PDA

View Full Version : What Lord Ganesha has done......

ScarletRose
09 July 2011, 02:34 AM
for me without me even asking. Before I started following Sanatan Dharma I didn't exactly have the best of luck, good outcomes or such, nor was I as patient or at peace as I am now getting. I first noticed the peace and patience that is growing within me (which is useful being in college and going for special education) shortly after I began following this beautiful path. Learning what I've learned and performing japa have definitely helped me a lot, and i hope to continue.

I've adored Lord Ganesha and Lord Shiva for a some time now, starting off japa with originally reciting mantra's to Lord Shiva (now finding it easier to start with Ganesh first), so I believe they've helped me a lot with the patience and calmness (considering in western astrology I'm an aries, meaning I can be quite hot-headed). So I thank both for helping me with this, and I know I still have a long way to go and controlling my hot-headedness is going to take a lot of work.

I also want to thank Lord Ganesha for how he's been helping out bringing good luck to me and my family (not sure if he is good luck, but I've had much good luck when he is in my thoughts or I have his murti with me). We had numerous "lucky" events occur on our vacation, from a reduced restaurant bill (when it should have been more), to a free dessert, and to not having to pay to get into a national park that you would normally have to pay for. I also had the wonderful luck of being able to make it home (as I was driving) before the battery in my car decided to die on me, and the next day we were moving the car to try to jump start it and a man was kind enough to stop and help us (turns out he is a local mechanic so that was even luckier). We were hoping the problem wasn't an electrical problem, and we got lucky to find out it was the battery.

So without asking for anything Lord Ganesha, and I believe a bit of work from Lord Shiva as well, has helped me and my family a lot. So I perform japa for Lord Ganesha, but I wish there was more I could do to thank him for the patience, peace, memory (I"m actually remembering math I needed to remember to tutor these two girls in math), and luck he has brought. I really wish there was more I could do. Any ideas?

Eastern Mind
09 July 2011, 07:10 AM
. Any ideas?

Vannakkam Scarlet: What you are asking is the sending of 'thank you ' prayers. Its a common prayer. A donation in money or work to a temple would be how I'd do it. There are nice Ganesha temples in Toronto, New York, San Jose, Salt Lake City, Nashville, Edmonton, and probably a few more I don't know of. But since He resides at all temples somewhere, and one would do. Just a small donation like $5 or $10 coming from the heart is sufficient.

I would alseo suggest reading 'Loving Ganesha' by Himalayan Academy. It'll give you many more ideas.

Aum Namasivaya

Eastern Mind
11 July 2011, 07:43 AM
Vannakkam Scarlet Rose ... I'm just bumping this for you. You need 10 posts before everyone will see them right away. There's also a Ganesha temple in Phoenix.

Aum Namasivaya

sunyata07
11 July 2011, 04:33 PM
I would alseo suggest reading 'Loving Ganesha' by Himalayan Academy. It'll give you many more ideas.

Namaste Scarlet,

I second this suggestion! "Loving Ganesha" by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami is one of the best texts out there for Ganesha devotees. It really is worth having a look over, and it's written out very clearly, and simply. I learned so much about Ganesha in that book alone that would have taken me years otherwise. There's on online version available here if you're interested: http://www.himalayanacademy.com/resources/books/lg/lg_table_of_contents.html

Whenever I have a lucky streak or something good just happens to fall into my lap, I can't help it - I just automatically think of Sri Ganesha. Even mentally if I'm unable to do anything as a show of thanks straightaway, I say to Him "Thanks for watching out for me. Again." Of course, the odd little candy placed lovingly before His murti now and again is not something I'd imagine He'd say no to. ;)

Om namah Shivaya

Ramakrishna
13 July 2011, 11:07 PM
Namaste ScarletRose,

That is great to hear. Maha Ganapati is truly amazing! Remembering God throughout all those little things in life is so important. I third the suggestion of 'Loving Ganesha'. It is an amazingly informative and well-written book that is useful for all devotees of Lord Ganesha.

Jai Sri Ram

shantiseeker
30 July 2011, 08:17 AM
Namaste Scarlet,

I second this suggestion! "Loving Ganesha" by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami is one of the best texts out there for Ganesha devotees. It really is worth having a look over, and it's written out very clearly, and simply. I learned so much about Ganesha in that book alone that would have taken me years otherwise. There's on online version available here if you're interested: http://www.himalayanacademy.com/resources/books/lg/lg_table_of_contents.html

Whenever I have a lucky streak or something good just happens to fall into my lap, I can't help it - I just automatically think of Sri Ganesha. Even mentally if I'm unable to do anything as a show of thanks straightaway, I say to Him "Thanks for watching out for me. Again." Of course, the odd little candy placed lovingly before His murti now and again is not something I'd imagine He'd say no to. ;)

Om namah Shivaya

Yes-I am so appreciative of that website. I converted that book in fact to PDF files on my iPad and can now read it wherever I am. I get 99% of my books on Kindle now, and it did not have a Kindle edition so I was thrilled to be able to put it all into a PDF program I have. Ganesha is wonderful and I can't wait to learn more about Him.