PDA

View Full Version : Gita on iPad or iPod?

satay
24 July 2011, 09:32 PM
namaste,
anyone know of a version of Gita compatible with iPad or iPod?

shantiseeker
01 August 2011, 10:17 PM
Yes!! There a bunch if you look under the category of "Books" in the app store. The one I have is called the Bhagavad Gita by Krishna Varma. It's an iPod/iPhone book app which I just run on my iPad at 2X. (it's not optimized for iPad but I don't find it a big deal). And by the way-it's FREE. Easiest way to find it is to go to the App Store and in search, just type in Krishna Varma. I like it very much as it is one verse to one page, helping me focus and not jump ahead. And that format alone makes it a great reading experience on the smaller screen of my iPhone.

satay
01 August 2011, 10:46 PM
Namaste and Thank you Shanti.

shantiseeker
02 August 2011, 08:46 AM
My pleasure. I also have a paid book version on the Kindle app on both my iPhone and iPad, but it's not parsed out by verse, so I rather prefer the other version. I also have a free PDF version for my iPad, as I have a program that will save PDF files which can be read from that program or opened in one of my free PDF readers. The nuances in translation are interesting, and the PDF one breaks it into verses too, though not on a separate page, but still better for focus as opposed to all together. That's just a personal preference for me. I doubt now that I will use the Kindle one, but such is life.

Shanti
17 August 2011, 05:09 PM
Namaste,

I have a few different free Gita apps on my Iphone. I just did a search in the apps for Bhagvad Gita and several popped up. I've been very pleased with them. I can often times read chapters here and there while waiting at some of the kids' activities and on long car trips.

~S

shantiseeker
18 August 2011, 08:31 AM
Shanti--
That's one reason why I love the Krishna Varma Gita app, as it displays one verse at a time for an easy read on my iPhone, like on break at work, in between work when I have but a moment, etc. I tote my iPad to work daily too but almost always it's my iPhone that is used for a quick glance as it's right there on my desk.