PDA

View Full Version : Hi Folks

kannada
22 September 2011, 02:56 AM
You've got a great forum here...

Bernie is my 'real' name but I post under my initiate name of 'kannada'.

My main interest has been meditation practice and I have been inspired by the Dharma teachings, be they Hindu, Buddhist or the more contemporary teachers, over quite some time now - Ramana Maharshi being at the top of the list, a wonderful exponent of the Dharma.

I'm looking forward to sharing some ideas about practice with like minded people and learning more about the Sanatana Dharma tradition and teachings...

All the best
k

sunyata07
27 September 2011, 11:53 AM
Namaste Bernie,

Welcome to the forums. Glad to have you with us, and I hope you find your stay with us pleasant and useful. Best of luck with your endeavours.

Om namah Shivaya

Mana
27 September 2011, 12:11 PM
Namasté kannada

Pleased to meet you; welcome.

praNAma

mana

wundermonk
28 September 2011, 02:13 AM
Hi Bernie/Kannada:

Welcome to HDF.

I'm curious about your "initiate" name. Kannada is a S. Indian language. Sage Kanada was also the systematizer of the Vaiseshika Darshana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaisheshika) - one of the 6 orthodox schools of Sanatana Dharma.

kannada
28 September 2011, 05:13 AM
Hi Sunyata, Mana, Wundermonk...

Thank you kindly for your welcome.

Wundermonk, the name 'kannada' was given to me in 1974 by Swami Muktananda Paramhansa when initiated into Shaktipat Diksha. I never really followed up on the meaning of the word or its philosophical heritage. Thank you for the link, I am reading it now...

Take care to all
k

R Gitananda
29 September 2011, 02:32 AM
Namaste

Welcome to Hindu Dharma Forums. :)
Kannada do you still identify with the Siddha Yoga organization?

Hari Aum

Hi Sunyata, Mana, Wundermonk...

Thank you kindly for your welcome.

Wundermonk, the name 'kannada' was given to me in 1974 by Swami Muktananda Paramhansa when initiated into Shaktipat Diksha. I never really followed up on the meaning of the word or its philosophical heritage. Thank you for the link, I am reading it now...

Take care to all
k

Ramakrishna
29 September 2011, 01:31 PM
Namaste Kannada,

Welcome to HDF. I look forward to your posts.

Jai Sri Ram

kannada
30 September 2011, 10:40 PM
Namaste,
Thank you for your welcome...

No, I do not identify with any organization, either when Muktananda was alive or deceased. Shaktipat Diksha is above and beyond organizations. I say so in my site www.the-initiate.com

All the best
k

Namaste

Welcome to Hindu Dharma Forums. :)
Kannada do you still identify with the Siddha Yoga organization?

Hari Aum