PDA

View Full Version : Touched by the Lord?

Jainarayan
19 July 2011, 09:52 AM
My new activity while driving to work is listening to my collection of bhajans and mantras through the radio (I download them to my iPod and play them through the radio). They have a calming and uplifting effect. Sometimes if I've learned at least some of the words I'll sing or chant along with them.

At one point this one came on to play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ep4Y16cWeg&feature=view_all&list=PLB3BE02027997A81B&index=10

I was singing with it and all of a sudden I got choked up and had tears in my eyes. I felt so much love for the Lord, and I felt Him pervade me. I couldn't continue to sing with it, but just listen, wiping tears away. I have never felt that before in my life.

c.smith
19 July 2011, 11:32 AM
How fortunate you are to have the Lord's grace. May he continue to bless you with his presence.

Jainarayan
19 July 2011, 11:40 AM
Namaste, and thank you. If the whole world opened itself to accepting His grace and blessings the world would be a happier place.

smaranam
19 July 2011, 12:10 PM
That is wonderful, truly may the Lord cointinue to bless you always.

I love this video so much, the devotees involved in it are blessed. VAchhudevAya indeed !

Here is a song that does that to me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6JrW8e-FP0
It is KrushNa lyrics KrushNa singer KrushNa tune KrushNa raag KrushNa that i blame as the cause of tears for this song. You see KrushNa pervading the reason/cause. He is the cause of all causes. savra kAraNa kAraNam.

If the whole world opened itself to accepting His grace and blessings the world would be a happier place.

Aapke muh me ghee-shakkar. Find out what that means. In other words,
May the Lord say "tathAstu" to that.

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya ~

Jainarayan
19 July 2011, 12:45 PM
Namaste smaranam, and thank you. :)

That is wonderful, truly may the Lord cointinue to bless you always.

I love this video so much, the devotees involved in it are blessed. VAchhudevAya indeed !

Here is a song that does that to me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6JrW8e-FP0
It is KrushNa lyrics KrushNa singer KrushNa tune KrushNa raag KrushNa that i blame as the cause of tears for this song. You see KrushNa pervading the reason/cause. He is the cause of all causes. savra kAraNa kAraNam.

Beautiful! Added to my Bhajans playlist! :)

Aapke muh me ghee-shakkar. Find out what that means. In other words,
May the Lord say "tathAstu" to that.

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya ~

I think I got it... the Lord wishes it to happen, "so be it"; to have "butter and sugar", both sweet things to be blessed with. Kind of like "from your lips to God's ears" in English. I'm sure I lost something in the translation?

NayaSurya
19 July 2011, 01:29 PM
Such a sweet story<3

Jainarayan
19 July 2011, 01:46 PM
Such a sweet story<3

And a surprise! ;)

sunyata07
19 July 2011, 02:10 PM
Namaste Minotaur,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful experience of bhakti for the Lord. I also try to listen to at least one bhajan every day. I used to have a lot of trouble with experiencing this kind of emotion in the past. As a child, I rarely cried for anything. You could say I was sometimes emotionally dead. So when this first happened to me, I was absolutely perplexed and not a little frightened either. Only later did I realise what these tears meant. I remember also the words of my teacher about how 5 minutes of shedding tears of love and joy for God is the same as an hour of meditation. No wonder they say that bhakti yoga is the easiest way to liberation.

Om namah Shivaya

Jainarayan
19 July 2011, 02:23 PM
Only later did I realise what these tears meant. I remember also the words of my teacher about how 5 minutes of shedding tears of love and joy for God is the same as an hour of meditation. No wonder they say that bhakti yoga is the easiest way to liberation.

Om namah Shivaya

Now, that's beautiful too. :)

I listen to my bhajans playlist at work, and during my commute. I have them on shuffle and autoplay, so they just keep shuffling and looping. I never get tired of them, and I'm always adding more. :)

Ramakrishna
19 July 2011, 11:17 PM
Namaste Minotaur,

That sounds like a great experience! Obviously you have shown great bhakti in the short time you have been Hindu. I have never had an experience like this with crying, but I now I know several Hindus who have.

Maybe one day... :)

Jai Sri ram

Jainarayan
20 July 2011, 11:25 AM
Namaste Minotaur,

That sounds like a great experience! Obviously you have shown great bhakti in the short time you have been Hindu.

Jai Sri ram

I think it's always been there, the bhakti and being Hindu, that is. I never let myself see it or show it. When things are bottled up, sometimes it only takes a small thing to pop the cork, so to speak.

I wish the same for you, and everyone too. ;)