PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to get up early y'all!

c.smith
04 September 2011, 02:44 PM
Hari Om!

This short video, just over 3 minutes, shows other reasons to wake during brahmamuhurta and gives tips for doing so. Also, gives the health benefits of doing such. With English subtitles.

http://www.bsk.ashram.org/Gallery/VideoPlayer/TabId/904/SeriesID/116/Sanskar-Sinchan-English-Subtitles.aspx

Om Namah Sivaya
Jai Hanuman!

sunyata07
05 September 2011, 12:09 PM
Namaste,

Thanks, C.Smith, for sharing the video with us. Very helpful and explained nicely. It must be easier to wake up in Brahmamuhurta in India. Those who live way up past or below the equator line in the northern and southern hemispheres don't have the luxury of waking up with Surya's blessed rays in their bedroom come wintertime. I have considered purchasing one of those natural light alarm clocks for this reason.

Om namah Shivaya

Mana
05 September 2011, 01:05 PM
Namasté I'll second those thanks c.smith

Getting up early; when I achieve this regularly, is the single most defining factor to my day.
I am concentrating on re establishing this routine for sadhana at the moment.

Oh how easily swayed from this we can be, when this does not coincide with our cultural norms.

Pranam

Mana

Ramakrishna
05 September 2011, 10:55 PM
Namaste Clayton,

Thanks for sharing. In the rare instances that I have woken up during Brahmamuhurta, it has been very effective. I have found meditation and japa done at this time to be especially powerful. I'm also trying to work this into my sadhana, but in my current busy circumstances (college) I don't know how practical it will be.

Jai Sri Ram