PDA

View Full Version : HDFNewsBot

satay
26 December 2006, 02:13 PM
namaste all,
As you may have noticed that there is a new member among us known as 'HDFNewsBot'. This member's sole purpose is to search for news related to hinduism on the internet. This automated bot has been doing its duty since I activated it a few weeks ago.

I need feedback your feedback on the news links it searches for us.

Do you find the current news links interesting or would you like me expand or narrow the focus of search for the bot?

Do you even find this activity of having news links posted here on HDF or you would rather not have it here?

Your feedback will help me decide if we should continue with the newsbot's activities.

Thank you for your continued support and feedback.

Agnideva
26 December 2006, 03:44 PM
Do you find the current news links interesting or would you like me expand or narrow the focus of search for the bot?

Do you even find this activity of having news links posted here on HDF or you would rather not have it here?

I like the newsbot so far. Two questions: 1) can it post all the news in one message? 2) Is is possible for it to post the whole articles instead of just the links? A couple of times, I noticed that the links have expired.

satay
27 December 2006, 11:45 AM
I like the newsbot so far. Two questions: 1) can it post all the news in one message? 2) Is is possible for it to post the whole articles instead of just the links? A couple of times, I noticed that the links have expired.

I have researched your questions and
1. this is not possible at this time. the software only allows the items to be posted as different threads. I know this clutters the forum but I could not find any solution to correct this problem. Obviously, it could be done by custom coding but I am finding that custom coding creates a lot of work at the time of upgrade of software. I will continue to look into this.

2. This might be possible with a modification of a tag. I will look in detail.