PDA

View Full Version : Respects to Lord Narasimha

WTyler
24 July 2011, 11:31 PM
Upon meditations, often I will set another cushion out for Sri Narasimha, and ask for him to protect me during my meditation and throughout my day.

I also invite him to sit and meditate along side me.

Could this be considered a negative thing in any way? I'd hope not as I mean it as such a kind gesture.

Can anyone else tell me any respects you may pay to this incarnation before worship?

devotee
25 July 2011, 10:38 PM
Upon meditations, often I will set another cushion out for Sri Narasimha, and ask for him to protect me during my meditation and throughout my day.

Could this be considered a negative thing in any way? I'd hope not as I mean it as such a kind gesture.

It is perfectly OK. However, it sure brings a smile on my face to think that you are asking Him to meditate. :)

OM

smaranam
27 July 2011, 06:20 PM
Namaste WTyler

Fine.

Why should He, The Supreme Lord meditate ? And on whom ? Chanting the MahaMantra is inviting KrushNa, certainly, but we don't ask Him to meditate.

Can anyone else tell me any respects you may pay to this incarnation before worship?

You can sing/chant the NarsiMha praNAm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QuyuW_j2UM&feature=related

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60274&postcount=4

Keshav dhrita narahari rUpa
Jai Jagadisha Hare ~
Jai Jagadisha Hare ~
Jai Jagadisha Hare ~

jaswant
04 August 2011, 07:16 AM
Namaste W Tyler ,

This reminds me of my trip to India - i was kindly put up by a family and was sleeping in the prayer room. - the mother asked her little boy to do the offering of food to the lord. The little boy offerd in this way - i am paraphrasing --

"thakuaji you are lucky today because i am comming to offer the food today, you don't know my mother she would make you eat this kerrala (which is bitter) by force .. she does this to me... but i will just take it out so you don't have to eat this bitter kerrala. this sabji is nice rather eat that "

That was comming from the boys heart and i think it was so sweet... so if you invite the lord with all your heart he will no doubt respond !

yours

Jayadev

Flowing Along
13 December 2011, 03:32 AM
Namaste WTyler
I think you are doing right.There is a form of Narasimha called
Yoga Narasimha . He has shrines in many places in TN and near by states in India.
Sholingar shrine in TN India is a famous one.
I am not able to post images-pls google check Yoga Narasimha for his image.

You can make a seat for him in front of you and do " guided " meditation.
I imagine my Gurudev sits before me when I meditate.I ask for guidance and protection.
It is said Sri Narasimha manifests for his devotees then and there -no waiting period needed.

uttam
30 December 2011, 11:54 AM
is Narasimha a different entity from Sri Krishna ? Sri Krishna is Narasimha or Narasimha is Sri Krishna - which is correct ? if same ,why make difference between same thing ? if defferent, for what purpose Narasimha is worshiped ? is worshiping Sri Krishna not good enough

ceedaar
24 July 2012, 05:04 AM
is Narasimha a different entity from Sri Krishna ? Sri Krishna is Narasimha or Narasimha is Sri Krishna - which is correct ? if same ,why make difference between same thing ? if defferent, for what purpose Narasimha is worshiped ? is worshiping Sri Krishna not good enough

you are asking a different question. if you read the various post out here, each of the learned persons in this forum and outside are telling that they are various ways to the ultimate thruth. you can take narsimha route or rama route or shri krishna route, they all end at the utlimate truth which is lord krushna for some , devi for some and narayana for some
regards

Jai Sriman narayanaya.

Viraja
24 July 2012, 11:01 AM
Uttam,

As you might know, Krishna, Narasimha are all different avataras of Sri Vishnu. It is a question I have whether they exist in separate forms or not.

People are said to be drawn to a particular diety based on innate inclinations though they are forms of the same god. (For example, the D-20 or Vimsamsa chart - a sub-divisional chart in Vedic astrology is said to show one's spiritual inclinations and thus the 5th house in this chart is said to show the diety one will feel drawn towards worshipping..).

Besides, according to Sri Muralidhara Swamiji (Pl. google to find out about him) - a known spiritualist offering discourses on various topics related to Hindu dharma and who has constructed several temples, in one of his recent speech said that people can worship Shri Rama for winning over / getting rid of one's enemies, Shri Panduranga Vittaleswara (a form of Krishna) for gaining knowledge in Shastras, Sri Ranganatha (Vishnu in his original form) for attaining moksha and so forth... That being said, all these avataras of Vishnus are full-blown and powerful gods themselves who are capable of bestowing any boons. People are told by jyotishis to worship Narasimha when they are in undue danger for their lives, to win over court cases, to overcome defamation, to get rid of debts and diseases, however Narasimha is fully capable of bestowing other boons as well. Like to Sri Badrachalam Ramadasa, Sri Rama helped him out of imprisonment by giving golden coins to his captor, Sri Panduraga has helped his devotees by doing chores for them like cooking, cleaning (story of Janabhai), he has also given lots of money to a suffering devotee and so forth with other dieties...

So it is upto oneself for choosing a particular form of diety.

It is also a fact that Rama is the lord for planet Sun, Vamana for Jupiter, Kurma for Saturn, Varaha for Rahu, Matsya for Ketu, Narasimha for Mars, Parasurama for Venus, Balarama for Gulika (a planet like Mandi - Saturn's son who causes troubles), Krishna for Moon and Kalki for Budha. (Swami Vedanta Desikan in his Dashavatara Stotra). Thus people worship these specific dieties as advised to get over problem from specific planets sometimes.

ShriBala
24 July 2012, 11:09 AM
is Narasimha a different entity from Sri Krishna ?

NO

Sri Krishna is Narasimha or Narasimha is Sri Krishna - which is correct ?

Both are.

if same ,why make difference between same thing ?

Why not? You call your dad DAd, your kid grandad etc. The different epithets refer to the same person.

if defferent, for what purpose Narasimha is worshiped ?

Some say for destroying one's internal enemies and negativity.

is worshiping Sri Krishna not good enough

for whom?