PDA

View Full Version : Would you mind talking about Jesus being sent ONLY for the "lost sheep of israel"?

Ben Bet Beh
17 August 2011, 09:58 AM
From another thread:

Would you mind talking about Jesus being sent ONLY for the "lost sheep of israel"?
Here is the context of the statement from the New Testament:

And behold, a Canaanite woman from that region came out and cried, "Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is severely possessed by a demon." But he did not answer her a word. And his disciples came and begged him, saying, "Send her away, for she is crying after us." He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." But she came and knelt before him, saying, "Lord, help me." And he answered, "It is not fair to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs." She said, "Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table." Then Jesus answered her, "O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire." And her daughter was healed instantly. (Matthew 15:22-28)

My comments:

In the Old Testament, it was prophesied that the Jews were to expect the coming of the Messiah who would come to liberate the Jews. The Jews believed (and perhaps still believe to this day) that the Messiah would be sent ONLY for the Israelites. Jesus, also was a Jew and was raised in that culture. In the New Testament it mentions somewhere that Jesus continued to grow in wisdom. I believe this episode is a demonstration of that growth in wisdom. The Canaanite woman was persistent in her pursuit of Jesus because she believed he could heal her. Jesus granted her the healing she desired. This shows that Jesus expanded from his original thinking of ONLY being sent to the Israelites but also to those who are not.

Sahasranama
17 August 2011, 10:34 AM
Who gives a damn about the Bible? This is a Hindu forum, people have better things to do than to argue about a bleeding zombie on a stick. How arrogant must you be to come here and think that your explanations of the some desert cult gibberish would add any value to a forum that is dedicated to Hinduism.

SanathanaDharma
17 August 2011, 10:43 AM
Dear Moderators,

At the beginning, when i joined this forum, i had the impression that this forum would be totally dedicated to Sanathana Dharma...where teachings and principles of dharma are discussed in detail "only"...and not adharma in detail...

i was, in the beginning, shocked to see a few sections inside a "hindu dharma" forum which were dedicated to "adharmic practices[so called man made religions] of today"..."Abrahamic Religions" sections
but day by day its extremely saddening to see the growth of such threads, one or the other keeps posting more about adharma in a dharma forum...why?

threads like what does hindus think about mother theresa?, other active forums of interest,
Would you mind talking about Jesus being sent ONLY for the "lost sheep of israel"?,etc
are slowly starting to get maximum views and responses....
HOW IN THE NAME OF GOD DOES THE ANSWER TO THOSE QUESTIONS ENLIGHTEN ANYONE ABOUT PARABRAMHA or HELP ANYONE GAIN MOKSHA

clicking on "Today's posts" shows four threads totally regarding adharma....
its only because a space is provided, the weeds start to grow.....

my humble point is, when there is an infinite ocean of knowledge available for studying, why even bother about baseless nonsense....why?

this forum is equivalent to a temple....opening the home page shows the beautiful photos of those Gods who are dharma personified....just as finding a cross or a line from the baseless
rule books of man made religions is extremely shocking inside a temple, similarly finding an entire section or even a thread dedicated to these mad man made religions is extremely disturbing....

the question is why?...why should there be anything other than understanding Sanathana dharma on a hindu dharma forum....
why should there be debates on adharma, its baseless rules and its followers...why....

also just like one need not burn the hand to understand what fire can do, similarly one need not discuss adharma in detail to understand what is adharma....this is the reason why we have our sacred scriptures....real knowledge allows one to differentiate...

Please note: This post has no hatred against those poor souls who are trapped under the powerful
illusion of maya and follow their own futile rules...its their karma phala....
world wide web is a huge place...let people who love other things open websites, forums, blogs, etc
and discuss whatever they want...but why here?

Jainarayan
17 August 2011, 11:17 AM
This is a Hindu forum ... a forum that is dedicated to Hinduism.

Which by admin's design has a Christianity page, where you are complaining. Petition satay to remove it, or don't read the page. Easy enough... if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Sahasranama
17 August 2011, 11:22 AM
I agree with you SanatanaDharma, I have requested earlier to close the abrahamic forums. The problem is not with people's attitude towards these nonsensical religions, most sensible people will argue against them, but the attention that goes towards them. Every day there's a new post about this bullshit. A lot of members here have never read a Hindu scripture from cover to cover, yet are spending a lot of time quoting the Bible. This is nonsense.

Sahasranama
17 August 2011, 11:28 AM
Which by admin's design has a Christianity page, where you are complaining. Petition satay to remove it, or don't read the page. Easy enough... if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Response by Satay to close these forums:

Namaskar,

The original purpose of the subforums was two fold: 1. to discuss the abrhamic religions from the point of view of dharma and, 2. to collect thoughts, ideas etc. so that missionary activity going on elsewhere on internet by these groups could be effectively countered. These subforums are not for the promotion of those religions i.e. if a member joins solely for the purpose of promoting any religion other than Hinduism, that is not allowed and they get redirected out of HDF quickly.

Now, what's been happening lately is that some people are hiding behind multiple ids, pretending to be hindus and they start their nonsense slowly. Harder to detect but still detectable and as soon as they get detected they are redirected out.

That all being said, I am not willing to close these forums because though we haven't made much progress in this area, I think we can still achieve the initial goals that were intended for these subforums.

It is clear that Ben is here only for the purpose to promote Christianity, so according to the forum policy, he should be redirected elsewhere.

Although in my opinion, it is better to stop talking about Christianity at all, since the unproductive attention that goes towards these desrt cults is a waste of our energy.

kallol
17 August 2011, 11:36 AM
Dear BBB,

Thanks for your knowledge and sharing the same. However I am sure people from other faith have come into this forum to learn more from SD. If we want to learn about other religions, we would join the forums related to those religions.

In this topic, we cannot participate and only the people with christian background can participate. And that is not the objective of this forum. It is not a forum for sharing of knowledge from diverse religion. It is a forum for learning more about SD.

Hope you appreciate the feelings

Love and best wishes

wundermonk
17 August 2011, 11:40 AM
While we DO have a Xian subforum, this cannot be used as an outlet to promote Xity. There is no need of reinterpretation and proper contextualization of various Biblical/Quranic verses ESPECIALLY SINCE THESE TWO CULTS HAVE DECIMATED HINDUISM.

The reason for Xian subforum ought to be to make Hindus aware of Xian deception.

So, BBB should just stop with his explanation/proselytization especially when he does not make clear whether Hindus [non-believers in the exclusivity of JC] are in store for eternal hellfire.

Jainarayan
17 August 2011, 11:41 AM
Although in my opinion, it is better to stop talking about Christianity at all, since the unproductive attention that goes towards these desrt cults is a waste of our energy.

So do your part and don't participate, and let satay handle it. I'm sure if he thinks a rule has been violated the poster gets banned. I'm sure you understand that. No one has a gun to your head to make you read and post. Don't feed the troll(s). Direct your energy to the beauties and wisdom of Sanatana Dharma. Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness, yes?

I'm in here only because I get outraged and tend to lead with my chin, I freely admit, when I smell hypocrisy.

Jainarayan
17 August 2011, 11:45 AM
While we DO have a Xian subforum, this cannot be used as an outlet to promote Xity. ...

The reason for Xian subforum ought to be to make Hindus aware of Xian deception.

Agreed. But where's the line? Seems like a slippery slope to me. Howz'bout everyone put aside the prejudices and hurt feelings and discuss rationally, i.e. stop the name-calling? Or is that beyond the ken of some people?

Sahasranama
17 August 2011, 12:53 PM
So do your part and don't participate, and let satay handle it. I'm sure if he thinks a rule has been violated the poster gets banned. I'm sure you understand that. No one has a gun to your head to make you read and post. Don't feed the troll(s). Direct your energy to the beauties and wisdom of Sanatana Dharma. Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness, yes?

I'm in here only because I get outraged and tend to lead with my chin, I freely admit, when I smell hypocrisy.

I am speaking as a concerned member seeing the state of the forum, the fire has already started, if concerned people don't say anything about this whole place will burn down with people comming here to talk about Christ.

Jainarayan
17 August 2011, 02:06 PM
I am speaking as a concerned member seeing the state of the forum, the fire has already started, if concerned people don't say anything about this whole place will burn down with people comming here to talk about Christ.

If I were satay I'd be highly insulted, the insinuation that I couldn't run this place properly. But clearly satay is a better person than I am.

proudhindu
17 August 2011, 02:22 PM
There is no need for a separate thread for the discussion already progressed to considerable extent.

For the record; i am not the One who set any new discussion points.

wundermonk
17 August 2011, 02:22 PM
If I were satay I'd be highly insulted, the insinuation that I couldn't run this place properly. But clearly satay is a better person than I am.

This is clearly inciting the mods against another user.

Jainarayan
17 August 2011, 02:24 PM
:rolleyes:

proudhindu
17 August 2011, 02:24 PM
This is clearly inciting the mods against another user.

Agreed.

Sahasranama
17 August 2011, 02:36 PM
Well, at least I have a sticker on the door that says "missionaries and marketers are not appreciated here". If they still knock on the door (a lot just ignore the sticker and still knock on the door), we tell them to go away. It would be a nice idea for the forum, sometimes you just got to be blunt with them.