PDA

View Full Version : Dedicating myself to this path....

heartfully
17 July 2011, 12:34 PM
_/|\_
Namaste...

Today is a very special day because it was this day last year that I felt called to become a devotee of the Goddess and to serve Her.

I would like to honor this day for another reason also. I am amazed that Ma answered some prayers I had where I felt like I could not move beyond what felt more like idol worship or an inability to understand Her beyond Her Form in the Aspect of Isis.

It is amazing She answered my prayer by causing me to click on a thread in this forum which talked about Her as an Energy or Force. It was an epiphany and the biggest aha moment of my spiritual journey. I see so clearly now who She is and I also see how much of Her is veiled because She is beyond our comprehension.

What would be a good way to celebrate this epiphany today as I dedicate myself to the Shakta path. It is soooo right for me and my eyes fill up with tears because it is so beautiful.

<3fully

sunyata07
17 July 2011, 01:55 PM
Namaste heartfully,

I'm glad for you that feel you have found happiness in your new path to God. Maybe you could celebrate by offering prayers to Mother Goddess in your thanks, or by conducting some kind of puja in Her honour? If there's a temple near where you live, maybe you could consider attending someday? May you find everlasting joy in Mother's embrace.

Om namah Shivaya

Arjuni
17 July 2011, 02:16 PM
Namasté, heartfully,

Blessings and best wishes to you on your special day! If I may add another suggestion to Sunyata's wonderful ideas, giving seems the right act to honour beautiful Shakti. Whether it is donating books to a library, money to an orphanage or school, even giving time to a friend who needs a hug, or feeding a hungry guest who comes to your door - Devi just gives and gives, in all of Her wondrous forms, gives us knowledge, prosperity, food and overwhelming love. Perhaps it's apt to show your gratitude by giving back to Her other children on this day. :)

Indraneela
===
Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

heartfully
17 July 2011, 02:18 PM
Are there particular prayers or mantras that would be good for today and also for daily prayers? I want to learn how to do Puja. I guess even if I don't perform it perfectly, She will know my intention.

Jai Ma!
<3full

Namaste heartfully,

I'm glad for you that feel you have found happiness in your new path to God. Maybe you could celebrate by offering prayers to Mother Goddess in your thanks, or by conducting some kind of puja in Her honour? If there's a temple near where you live, maybe you could consider attending someday? May you find everlasting joy in Mother's embrace.

Om namah Shivaya

heartfully
17 July 2011, 02:21 PM
Thank you! And I love your ideas about how I can give.

I know that She gives and gives and gives like you say. She answers prayers in profound ways. It was how I ended up a Shakta on this anniversary.

<3heart

Namasté, heartfully,

Blessings and best wishes to you on your special day! If I may add another suggestion to Sunyata's wonderful ideas, giving seems the right act to honour beautiful Shakti. Whether it is donating books to a library, money to an orphanage or school, even giving time to a friend who needs a hug, or feeding a hungry guest who comes to your door - Devi just gives and gives, in all of Her wondrous forms, gives us knowledge, prosperity, food and overwhelming love. Perhaps it's apt to show your gratitude by giving back to Her other children on this day. :)

Indraneela
===
Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

Eastern Mind
17 July 2011, 03:49 PM
Vannakkam Heartfully: Congratulations! Its like a first anniversary. Personally, I like giving for such occasions.

I heard or read somewhere once that the planet only has two kinds of people: the givers and the takers. I'd like to believe that with SD in our lives, we fall into the former category. Its good to have reminders.

Aum Namasivaya

Ramakrishna
17 July 2011, 11:11 PM
Namaste Heartfully,

That is great to hear. Excellent suggestions by everyone already, giving is always a great devotion. Best wishes on many more years in devotion to Devi.

Jai Sri Ram