PDA

View Full Version : Itihasas as History - Some Possible Support

Kismet
11 August 2011, 03:12 PM
My mind has recently been busy trying to square the findings of modern archaeology with the far-ranging histories chronicled in the Itihasas.

I think I have found a solution.

In quantum mechanics there is something called the "Many-Worlds Interpretation." The foremost implication of this theory is that history is not strictly linear but has many branch-points from which countless (perhaps infinitely many) worlds become actualized.

Is it possible that history isn't just one story - but many stories - all in superposition to each other in the form of possibilities that are each actualized adjacently to their own particularized periods?

This graphic may help:

http://filipinofreethinkers.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/350px-MWI_Schrodingers_cat.png

Imagine Schroedinger's Cat replaced by Narasingha bursting out of the pillar in the left-turning frame. Now, imagine that history being contiguous to a history in which that event didn't happen.

Unbelievable? Even great philosophers like David Lewis held possible worlds in high regard and to be just as real as our own.

Thoughts?