PDA

View Full Version : Rudraksha mala

Jainarayan
12 August 2011, 10:24 AM
I just placed my order for my puja items (brass thali, bowls, kalash, panchapatra and pali, hand bell, diya). I can't wait for them. :)

But because it was from Rudra Centre, as a free gift for the amount I spent (all that for just $40), I was entitled to a rudraksha mala. I already have a mala of unknown wooden beads.

Though Sri Krishna is my Ishtadeva and I do japa to Him, I see all deities as manifestations of One God. Would it be OK to use the rudraksha mala to do japa to Sri Krishna? Or should I do something else with the rudraksha mala, like give it to someone, or just keep it as another holy item?

c.smith
12 August 2011, 01:21 PM
Hari Om!

Many won't like this answer, but being a Saivite myself, I've always been told to see all the other gods as manifestations of Lord Shiva. I go into a Krishna temple and I see Shiva, etc. So rudraksha, my personal opinion is yes, but I'm certain that I stand to be corrected by more learned members.

By the way, I've always had success with the vendor you chose. I think that you will be pleased.

Jainarayan
12 August 2011, 01:52 PM
Hari Om!

Many won't like this answer, but being a Saivite myself, I've always been told to see all the other gods as manifestations of Lord Shiva. I go into a Krishna temple and I see Shiva, etc. So rudraksha, my personal opinion is yes, but I'm certain that I stand to be corrected by more learned members.

True, some may agree with you and some may not. I'm approaching its use cautiously, hence my question. If there is a really profound reason to not use it, it will be good to learn something.

By the way, I've always had success with the vendor you chose. I think that you will be pleased.

Excellent. I was really pleased with the selection of puja items. I found exactly what I was looking for, what I couldn't find on Indian Gifts Portal or the Krishna Store.

Lakshmi1991
24 August 2011, 04:48 PM
Namaste everyone,

I have a question about wearing a Rudraksha, not a Rudraksha mala, but a Rudraksha pendant.

What should you do when someone have touched your Rudraksha?

<~Jai Mata Di~>

Amala
18 April 2012, 07:28 AM
Namaste,

I am looking for a rudraksha mala, but I see so many varieties - even for the simplest kind. Could someone kindly advise me?

http://www.rudracentre.com/Search/Rudraksha/Rudraksha-bead-rosaries/Rudraksha-small-bead-rosaries--regular-/1/9/28/1

Thank you

Eastern Mind
18 April 2012, 07:44 AM
Vannakkam: If its for japa, and not to wear, select one with spacers between the beads. I find they are easier to push over the finger.

Aum Namasivaya

Amala
18 April 2012, 07:49 AM
Namaste EM, So, the traditional knotted kind is an example of one with spacers? Or do you mean specifically with smaller beads in between?

Vannakkam: If its for japa, and not to wear, select one with spacers between the beads. I find they are easier to push over the finger.

Aum Namasivaya

Eastern Mind
18 April 2012, 07:54 AM
Vannakkam: Yes.

I do have a favorite purchase place though, because I've been to the trees they come from. They are more expensive, but I absolutely trust the authenticity, have watched the seeds being drilled, strung, washed, etc.

It's difficult from on-line, because you can't tell how it 'feels' both to the fingers, and to the soul.

Aum Namasivaya

Amala
18 April 2012, 09:40 AM
Namaste again EM,

That makes sense, to pick them out in person. Turns out a friend of mine in India picked some out for me at a temple. We'll see how they are. Of course, if one has never held some that 'feel right' I suppose one is as good as the next.

I do like my Buddhist mala. My teacher says he thinks it's tulasi, but it was advertised as sandalwood. I'm giving them away, though. My sister admired them so I think it's best to let them go to her. :-)

Thank you for your input!

Vannakkam: Yes.

I do have a favorite purchase place though, because I've been to the trees they come from. They are more expensive, but I absolutely trust the authenticity, have watched the seeds being drilled, strung, washed, etc.

It's difficult from on-line, because you can't tell how it 'feels' both to the fingers, and to the soul.

Aum Namasivaya

Mana
22 April 2012, 12:05 PM
Namaste Amala,

Of course if you have some Rudraksha on the way already this will be of little relevance, none the less a good addition to the thread.

I used this website to purchase my mAlA, they were a little abrupt when I transmitted the specification given by my diksha guru and didn't really come through with the goods I was none the less able to adapt the order to my needs, which has worked out fine.

You can chose the headbead from a selection, it arrived packaged well; all authentic.

These people could be good for a comparison. Their internet purchasing protocol felt very safe.

Rudraksha blessings.
(http://rudrablessings.com/search_cat.asp?catid=1)
praNAma

mana

Amala
22 April 2012, 12:50 PM
Namaste Mana,

Thank you. Now that I have considered others' stance on choosing these, I will be more alert as to the sensation of the mala. But I also believe that we somehow wind up with things that serve us in some capacity. So we'll see. Either way, I checked out the site. I found their form to send with an explanation of your reason for wanting it. Interesting that they ask for marital status. I wrote "married to shiva". I don't really feel it's any of their concern. But I do feel that what I wrote is exactly how I feel. :-) In the end, it's up to me to determine what is for me, no matter how man "experts" might beg to differ. Still, no harm in getting extra input. :-)

always enjoy reading your posts :cool1: Very helpful!

Namaste Amala,

Of course if you have some Rudraksha on the way already this will be of little relevance, none the less a good addition to the thread.

I used this website to purchase my mAlA, they were a little abrupt when I transmitted the specification given by my diksha guru and didn't really come through with the goods I was none the less able to adapt the order to my needs, which has worked out fine.

You can chose the headbead from a selection, it arrived packaged well; all authentic.

These people could be good for a comparison. Their internet purchasing protocol felt very safe.

Rudraksha blessings. (http://rudrablessings.com/search_cat.asp?catid=1)

(http://rudrablessings.com/search_cat.asp?catid=1)
praNAma

mana

Arjuni
22 April 2012, 01:59 PM
Namasté,

Amala, I am just taking a guess here, but I think that one's marital status is indeed relevant to prescribing the correct rudrākṣa for wearing.

As an example, Lord Indra is associated with two different beads: the 13-mukhi and the 11-mukhi. The 13 is sacred to both Indra and Kāma and is worn for worldly success, wealth, prosperity, desire, and attraction, among other purposes. Someone looking for a mate, wishing to fulfil life ambitions or increase personal charisma, or seeking to increase happiness in a marriage, would do well to wear a 13. However, the 11 has the energies of both Indra and Hanuman, as well as the eleven Rudras. It is good for control of the senses, determination in work, the practice of brahmacarya, and deeds requiring strength, fearlessness, and will, and would be far better suited to someone seeking a spiritual rather than a worldly life.

So it does seem best to give a specific idea of your life situation and goals, so that the proper recommendations can be made.

At any rate, I like what you wrote to them! And I hope they recommend something appropriate for your spiritual practice, and to honour and bring you closer to your beloved Śiva. :)

Indraneela
===
Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

Amala
22 April 2012, 02:35 PM
Namaste Indraneela and all,

ahhhh... now I see. Yes, that could make sense, but seems a narrow view of what one's priorities might be. Buddha was married, after all. Still, they ask for further information which would give one the opportunity to clarify...

Thanks for the additional information. I'm sure they will have useful feedback. :-)

"your beloved Śiva" that has such a nice ring to it :-)

Namast&#233;,

Amala, I am just taking a guess here, but I think that one's marital status is indeed relevant to prescribing the correct rudrākṣa for wearing.

As an example, Lord Indra is associated with two different beads: the 13-mukhi and the 11-mukhi. The 13 is sacred to both Indra and Kāma and is worn for worldly success, wealth, prosperity, desire, and attraction, among other purposes. Someone looking for a mate, wishing to fulfil life ambitions or increase personal charisma, or seeking to increase happiness in a marriage, would do well to wear a 13. However, the 11 has the energies of both Indra and Hanuman, as well as the eleven Rudras. It is good for control of the senses, determination in work, the practice of brahmacarya, and deeds requiring strength, fearlessness, and will, and would be far better suited to someone seeking a spiritual rather than a worldly life.

So it does seem best to give a specific idea of your life situation and goals, so that the proper recommendations can be made.

At any rate, I like what you wrote to them! And I hope they recommend something appropriate for your spiritual practice, and to honour and bring you closer to your beloved Śiva. :)

Indraneela
===
Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

Mana
22 April 2012, 03:09 PM
Namaste Amala,

Yes ones status in life is very important when considering mAlA, there is a very strong link to Ayurveda and of course Jyotish, Rudraksha help greatly the heart.

You may receive the suggestion of a 108 x 5 Mukhi (face) rudraksha mAlA, these represent Śiva.

I have a 10 Mukti headbead which represents Vishnu with 5 mukti counting beads, but also it simply helps to calm the mind and protect from demons. I have pearls too for the Moon in my chart and again for the mind, I find these to be fantastic as I love the change of texture between the pearl and rudraksha, the touch also polishes the it helps me when doing multiple rounds, to keep count; that I might concentrate my attention to the intensity.

I have heard it said that the rough edges of the Rudraksha act on pressure points on the fingers and skin. But the different combinations are important for differing effects.

I both wear mine and use them for meditation, my life has changed for the better since doing so.

I hope that they are helpful to you, the website that is; I am sure that the rudraksha will be! :)

praNAma

mana

Aum Namaḥ Śivāya

Amala
23 April 2012, 09:07 AM
Namaste Mana,

Well, I hope that my responses are okay. While I am single in the legal sense, my mind and heart are so devoted to Shiva that I am not available for a relationship with a man. That, in my mind, is most important in terms of relationship status. If that's not adequate, I assume they will contact me with questions. I was surprised when they asked for the purpose/problem. I don't really believe in problems except living outside God's 'energy' so I really couldn't come up with anything other than wanting to live more closely within that energy. I'll keep you posted, if interested. While I consider myself a rather private person, I'm very open with these things because I believe others can benefit from seeing others' experiences. :-)

Thanks for clarifying these things for me. :)

Namaste Amala,

Yes ones status in life is very important when considering mAlA, there is a very strong link to Ayurveda and of course Jyotish, Rudraksha help greatly the heart.

You may receive the suggestion of a 108 x 5 Mukhi (face) rudraksha mAlA, these represent Śiva.

I have a 10 Mukti headbead which represents Vishnu with 5 mukti counting beads, but also it simply helps to calm the mind and protect from demons. I have pearls too for the Moon in my chart and again for the mind, I find these to be fantastic as I love the change of texture between the pearl and rudraksha, the touch also polishes the it helps me when doing multiple rounds, to keep count; that I might concentrate my attention to the intensity.

I have heard it said that the rough edges of the Rudraksha act on pressure points on the fingers and skin. But the different combinations are important for differing effects.

I both wear mine and use them for meditation, my life has changed for the better since doing so.

I hope that they are helpful to you, the website that is; I am sure that the rudraksha will be! :)

praNAma

mana

Aum Namaḥ Śivāya

ShivaFan
25 April 2012, 11:54 PM
This Rudrasha Centre is a good discovery, Thanks! I have ordered a nice small bead set 9mm 108 plus 1. Not that it matters, these beads come from Java. I would also like to get a set picked from India.

Jai Annapurna Devi who I think of for the next 108 hours

Mana
26 April 2012, 12:15 AM
Namaste Brian,

Thank you for pointing that out, are you revering to Rudraksha Blessings?
They did seem to be very business minded, but not in a bad way.

So very true that to wear a set from the Himalayas would be wonderful. I should like to visit one day :) I am sure that this would add to the charm and increase the soothing effect.

praNAma

mana

bijugeorge456
18 October 2012, 07:26 AM
I just placed my order for my puja items (brass thali, bowls, kalash, panchapatra and pali, hand bell, diya). I can't wait for them. :)

But because it was from Rudra Centre, as a free gift for the amount I spent (all that for just $40), I was entitled to a rudraksha mala. I already have a mala of unknown wooden beads.

Though Sri Krishna is my Ishtadeva and I do japa to Him, I see all deities as manifestations of One God. Would it be OK to use the rudraksha mala to do japa to Sri Krishna? Or should I do something else with the rudraksha mala, like give it to someone, or just keep it as another holy item?

Thanks u i m also one of the custumer of Rudra centre .U can used that rudraksha mala (http://www.rudraksha-ratna.com) for krishna japa or any other dieties japa .:) :Cool:

aniroy2012
31 December 2012, 09:21 AM
Namaste Everyone,

I am searching for genuine Rudrakshas for some time mainly as a remedy for health issues for my mother. Being inexperienced in recognizing a genuine one from shops, I was thinking of buying it online. A bit of research didnt exactly convinced me which of the sites do supply genuine Rudrakshas. All of them claim they are authentic, however, there are tremendous inconsistency in the prices of the Rudrakshas. It differs from site to site.

I figured out 4 sites after a bit of online searching. They are
a) omrudra (the cheapest)
b) rudralife (most expensive - allmost three times that of omrudra)
c) rudra centre
d) rudra blessings

I request fellow members, can you please share your knowledge or experience on any of the sites mentioned above in terms of authenticity and genuineness? Also, most of them claim they do puja or energize the rudrakshas before sending them to the buyer? How much truth is there in this claim?

I believe, at the end of the day its the wish of the great Lord Shiva, whether I will be getting genuine Rudrakshas or not...

Best Regards and thanks in advance...

ShivaFan
01 January 2013, 12:02 AM
Namaste Aniroy2012

I am sure all four you listed (Om Rudra, Rudra Life, Rudra Centre and Rudra Blessings) sell legitimate Rudrakshas and not fakes. So I do not think that is a worry!

I have not ordered from of those you list however, but I do order from Rudra Centre (Rudra Centre www.rudaksha-ratna.com (http://www.rudaksha-ratna.com)) and I like their quality a lot. But even more than that, they always provide very useful and detailed information on the product you have ordered, and they provide wonderful little books with the order such as “POWER OF RUDRAKSHA – The Ancient Power Bead”. Here are some examples from this little book:

“Rudraksha comes from 1 to 21 mukhis, but Rudraksha of 1 to 15 mukhis are commonly found. Now mukhis from 22 upwards are also found every few years in small quantity ….
“ The five-faced Rudraksha are found easily and abundantly …
“The term ‘Rudraksha’ itself symbolizes Lord Shiva. ‘Rudra’ stands for Lord Shiva and ‘Aksha’ for Shiva’s tears ….
“One Mukhi From Java: One mukhi Rudraksha is ruled by Mahadev Himself. Enlightens the Super Consciousness. Destroys all sins and leads one to liberation. One mukhi rudraksha is Sakshat Siva swarupa. The wearer elevatges in awareness and merges with the absolute consciousness of the divine. It is only grace of Lord Shiva and divine karmas that a person gets to wear this rare bead. One who wears it surely goes to path of Moksha. The wearer’s mind begins to concentrate on the Supreme Element that is Partattva Dharana cha jayate Tatprakashnam thus the discoverers of Aatma Tattva must wear One Mukhi Rudraksha. The person who wears this has all worldly pleasures at his feet but remains unaffected by them. On a physical level this bead cures migraines and diseases of the brain. Scientific tests have proved that this bead has immense power and is the true equivalent to the mythological 1 mukhi round. MANTRA: OM NAMAH SHIVAYE. RULING GOD: Shiva. RULING PLANET: All. BENEFITS: Spiritual enlightenment. Divine powers of manifestation.”

Their prices are reasonable. They have Rudraksha from Java and Nepal. Personally, I would like to get Rudraksha from India, but these Java and Nepali beads are high quality and effective.
I have not had any problems with my orders.

Om Namah Sivaya

aniroy2012
01 January 2013, 11:32 AM
Thank You ShivaFan, appreciate your time and effort in recommending me this site. I have checked it out and got couple of questions. I find there is considerable price difference between Nepalese and Java Rudraksha beads. Any idea why is the price difference? The Java ones are cheaper than Nepal beads. Secondly, do Java beads has got the same power and efficiency as Nepal beads?

Best Regards

Jainarayan
01 January 2013, 11:55 AM
Namaste.

...I do order from Rudra Centre (Rudra Centre www.rudaksha-ratna.com (http://www.rudaksha-ratna.com)) and I like their quality a lot. But even more than that, they always provide very useful and detailed information on the product you have ordered...

I've said in the past I have no financial interest in Rudra Centre :p but they are my de facto go-to for religious items. What I like in addition to the detailed information about products and the articles (nice little library of articles), is that if you have further questions, they will respond to you personally. I have had pleasant e-mail exchanges with them. I just can't say enough about them.

bijugeorge456
18 January 2013, 08:14 AM

you can used rudraksha mala (http://www.rudraksha-ratna.com/dispMaincategory.php?maincatId=6) for all hindu deities there is no restriction

shivrudraksha
04 July 2013, 02:22 AM
well if its a mala of unknown wooden beads then it is simply not rudraksha mala.

and rudraksha is not cheap, with the powers it has it can never be for free. lot of websites and tv ads give rudraksha for free. be sure those are not real rudraksha.