PDA

View Full Version : Third Eye Meditation

WTyler
07 July 2011, 08:22 PM
Any techniques or suggestions for building the minds eye?

Thank you,

Hare Om,

Tyler

devotee
07 July 2011, 10:39 PM
Namaste Tyler,

Third eye is a reality and it is not to be "built". You are born with it. However, you have to acquire high level of meditational depth to be able to "see" this eye.

This technique cannot be taught on a forum like this. You have to learn it from a qualified Guru. :)

OM

satay
07 July 2011, 11:00 PM
namaste,

Tyler

Please read 'Osho: The book of secrets'. I think you can find a pdf of the book somewhere on the net but I have a hardcover. And like devotee said, there is nothing to build there.

WTyler
08 July 2011, 12:10 AM
I actually have Book Of Secrets! Was just wondering if anyone else had any other in sight.

Thank you, friends.

brahman
09 July 2011, 12:31 AM

Thank you,

Hare Om,

Tyler

Dear Tyler,

Trataka trāṭaka (in Sanskrit, n., त्राटक, to look, or to gaze)
is a beautiful technique for channelizing energy towards Ajna Chakra, the third eye.

Benefits:
Trataka unlocks the inherent energy of the mind and channelizes it to the dormant areas of the unconscious. Yogi Swatmarama mentions the arousal of clairvoyance but other capacities such as telepathy, telekinesis, psychic healing, etc., can develop.

Not only that, further results of one-pointedness of mind are strong willpower, improved memory and concentrative ability. Physiologically, trataka relieves eye ailments such as eye strain and headache, myopia, astigmatism and even early stages of cataract. The eyes become clear bright, able to see the reality beyond appearances.

I have found two important articles for a detailed reference on Trataka 1 (http://www.yogamag.net/archives/2005/cmar05/tratak.shtml) 2 (http://www.yogamag.net/archives/1991/cmay91/tratak.shtml)

Please do not hesitate to reply if you find any practical difficulty in performing this useful exercise.

Love:)

WTyler
10 July 2011, 12:06 AM
Thank you Brahman! I forgot of the Trataka technique, it was one I had heard of yet never tried.

Thank you!