PDA

View Full Version : Knowledge is different...

yajvan
29 December 2006, 11:45 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~~

Namaste,
I have been taught ( and have the experience myself) that
Knowledge is different in different states of consciousness.

When highly evolved beings talk to us its tough for them the get the message to us in "packets" that cuts through the ego, baggage, impressions, etc of the individual. Consider this with all the levels of consciousness various listeners (sadhu's) may be in.

The great teachers know how to teach on multiple levels with their words. Each level of consciousness of the receiver hears what is needed or can be extracted from a parable, or stitch of wisdom. This is why many teach via sutras (or stitches) - just enough for potency without too many words that get hung up with the receiver.

Higher levels of consciousness allows one to "see" the truth of the great writings. This is seen throughout all great writings from the Gita, to the Upanishads, the Bible, etc. I can site multiple sections that say one thing on thes surface, but has multiple meanings.

This is done on purpose. The Gita is my favorite. The brilliance of Ved Vayasa the author is staggering. That is, the writing passes the qualification of the 6 systems of Indian philosophy - we know these as :
Nyaya - the science of reasoning
Vaisheshika - differentiation of object and subject or (vishesha) of the 5 tattvas ( water, air, akasha,etc)+ time, direction,atman,mind.
Samkhya - different components of the object -Samkhya means number - 25 categories at the base of creation to know.
Yoga - direct cognition of an object ( I am THAT) -and the works of Maharishi Patanjali for direct perception of Pure Being ( Consciousness)
Karma Mimansa - modes of activity of an object and components; investigation in action and in accord with Dharma.
Vedanta or the end of the Ved - all this is Brahman - total Unity in diversity.
These 6 systems, on there own, could be considered complete, but when together give perfection of knowledge (wholeness of this and THAT).
It has been unfortunate that different sects arise and choose one system over another and hail it superior over the others. They miss the mark that all taken together delivers full knowledge, complete integration of life ( the Absolute + Relative = Brahman)

Hence when the Enlightened speak , at times, it takes an enlightened being to interpret for us! The sages that convert wonderful knowledge into to "bits and bites" we can consume and comprehend. Jesus was one of these folks. His teachings are wonderful and are pregnant with the truth. The Kingdom of heaven is within you ; Love thy neighbor as thy SELF . I and my Father are ONE. How More Profound can a jivanmuki be? That is, I am FULL and whole in my SELF - I AM THAT. That is why HE can say he is the teaching and the way - his ego is now HIS ego. There is no lesh-avidya, or remains of ignorance with him, he is Brahman.

" we are continually trying to regain the lost memory of our true SELF - that is what is called life" Swami Ashokananda.