PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between Sat Yug and Kali Yug

AmIHindu
08 August 2011, 09:23 PM
Namaste,

In Sanatan Dharma, there are 4 Yugs. I believe present time is Kali Yug. I heard that Sat Yug was very good time whereas Kali yug is very bad time.

I am not sure what is specific difference between Sat Yug and Kali Yug.
Many HDF members are very good at itihaas as well at shastras. Please share, What was Sat Yug and What is Kali yug, and what is difference between two.

Adhvagat
10 August 2011, 04:37 PM
Lemurian Scrolls, Chapter 27:

327 ¶The kundalini force during the transition of the Kali Yuga to the Sat Siva Yuga appears in the Second World as a great massive oil, slowly permeating body and mind, trees and foliage, in a great mass awakening, as did happen before on this planet when the Sat Yuga began. In the beginning of the Sat Siva Yuga the advancement will be rapid. As this begins to happen, the population will come to know the laws of life, transition and reincarnation and have mental facility to quickly adjust to the rapid changes, externally and internally, of one age fading into the other, giving new stability, peace, security and contentment.

328 ¶The sense of separateness will begin to fade as man is able to travel and communicate one with another once again. People will become more friendly one to another because they will see more deeply into one another. People will be calm, strong and full of love and understanding as a result of this mass awakening of the kundalini force. No one culture or system will try to impose itself on another again. A common desire for peace among beings will persist, and man's wants will be few, for his fulfillment will come from the inside. It is predicted that the Kali Yuga will begin when the first human kills another and will actually end in its fullness when this process of killing one another ceases, as the power of the Sat Siva Yuga is felt more eminently through the even distribution of kundalini primal force pervading all beings. The veiling between the three worlds will fade. Transcendental beings will occasionally be seen, and then the turmoil that is beginning now in the Second World will cease. Those who first emerge, in groups small but strong, here and there around the planet, will be extremely careful in their dealings one with another, so that no traces of Kali Yuga habit patterns are allowed to persist among them. The first signs of this awakening will be a religious revival of the different religions. The religions will eventually merge into one, as the people will be one, due to the same existing awakening.

Lemurian Scrolls, written through the inner visions of Shivaya Subramunyaswami is a great resource if you wanna investigate the subtle differences in mentality between yugas. The first chapters of this book (1 to 4) are very interesting as well but I don't remember specific quotes.

You can read it all here: http://www.himalayanacademy.com/resources/books/ls/ls_table_of_contents.html

Eastern Mind
10 August 2011, 05:00 PM
Vannakkam: I wish I could time travel. Then I could answer in some sort of experiential way. :)

Aum Namasivaya