PDA

View Full Version : Inspired by Scarlet Rose's thread about losing our faith

Jainarayan
10 August 2011, 12:51 PM
We know how ocd I can be, but this inspired me, to the point of tears (I know, I cry at everything :rolleyes: ).

I didn't know where to put this, but I wanted to share this, if anyone would like it. I found a better text than I previously posted. This is the sort of thing I do at work. No, not for a living, I just do it at work. :Roll:

I am going to make a 5x7 or 8x10 of it. The resolution may not come out sharp on my printer, so I may take it to a photography center.

Here you go...

zenvicky
10 August 2011, 01:24 PM
Golden words....nothing to say more!

sunyata07
10 August 2011, 03:55 PM
Namaste,

These are certainly words to move even the hardest heart to tears. I wish everyone could read this - Hindu and non-Hindu - to let them know they are never alone. Such comfort it would give to all troubled and unhappy souls.

Om namah Shivaya

Jainarayan
10 August 2011, 04:08 PM
It's a very old poem, from the 1930s, written by a young girl. It was never copyrighted, hence the different versions. The original only makes a reference to Lord. I truly did read one the other day referring to Sri Krishna, hence my artwork and rendering of the poem.

RosemaryOs
10 August 2011, 04:28 PM
It sounds to me like you are a bit depressed. Lack of money and means can make a person depressed--especially when you are doing the best you can and trying to reach a goal in order to better your life. (Can you tell I've been there, too?). It seemed to me during my college years that almost everybody had it easier than I did. I did everything right, by the book, and nothing worked out. I may have even gotten mad at God for breaking a bargain (all mental projections).

Just take it easy, be nice to yourself and have faith in patience. In my opinion (just my opinion) it couldn't hurt for you to give a nod to your chosen Deity every now and then, to let them know you are aware. But meditation you know, is for you, not for them.

Just be kind to yourself....

Ramakrishna
10 August 2011, 10:32 PM
Namaste TBTL,

Very moving. I read one version of this a while back. It is a great reminder to us that God truly is always there with us.

Jai Sri Ram