PDA

View Full Version : _/\_ Namaste _/\_

Svapnaja
22 August 2011, 11:33 AM
Just an unaffiliated seeker with an interest and appreciation for all Dharma traditions. I am hoping to learn more about the diverse philosophies and practices of Sanatana Dharma while I'm here. Thank you.

_/\_

Believer
23 August 2011, 10:20 PM
Namaste,

Welcome to the forum, hope you find your visits here fruitful and educational.

Your bio states, 'Interest in Sanatana Dharma and curiosity about its early theories and practices'. Just for the sake of clarity, to a SD practitioner, the early/ancient scriptural knowledge is not 'theories' postulated by a 'nerd' in a lab coat :). They are either Divine inspired or Divine uttered words which are treated with extreme reverence.

Regards.

Pranam.

Ramakrishna
23 August 2011, 10:22 PM
Namaste Svapnaja,

Welcome to HDF! I look forward to your posts.

Jai Sri Ram

Svapnaja
24 August 2011, 09:51 AM
Namaste,

Welcome to the forum, hope you find your visits here fruitful and educational.

Your bio states, 'Interest in Sanatana Dharma and curiosity about its early theories and practices'. Just for the sake of clarity, to a SD practitioner, the early/ancient scriptural knowledge is not 'theories' postulated by a 'nerd' in a lab coat :). They are either Divine inspired or Divine uttered words which are treated with extreme reverence.

Regards.

Pranam.

My intention is not to offend. By theories I mean philosophies, such as theory of knowledge (epistemology), theory of reality (metaphysics), theory of good (ethics), etc. I am still learning.

_/\_

Eastern Mind
24 August 2011, 02:14 PM
Vannakkam Svapnaja: Welcome to these forums. I hope you get a portion of what you're looking for here.

Aum Namasivaya

sunyata07
24 August 2011, 02:49 PM
Namaste Svapnaja,

Welcome to the forums! You'll have no shortage of resources here to sate your hunger for knowledge. Enjoy your time here, and I look forward to reading your posts.

Om namah Shivaya

Svapnaja
24 August 2011, 06:34 PM
Thank you, all. Happy to be here.

_/\_

sm78
25 August 2011, 02:09 AM
My intention is not to offend. By theories I mean philosophies, such as theory of knowledge (epistemology), theory of reality (metaphysics), theory of good (ethics), etc. I am still learning.

_/\_

Nothing wrong with theories in my mind, but those above are western concepts - which unnecessarily compartmentalize the same underlying reality which is no different from knowledge or good and such concepts.