PDA

View Full Version : Fighting for the Truth?

Adhvagat
04 July 2011, 08:14 AM
This night I went to sleep very disturbed by a desire: I should fight for truth.

I must confess that sometimes I feel I have little purpose in this world and this ego needs to at least try to find something to feel "great" about.

The immature questioning wouldn't leave my head, it was like a hammer, that kept hitting me and hitting me: I should fight for the truth.

What is the truth? What is my truth? Do I know the truth? Will I ever? Even if I knew, would I be capable of upholding it?

I went to sleep so debilitated that my body temperature rose to pre-feverish states.

However I woke up with a very clear statement in my head, perhaps given to me, perhaps just "found" with already ingested information: You don't fight for truth, you become truth itself.

In this understanding becoming truth is higher, it's like sheer potency. Fighting for truth does not necessarily involves being truthful, being true to yourself, being self-realized, it can be a mistake, an injustified and out of place pride.

I don't really know why I'm writing all this, just like I don't know why I almost got feverish about it. If I say that it's higher than me, I need to make clear that this "me" is still very low. :)

Jainarayan
04 July 2011, 09:23 AM
Namaste Pietro. Congratulations. :)

I woke up with a very clear statement in my head ... You don't fight for truth, you become truth itself. ...

A corollary is that you lead by example; become truth and you show what truth is.

Thank you for inspiring and reminding me.

saidevo
04 July 2011, 09:26 AM
namaste PI.

The more we discover truth--even have an inkling about what we are likely to find--the less we will be inclined to fight. I would say that the real fight would be about what is untrue about us: you were feverish about it and then got over it; now that you are able to see these two sides, it is a sign of progress.

I read today in a book that all world philosophies generally aim as their summum bonum at one of these three goals: 1. extintiction of misery; 2. increasing lasting happiness; 3. realization of the self.

Since the last automaticallly leads to the former two, Vedanta has only that as its ultimate aim.

NayaSurya
04 July 2011, 10:46 AM
Your thoughts are so beautiful Pietro, you are such a goodly Portion...just that you are concerned shows what a truly wonderful Heart you have.

I very much agree with the wise Portions above that have posted...the more you know this Truth, the less you feel like upholding as it seems that even the struggle for justice and Truth is as a pan you hold to collect gold out of the stream.

As this world struggle to stay at a balance it jiggles and shakes from the friction of Portions and causes the gold(Truth) to rise to the top.<3

Onkara
04 July 2011, 11:12 AM
Nice, heart felt post, Pietro.
I am sure you will become what you seek. :)
Perhaps you can return to these thoughts of yours and post on your progress.