PDA

View Full Version : hello

heather.s
11 August 2011, 07:39 AM
Hello all! New here and your forum is very informative! Look forward to reading more :)

Eastern Mind
12 August 2011, 01:43 PM
Hello all! New here and your forum is very informative! Look forward to reading more :)

Vannakkam heather: Welcome to HDF. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Aum Namasivaya

Mana
12 August 2011, 01:46 PM
Namasté heather.s

Pleased to meet you.

Mana

sunyata07
12 August 2011, 02:04 PM
Namaste Heather,

You're very welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Om namah Shivaya

charitra
12 August 2011, 03:40 PM
Namaste Heather,
Welcome to hinduism. I shall forward some specific info in near future guiding you about your proposed mandir visit. Some form of introductory program is available to new worshippers. I shall ask a friend if you can join youth group (sunday classes to commence next month) and get acquainted with the rituals etc. Please do read about the doctrines that form the core structure of hindu belief system.

The worry and anxiety you expressed are quite unnecessary. Relax, you will witness a very informal atmosphere once you enter the mandir (temple in sanskrit). Only a tiny fraction of contemporary hindus understand sanskrit, although many words in their native languages are directly adopted from it, it is rare to see 2 individuals conversing in sanskrit , just so you know it. Shanti.

c.smith
12 August 2011, 03:58 PM
Hari Om and welcome!

Ramakrishna
12 August 2011, 09:10 PM
Namaste Heather,

Welcome to HDF! Hopefully you will learn a lot about Sanatana Dharma here.

Jai Sri Ram

Friend from the West
12 August 2011, 10:50 PM
Namaste,
Greetings and welcome to HDF Heather. Please share with us your experience with your visit. I hope you enjoy your time here.
Peace.
FFTW