I was losing hearing in this ear because of this ringing and I am so relieved this morning. Would love to understand why it is only the right ear and not both?

Mana
30 June 2011, 09:23 AM
Namast&#233; NayaSurya

Your devotion and love is always present it is an inspiration to us all!
That you have been called to Krishna in this way is truly inspirational. Your devotion is clearly lifting and enlightening to all.

Could it be that you have a new neighbour, versed in flute? ;)

Joking aside. The flute is one of the oldest artefacts found made by man I believe some bone flutes have been found which date as far back as 40 thousand years.

It is part of the Mediterranean culture that long before writing or printing was possible story's were passed on by verse, these bards/storytellers were often musicians playing also the flute. I should imagine that this was the case in other regions also. Although long before the maps were drawn.

I do not know but it could well be that the Vedic Seers played also on flutes. As they recited there verse.

It fills me with joy to read of your adventure, thank you for sharing with us NayaSury.

Iain

"And it's whispered that soon if we all call the tune Then the piper will lead us to reason. And a new day will dawn for those who stand long And the forests will echo with laughter. "

Stairway to Heaven. Led Zeppelin

Mana
30 June 2011, 09:42 AM
Namaste,
Just saw this today.
http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=606

Brilliant.

:) Great find SOV!

smaranam
30 June 2011, 10:03 AM
Namaste,

if anyone have more stories about this, please do not hesitate to post.

That was amazingly beautiful, NayaSurya. The fact that your daughter and son, and the other day your husband heard it means it was not only you internally catching the ahanat naad on anhat chakra, but was KrushNa playing to (calling) all of you. He is pleased with your devotion to Shiva just as Shiva gives surprise visits on being 'prasanna' with KrushNa's devotees.

Flute and kettle drums and all, but did you know He rings the door bell in KaliYug ? Yes, the modern doorbell.

He does these things.

Last year i heard a toddler running - thup thup thup thup - out of the blue.

Who ? It was the Shupleme Toddlel DAmodar. He snuggled up against me. So now You want to be DAmodar ? OK.
When He hasn't been the Baby for a while He will crawl into your lap out of the crib.

But guess Who imparts the most wisdom, rather than simply gracing the devotee with His association - no not always the Gita speaking Dwarkadheesh, no not RAdhA-ramaN either, it is BAl Gopal - the crawling infant with big Lotus Eyes.

----

If i tell people we roamed on (unknown to me) lands, rivers, seas and space, they will not believe it. Their problem.

If one tells about pAyal ki zankAr - anklet bells going chum chum, or Temple bells - that has happened with other devotees.

But weeks after those travels :

It was noon
The doorbell rang
she opened the door
in front of her eyes was the Supreme Truth in yellow pitambar
Vayjayanti haar crown of chintamaNi jewels and gold
she washed His Lotus Feet and stood aside
He graced the KaliYug stone floor straight to the ottoman
Smiling all the while He sat by the coffee table
(now who would dream of serving lunch at coffee tables and ottomans ?)
He ate a very simple lunch that was puri-bhaji shrikhand and more
Never to leave, first her heart and then her home
she was alone at home - how convenient one would say
So no one else heard the doorbell ?
nay
Only those who know and have faith will understand
without any need for witnesses, and...
i don't care what you think
Call me crazy, go ahead smile at each other and wink
This is just one of the Supreme Secrets i had not shared before
But alas the cat is out of the bag and perhaps the door

tum chhupA na sakoge Mai wo raaz hun
tum bhulA na sakoge wo andaaz hun
Mai hi Mai ab tumhare khayalon me basa
har sawalon me hun har jawaabon me hun

sun sako to suno dhadkanon ki jubaan
Mai yahAn hun yahAn hun yahAn hun yahAn...

I am the Secret you will not be able to hide
I am the Style you will never forget
It is Me and only Me in your thoughts,
I am in each of your questions and answers
(and wherever you look you will see Me)

Listen if you can to the language of the heartbeats
I am right here, right here, right here with you...

SOV
30 June 2011, 11:04 AM
:) Great find SOV!

Namaste mana,

I found it below this thread under similar threads section:)

NayaSurya
30 June 2011, 01:11 PM
Thank you again for your beautiful posts, as for my children...they believe, suddenly with a home built barely 10 years ago...that we are suddenly haunted...as before we were not.

Now, my lil daughter about two weeks ago began jumping off her bed and running to my room...she says she is hearing noises and is afraid. Everynight I have placed her back into bed and could find nothing wrong.

I tried explaning this Flute to the biggest doubter this morning, but I feel he thinks I am just being silly.

But, one lone day from now..these moments will build together to help him create his first rung on the ladder of his Belief of Beloved...and so I let him stew over them on his own just telling him what you all have said and the information given to me by you Beloved Portions.

I do know well that these things are exactly how we find Him!<3

Beloved Smaranam! That was the most wonderful stories and poetry.

Full of such Love<3