PDA

View Full Version : How long before I can post before waiting for moderation?

Quark23
07 September 2011, 03:12 AM
As the title suggests.

Any help would be warmly received on this matter.

- Rahasya :Cool:

Mana
08 September 2011, 10:39 AM
Namasté Quark23

I believe it's about 10 posts which are filtered; before you can post freely.

I look forwards to reading your posts.

praNAma

mana

Adhvagat
08 September 2011, 12:15 PM
Why the rush my friend? Our lives are all moderated by the laws of prakrti and we fare just fine with that. :)

Quark23
08 September 2011, 07:26 PM
Why the rush my friend? Our lives are all moderated by the laws of prakrti and we fare just fine with that. :)

Ho! Ho! :)

I'm a soul that's always in a hurry :) - actually probably "impatient" is a better term to describe it...

OM GUY
30 September 2011, 05:19 PM

But then again, it would be discouraging indeed, to go up to the doors of a Temple to pray, only to be turned away ten times.:)

threegates
04 October 2011, 12:02 AM
Yeah, I wrote a huge message and it's nowhere to be found. This is a little off setting.

IcyCosmic
24 April 2012, 03:25 PM
I'm a web developer and I've ran forums many times before, and perhaps the moderator/administrator should consider

the fast removal of spam rather versus the heavy censoring of new members?
just a thought.

I understand your looking for quality over quantity, but it is off-putting to brand new members trying to get into the community ^.^

Om Namah Shivaya

Ninendiva
01 October 2012, 06:21 PM
I am finding this rather aggravating as well. I've used many web forums for things and never ran into this before. I posted something on Friday midday and it's still not up - even if I posted 10 things and got approval it would take forever at this rate! But hoping to tough through it because I'd like to actually make conversation here and learn.

In my experience it is easier and more beneficial to just remove spam actively rather than punish new members.

Eastern Mind
02 October 2012, 05:23 PM
I am finding this rather aggravating as well. I've used many web forums for things and never ran into this before. I posted something on Friday midday and it's still not up - even if I posted 10 things and got approval it would take forever at this rate! But hoping to tough through it because I'd like to actually make conversation here and learn.

In my experience it is easier and more beneficial to just remove spam actively rather than punish new members.

Vannakkam: Trust me, this is a good rule. I'm an assistant moderator, and have wasted a few hours of my time deleting spam on occasion. There are, for lack of a better word, Hindu-haters out there, who love to waste other people's time with spam or worse.

So just hang in there and keep posting. This isn't the busiest of forums, as we prefer quality over quantity, and sometimes it takes a day or so for our Super moderator to pop by.

Aum Namasivaya

Ninendiva
03 October 2012, 07:07 PM
I was a moderator of a forum, granted a forum for writing, so I can understand how frustrating it can be to have to moderate like crazy when spammers come in! I could imagine it's worse when the forum is on a "touchy subject".

Ninendiva
07 October 2012, 11:02 PM
I don't mean to post again after already having posted, but I have made more than 10 posts but I'm still not able to post without approval. :( Is it 20 instead?

satay
09 October 2012, 09:42 AM
Admin Note

Namaskar,

I have been receiving similar comments from newcomers and it seems that there is some confusion about posting on HDF. So let me clarify once again.

Please READ the welcome message that everyone gets when they join HDF. All new members' postings go to moderation queue. Eventually their posts will go directly to the forum.

Please be patient and keep posting.

Thank you.

Necromancer
02 January 2013, 10:11 AM
Thank you for letting me know this. At first, I thought it was a bit annoying and I am not in any rush to actually post anything, but when I do, I'd just like to see it. lol

I guess I am just impatient too, but I'll learn.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Anirudh
02 January 2013, 04:57 PM
Namaste New Members,

I am just about two months old member. Moderation of posts made by new members is 100% necessary to maintain the sanctity of the discussion.

During the start, when my post didn't appear even after 48 hours of the submission I wrote to Satay seeking explanation. His reply made a lot of sense to me. I think this Rule is the most attractive thing of the forum. Anti Hindu elements and other psychopaths are kept at bay, and that gives a sense of security to discuss subjects freely.

If some one has to survived the initial moderation, he at least has proved his intentions clear to the forum. Assume the kind of reaction some one like me would get who sing praise of pseudo secularism 24/7 if it was not moderated. Another good part of this forum is senior members take unconditional responsibilities when things cross the a acceptable level of intolerance.

sva
26 March 2013, 03:26 AM
I totally agree with the moderation policy, as a newbie. Also, the fact that I am reading this thread demonstrates my 'newbie need' :rolleyes:

We are basically here to discuss various aspects of Dharma - timeless, infinite - which is very different from the stuff discussed on many other forums. So where is the need to hurry?

Being active on some other (not related to Dharma) forums, I am in fact really impressed with the 'cleanliness' of this forum. That alone is well worth the delay in appearance of my posts.

Jay Sri Krishna

Sachin95
27 March 2013, 12:04 AM
Namaste,

hang in there!

MdBali
06 May 2013, 09:15 PM
i see... so long not active in this forum, i think there is a problem with my account :D

Believer
07 May 2013, 05:33 AM
Namaste MdBali,

Welcome to the forum. It is so good to have people from Bali join us in the forum. I was there last year and I had so many questions about the way Hinduism is practiced there. Hopefully we will get all that info from you in the coming days and weeks.

Pranam.

charitra
07 May 2013, 01:41 PM
i see... so long not active in this forum, i think there is a problem with my account :D
welcome to the forum, Namaste.

MdBali
07 May 2013, 08:52 PM
Namaste MdBali,

Welcome to the forum. It is so good to have people from Bali join us in the forum. I was there last year and I had so many questions about the way Hinduism is practiced there. Hopefully we will get all that info from you in the coming days and weeks.

Pranam.
Namaste Believer,

i hope you had nice trip in Bali.
hopefully i can explain more about Hinduism in Bali. ;)

sorry if my english not too good. :D

welcome to the forum, Namaste.

thanks, :)
namaste.

Believer
20 May 2013, 08:04 PM
Namaste,

Namaste Believer,

i hope you had nice trip in Bali.
hopefully i can explain more about Hinduism in Bali. ;)
Yes, it was great.

I there any interaction between the people in Bali and the Hindus in India?
Do the Balinese ever go on pilgrimages to the Hindu temples in India?
The Prambanan temple in Yogyakarta had the deities in them, but all the other temples did not have any. Why this difference? Are there any other temples besides the Prambanan which have deities in them?
Do you get any days off from work for any of the Hindu festivals?
Shivratri is the big festival there, it is at midnight and people do not feel the need to get a day off, but about the other Hindu festivals - I was told that you don't celebrate any of them, why?

Any comments on my observations/conclusions about the state of Hinduism there, as expressed at the following link,
http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=10521

Pranam.