PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Namaste

ScarletRose
03 July 2011, 02:52 AM
Hello all. I've been on Hindu Dharma Forums for a few weeks now, but I'm just now deciding to introduce myself.

You can call me Scarlet, but it truly doesn't matter to me what you call me.

I'm fairly new to Sanatan Dharma, just discovering it about two months ago, but recalling a connection from years ago.

Years ago, in middle school, I was drawing a picture on the inside cover of a book, it was of a half crocodile and half dog creature, but for some reason I chose to name this creature Shiva. I hadn't known at that time that Shiva is a Hindu God until I saw him in a World History book in high school, and I don't recall seeing or hearing the name prior to that occurrence. Granted there may be a slim chance I picked up the name from somewhere else, but I doubt it.

So far it is the only path that I've tried that fits my personal beliefs really well and I actually do something with the path and its teachings (living by teachings and performing japa).

I am still learning and I hope to go far, I'm really enjoying the teachings of this beautiful set of paths.

I'm a very open person, so feel free to ask me any questions you have, I'll answer to the best of my ability.

If I've left anything out that you may be curious about, don't hesitate to ask.

Best to all,

ScarletRose

devotee
03 July 2011, 11:00 PM
Welcome to the forums, Scarlet ! :)

OM

Ramakrishna
03 July 2011, 11:39 PM
Namaste Scarlet,

Welcome to HDF. That's a wonderful story from your childhood. Truly wonderful is the Dance of Shiva! I look forward to your posts.

Jai Sri Ram

Obelisk
04 July 2011, 05:43 AM
Welcome to the forums, ScarletRose. :)

kallol
04 July 2011, 09:44 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the knowledge.

Love and best wishes

Onkara
04 July 2011, 11:11 AM
Welcome to the forums, Scarlet
I hope you feel free to share your thoughts and questions.

sunyata07
04 July 2011, 11:34 AM
Namaste Scarlet,

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your time here learning more about Sanatana Dharma. The people here are very nice and helpful, so don't be afraid to ask questions. :)

Om namah Shivaya

Friend from the West
04 July 2011, 11:43 AM
Namaste Scarlet,
Thanks for sharing your story. Welcome and I hope you enjoy your time here.
Rich

ScarletRose
04 July 2011, 06:43 PM
Thank you so much for your many welcomes, I can definitely tell that this is a great forum with many friendly people.

I hope the best for all of you